The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful | The Popjustice Forum

The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, Jun 3, 2016.

1. At a recent concert they debuted a new song. (Or work in progress)

They have been working with Ryan Tedder on the new album:
    They've been working with Elton John too:

They've also been collaborating with Steve Angello of Swedish House Mafia.

ohnostalgia and 2014 like this.
  2. Edu

Edu

Ryan Tedder and Elton John? Oh boy. I don't know if this is the direction I would want for them.
    Apparently they're also working with Jack Antonoff.

3. I'm very here for a new killers album, but I think they need to loosen up a bit and have some fun. The debut was just such a fun rush, gorgeous videos, fun, synthy, sparkly.
    They have largely been pretty serious for the last few albums, I want something upbeat, less cinematic, more bouncy. I think Brandon can deliver, as evidenced by his brilliant second solo album.

Leopold likes this.
  4. Bring me a new A Dustland Fairytale, kings.

5. What an odd list of collaborators, I wonder if Brandon is hit thirsty after being under the radar for awhile.

Leopold likes this.
  6. I saw their show last night in Windsor, Canada. They remain to be one of the greatest live acts. It's odd they're doing such a limited run tour, and it's all very similar to the Battle Born tour. But I'm not complaining.

Edu likes this.
  7. A Jack Antonoff produced Killers album would be amazing.

All of this sounds like they're going into a Pop-ier direction, which is promising. Jack would be a really good collaborator to translate the Ariel Rechtshaid sound of The Desired Effect for the band.

Jwentz and Edu like this.
  8. That's an interesting list of collaborators. I'd love to see what they come up with this time around.. I've loved all their albums so far. Brandon's second solo was excellent. I'm really looking forward to this new album.

9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I just want something interesting. Battle Born was not.

digitalkaiser and Mikey1701 like this.
  10. I lost total faith in them with Battle Born but then The Desired Effect is in my like top ten albums of all time so I'm here for them again.

I think enough time has passed and they've got enough credibility that maybe, hopefully, we can have a fun and big and pop synth driven album like Hot Fuss again. I love Sam's Town and the one that came after that was good, but I'd really love for them to do a 360 now.

ohnostalgia, Beginner and Edu like this.
  11. ohnostalgia likes this.
  12. Edu

Edu

Yeah I wasn't excited about Battle Born too but then Shot At The Night was so pop and 80s and synth heavy that I got back on the Killers train. A full Killers record produced by M83/Anthony Gonzales would have been great too.

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Why am I laughing at this????

"Once [the band] all get on the same page, it'll work," Flowers said, before joking, "I need to persuade them to like the same things as I do."

Responding to reports that he'd called his bandmates 'lazy', Flowers said: "Did I say lazy? I tell you, recently Dave [Keuning] has really shown a new interest in being the guitar player for The Killers. I don't know if he saw [the quote]. I hope I didn't upset him."

14. Gather them.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  15. A Shot At The Night and Just Another Girl were both pretty great after the dismal Battle Born, so I'm ready for more from them especially after Brandon's last solo album which was grand, if not as good as the best Killers stuff.

Oddly their debut is only my third favourite of their albums, with Day and Age second and Sam's Town first. On paper I should love the synthtastic debut, but the singles aside I find it all a bit of a chore. My love for them really kicked in with the amazing and bizarrely often forgotten When You Were Young, and the album attached to that nearly lives up to its genius.

Anyway, where was I? Yes...err new Killers album. Bravo!!!

Edu likes this.
  16. I'll never understand why Brandon thinks Battle Born was bad. I still think its a great album.

17. It's not a bad album, it's just at that point they needed a really great album and it was just more of the same.

18. The only song I'm still even remotely interested in from Battle Born is Flesh and Bone.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  19. Yeah, Hot Fuss has got to be one of the most front loaded albums ever. You've got a fan favorite and three instant classic singles, then a whole bunch of filler.

Anyway, I would love a hit-chasing album. TDE was full of potential hits, but he doesn't really have the same plaftorm as a solo artist.

Deleted member 312 and Jwentz like this.
  20. My rankings will always be Sam's Town > Hot Fuss > Sawdust (Because I'm sneaky) > Day and Age >>>>>>>>>>>>>Battle born

A good mix of Sams Town and Hot Fuss (Hot Sam heh) would be literally perfect. Add some modern flourishes and we've got it. Day and Age didn't age too well for me, but it had some great songs. I know they have it in them, Brandon's 2nd solo album shows me that the pieces are all there, but he just needs the band to get on board.

..is it almost to much to ask for no more Vegas imagery? I'm so tired of it but I know he's very loyal to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.