The Koda Kumi Rate PART I: The End. Onto the next part we go | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum

The Koda Kumi Rate PART I: The End. Onto the next part we go

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by evilsin, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Oh, you're still thinking I'm putting you there? Yeah, sure, I will do that not.

2. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I loved my time in the thread title, but I think all the fame is going to my head....also, I’ve never looked up the lyrics to the song, so I always thought it was “til the sun rains, so get out the sun.” MESS.

evilsin, Ceir and send photo like this.
  3. I'm changing the title today, don't you fret. And yeah, mess, although I can't deny the fact that Kumi's English parts are often a mess as well.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  4. Quite happy with Come With Me leaving.

5. But why isn't anyone talking about the voters who gave it a 10?

[​IMG]

6. @send photo, hun, you did fabulously! See, and you were worrying you wouldn't do this justice. Anyway, stan BoA a little, now would you.
    You know... there is an instrumental of the dance version on love across the ocean single. Now if only someone would do the magic and put BoA's vocals onto that with Kumi's. Where is @Andy French when you need them?

Oh yeah, and I totally let the guest revealers eliminate their 11. Because I'm that binch you like.

7. Well that rules me out for a guest reveal. Guess I am holding on to a final straw to make the thread title.

send photo and evilsin like this.
  8. Yeah... sorry about that!
    Do you really want to get there this much?

9. I am just playing! No worries.

10. Be careful what you wish for.

11. Scream. How did I not see this coming?

12. Because I'm KO-SO-KO-SO like Kumi.

13. CAMO is a bop. I'm excited for that rate.

send photo, Ceir and evilsin like this.
  14. I can't even with "meaning of peace" ranking higher than "Heat" and "Just Go". Just no.

evilsin likes this.
  15. Sometimes it's just how it is - meaning better songs are better. HA!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  16. [​IMG]

Yup.

It's another 4 track tie!

[​IMG]
    12 (4 track tie) Hot Stuff feat. KM-MARKIT
    Average: 8,25

Highest score: 10x3 (@Monkey0, @Ceir, @Weslicious)
    Lowest score: 6x1 (@send photo)
    My score: 8

About time secret started losing more tracks, no? Hot Stuff was produced by Daisuke "D.I." Imai and written by both Kumi and KM-MARKIT (naturally). A hot urban track is probably one of the most hip-hop influenced of Kumi's. I mean look at the styling of the music video and tell me they were not inspired by Christina Aguilera or Mary J. Blige. The song bops like there is no tomorrow, but I can't help but think that any other rapper would've been a better match than BLAND-MARKIT. I'm sorry, but he's just not my cuppa. Lyrically the song confuses me to no end, because... I didn't bother looking up the lyrics for this one before and I just didn't know Kuu was singing about that in the chorus:

Cause I got a hot stuff, come and get it

C'mon, raise your right hand as you like
    And I got a hot stuff, if you like it
    What I believe in continues afterward
    Cause I got a hot stuff, come and taste it
    Don't let these never changing days
    Repeat again

Cause I got a hot stuff, come and get it
    What's important is at your side
    It's up to you to grasp it
    Cause I got a hot stuff, come and taste it
    Even on days when you fear getting hurt,
    You just gotta greet me and take my hand
    (c) @otenkiame

Like... where's the sex? Where's the lust? Oh well, we got Heat for that, don't we, @RUNAWAY?

Speaking of whom, traitors get to go first this round, @RUNAWAY (8) agrees with me, "i've never really like KM Markit so this has always kind of been tainted for me. it's sort of a jam." See, we can be good together sometimes. Top scorer @Monkey0 knows when Kumi is at her best, "Kuu + Middle Eastern sounds = instant erotic smash", true, although I started to doubt how this related to Hot Stuff and then I heard a soft flute all throughout in the instrumental. @Sprockrooster (7) was onto this sound as well, "This leaves me cold. Where is the fire?? Is it just me by the way, but are there some Arabic influences here? They are keeping this track interesting." But have you seen the music video?

