The Kids from Fame (and related Fame stuff) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

The Kids from Fame (and related Fame stuff)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by torontodj, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Am I the only one who, for some reason, regularly shipped Leroy and Lydia, especially in the later seasons? I was a little more than a toddler back then but I remember thinking that they look great together.

Plus why nobody has yet mention Nia Peeples?

And, while I'm at it, any love for mullet buff Bill Hufsey?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. Love Nia Peeples but HATED how they handled her character's exit. Just terrible. I think even one of the producers later on admitted it was a mistake.

3. Oh my @ Billy Hufsey.

One thing I was wondering - did they show the complete run on BBC1? I remember it being absolutely massive in 1982/3 and I had all the cassettes, fan club magazines, sticker albums etc but have no recollection of Janet Jackson, Nia Peeples or Billy Hufsey. Did I just get bored of it or did the BBC quietly drop it after the hysteria died down?

mump boy, blod and Vasilios like this.
  4. Billy Hufsey was in a dodgy horror film called Graduation Day shortly before Fame. I think he pole-vaults on to a bed of spikes.

funkyg likes this.
  5. Any gratuitous nudity? I'm asking for a friend.

blod likes this.
  6. None male.

idratherjack likes this.
  7. Thanks!

(doesn't bother seeking out Graduation Day)

blod likes this.
  8. I've always wondered this too.
    I think that they just showed seasons 1 and 2 (on Thurs at 7.30pm after Top of the Pops I think?), then repeated them in the summer holidays on weekday mornings for a few years.

Eric Generic and idratherjack like this.
  9. I think it was a Thursday at 8pm too (my memory is very hazy as I would only have been 8 or 9) but I certainly don't think they showed the later seasons. I remember being shocked to learn it lasted until 1987!

blod likes this.
  10. Where has Billy Hufsey been all my life?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He certainly puts Carlo Imperato in the shade!

funkyg, torontodj and blod like this.
  11. No idea, but I remember Janet turning up, maybe it had been relegated to a lesser time slot (or bbc2) but I remember knowing that she was a jackson (and soon to be my favourite Jackson)

funkyg and idratherjack like this.
  12. She was called Cleo wasn't she? I must have seen her in it because I used to argue with people that Janet Jackson was a kid from Fame!

13. He never did much for me until... you posted these pics.

funkyg likes this.
  14. You're welcome. If I felt strange stirrings over Danny, god knows what he would have done to me!

blod and funkyg like this.
  15. Ralph Macchio in drag.

16. idratherjack and funkyg like this.
  17. @Baby Clyde prepare for a heart attack.

Aww dayum it's in California.

Baby Clyde and Mvnl like this.
  18. Erica Gimpel is looking snatched

[​IMG]

As the young people say.

funkyg likes this.
  19. Also, with Steps, Bananarama, (holographic) ABBA and now The Kids From Fame reforming it proves that pop dreams really do come true!

20. I'm going. @mump boy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.