The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, Jun 3, 2016.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I know they can only have a short set list but I'd love for them to perform Bones and Shot At The Night too. They would be incredible!

2. They need to perform "Andy You're A Star" and make it the Homoerotictime Show.

Mr Brightside likes this.
  3. This is from January but I just saw it, and I see it hasn't been posted. From NME:

“There are moments that feel heavier than anything we’ve ever done, not that we’re the heaviest band in the world, but they have a finesse because of our experience,” said frontman Brandon Flowers. “There’s also really beautiful things. Lyrically, it’s really close to home.”

Speaking of new songs and titles, Flowers said: “There’s one called ‘Rut’ and we were all kind of excited about what was happening with that. Another is called ‘Run For Cover’ and that comes from ‘Day & Age’, so it’s eight-years-old. It started with Stuart Price and it still sort of has his stamp on it – but we’re funneling it back through the band eight years later with a different producer.

“I never got the lyrics right and I think I’m gonna get it right this time. ‘Run For Cover’ looks like it’s got a good shot [of being on the album].”

He continued: “There’s one called ‘Tyson Vs Douglas’ [named after the 1990 Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas boxing match]. I don’t know why but I think about it all the time and I finally tried to tackle it in a song, what it meant to have this hero of mine get torn down, and then everything that happened after that.”

Last year also saw The Killers celebrate the 10th anniversary of their seminal second album ‘Sam’s Town’. When asked about the impact that revisiting the record had on writing new material, Flowers replied: “I think in that aspect it was integral. It made me remember how cohesive everything was, there’s something really together about it. we put out ‘Direct Hits’ after ‘Battle Born’ and I feel like that was the end of something, so now it’s about re-imagining The Killers as men now. People with life experiences and blood on their hands, seeing what we look like with callouses and lines around our eyes.”

This audio is apparently from one of the new songs:

4. They're working with Jacknife Lee. He's produced for U2 ("City of Blinding Lights", "The Saints are Coming", "One Step Closer"), Taylor Swift ("The Last Time"), Weezer ("Pork & Beans"), Snow Patrol ("Chasing Cars", "Set Fire to The Third Bar", "Hands Open"), plus The Black Keys, R.E.M, Robbie Williams, and many others.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  5. I am so ready for this. Have been on a Killers/Brandon binge lately. Can't believe its nearly 2 years ago I saw him at the gig he done in London to promote his album.

6. They're one of the headliners for Lollapalooza this year.

Leopold likes this.

7. Sounds more Hot Fuss-y.

8. More of everything else and less of Battle Born, please.

9. He's teasing me with those arms.

AllGagaLike, SMG, Noir and 1 other person like this.
  10. Fixed that for you.

Beginner likes this.
  11. I'd like to see Brandon do a Carpool Karaoke for the new album promo.

2014 and Knightr634 like this.
  12. No, I love Just Another Girl. It's really quite heart-wrenching.

After Battle Born, Hot Fuss is my least favourite of their albums. Singles aside its pretty rubbish to these ears. Sam's Town is where it's at for me, and then Day & Age. When You Were Young is still my favourite Killers song, and I love This Is Your Life and Joyride from D&A. They got the singles a bit wrong with that album for me.

I've listened to Battle Born once. I only bother with Flesh and Bone now.

That last clip with the arms sounds more Sam's Town to me...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2017
  13. Hot Fuss might be iffy but I still love Change Your Mind.

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

what.

15. Just people talking about it above. I think it's a pretty solid album but I only go back to the singles and Change Your Mind and haven't listened to the rest in a couple years. It's also late and my words are iffy.

16. "Believe Me Natalie," "Smile Like You Mean It," whatever track one is called...

17. I'll have to give the album another listen soon. It's been far too long!

2014 likes this.
  18. Well Smile Like You Mean It was a single, no?

And it's Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine I believe...

goldsoundz likes this.
  19. Battle Born is underrated. Even by Brandon himself.

Beginner likes this.
  20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine was literally playing in my taxi on the way home from clubbing last night and I was so shook it made my night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.