Kumi loooooves this one, so there are quite a few performances out there. Lets stop at this one from Dream Music Park where she was dancing with a dinosaur, because why the fuck not?

yuuurei, vague, aaronhansome and 2 others like this.
  17. Bloody hell, a 4 way tie? My 11 better be going top 10 for having to deal with all these ties.

Sprockrooster and evilsin like this.
  18. Hot Stuff not being in Top 10? Wow, y'all hate sex.

Ceir and evilsin like this.
  19. [​IMG]
    12 (4 track tie) Trust you
    Average: 8,25

Highest score: 10x4 (@lalaclairi_, @RUNAWAY, @Remorque, @me!)
    Lowest score: 6x1 (@BoomBoX)
    My score: Issa 10!

I'll say it again... louder for those in the back - ISSA 10! Produced by Watanabe Tooru (Kumi's Sweet Kiss and With Your Smile, some Suzuki Ami's songs, quite a few of IDONLING!!!) and written by him and Kumi, Trust you is one of Kuu's ultimate R'n'B bops to me. It took me a bit of time to fully appreciate it though, mainly due to the fact that it's a bit understated. Still once I took a bite and chewed, the flavours flourished and filled my mouth. Mmhm. Ahem. Oh yeah, the song. Totally amazing and mesmerizing track that is perfect for looping. For the longest time I thought it was produced by Daisuke "D.I." Imai, turns out I wasn't far off, because he made the arrangement and I can totally hear his style here. I'm not sure I'm that good in cyphering the meaning of the lyrics clearly, especially considering I'm usually looking at the translation and only understand a couple of lines in Japanese, but I just adore this one. Something just speaks to me through those sounds Kumi makes with her luscious lips. Ugh, me again with that oral fixation. Anyway, I want you to check the full lyrics:

Baby, don't go... [x2]

Your vague behaviour always confuses me
    If you're lying to me, it'll be over, no ifs, buts or maybes
    You used to long for your "genuine girl"
    I’ll always need you

Precious night, if I could go back once again
    Once again, to the night we spent together
    I’m sure I could forget the mistakes of the past

*Crazy, yeah, I'll look only at you forever
    Forgetting even the time that goes by
    I’ll always love you
    Baby trust you, I'm begging you
    How long will I have to wait before you turn around?
    It’s not only girls who can be made to dance
    I’m longing for the warmth of your hand stroking my hair*

Baby, don't go... [x2]

If certainty alone makes the world keep moving
    Then you don't need to be sad
    On the surface, you shower everyone with kindness
    I can never leave you when you’re like that, yeah

Would you keep looking at me no matter what shape we were
    As long as we were together?
    Enticed like that, like a child, I fall into yet another trap

Crazy, I can't keep my balance anymore, hold me
    Our relationship isn’t that kind of game
    I tell myself that you’re not
    Trust you, everything to me
    But I can’t stop my heart, in my line of sight
    Is a you that nobody can change
    I want you to stroke my hair and feel only my warmth

Precious love
    Once again

I’m sure I could forget the mistakes of the past

*repeat

Baby, don't go... [x3]
    (c) kiwi-musume

Y'all are rotten to the core, you know? Only our resident Judas @RUNAWAY, who is also a top scorer, managed to write a comment. But I get it, the song's too good, took your tongues out fijación oral, "Love this song and the fact that she does too by giving it 2 music videos! YAS!!" YAS, indeed. I still don't know what made her do 2 videos, but I guess if you look at the subtitle of the second one - Thanks to MAM & GRAMMA Version - it was somehow connected to her mom and grandma? I don't know, yeesh.

Kumi performed Trust you during her very first nation wide tour, alas there are no videos of it online.

And I'll just tag @GhettoPrincess, because she thinks her 11 is about to go, ha!

yuuurei, vague, aaronhansome and 3 others like this.
  20. Don't worry, I'll only tag you once every 2 posts now.
    Now please point me into the direction of sex in the lyrics, please.

aaronhansome and send photo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.