The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: Oh yeah, we're getting deeper into TOP40 | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: Oh yeah, we're getting deeper into TOP40

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by evilsin, Mar 20, 2018.

?

So what's with all those introductions?

1. Introduction to the second session

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. INTRODUCTION

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Introduction for Kingdom

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. INTRODUCTION FOR TRICK

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. I mean... I could've given all of her songs 8-10s, because why the eff not, right? Still I was trying to be objective and those 2 seem worse, although there are not far away from Your Love.

EachSmallStep, vague, yuuurei and 2 others like this.
  2. So far so good!

vague and evilsin like this.
  3. [​IMG]
    (TIE)
    Sora

Average: 6,45
    Highest score: 8,5x1 (@RUNAWAY) 8x2 (@otenkiame, @soratami)
    Lowest score: 4x1 (@yuuurei) 5x3 (@Osiris, @lalaclairi_, @Eskiath)
    My score: 7

Swish, swish, bish, another extra song in the casket. This time a b-side to FREAKY that was used a bit for promo. Produced by the R'n'B artisan Jin Nakamura (all of the best Matsushita Yuya songs, EXILE's LOVERS AGAIN and Ti Amo, YU-A's Yasashii Kao de Chikadzukanaide) and written by Kumi, this track is a bright slice of summer. It is without a doubt a seasonal song that achieves what it is going for, alas despite being produced by such an amazing musician, it didn't deliver to the fullest. The production itself is really nice, still the melodies are a bit on the lacking side to me. Lyrically the number is about letting go of the constraints of your daily life and going forward to your dream... through the skies!

The summer wind teaches us

It informs us of new things
    The future will spreads out, so let me hear your voice
    This song and this melody
    have started flowing, now look
    You're prepared, you can do it, I'm sure

It'll spread out. Hey look
    The courage to get rid of the sadness
    deep in your smiles is in your heart
    You grow stronger unconsciously
    You just need to laugh honestly
    Let's walk naturally, no one will laugh at you
    (c) @otenkiame

Okay, only 4 of you gave this any thought and I can't really blame you. Let's try and do the most with the least, shall we? The overarching theme here is that this is nice, cute and mostly good, but a bit on the safe and plain side. @vague (7) was trying to say what I just did, but in even simpler words, because words are hard. Not really the words themselves, yes, more like the thoughts, the thoughts that we have in our head, uh huh, those are hard to express with these words that just won't materialize in our minds so we could put our thoughts into them and when they do, they don't necessarily come out the way we won't them to. Having said all that @vague opted for the inoffensive, "it's a cute song, but a bit of a nonevent" Yeah, sure. @Cutlery (7,5) wished to join @vague in this little club of simple, yet effective word-slingers. Whip out! And we know what they wanted to convey with they words without much fanfare. You see, you might think I'm dragging and belittling their commentaries, but no, on the contrary, I'm astonished at their ability to be so sure and direct with their thoughts on the song in question. Anyway, "Sweet, but not annoyingly", uttered @Cutlery. Dddd, I'm totally dragging them.

[​IMG]
    TABOO (6,5) managed to be a bit more eloquent in his words about Sora, "There is a very light and breezy atmosphere showcased. 空 is brimming with positivity. In saying that, it does feel very much like an extra." I appreciate the little bit of shade you thrown right there, hun, also I do like that you've decided to use the kanji titles for your commentary as I was lazy enough not to correct them in my document full of commentary so I have to double check yours everytime I'm doing a write-up so I'm sure I don't miss yours. Thanks, it's invigorating. We arriving at the end of this enthralling, I'm sure, reveal with @otenkiame who did what I probably love the most about this shindig apart from amicable dragging and shade - the discoveries! "I don't know why I never gave this song a chance. It has this really light-hearted summer vibe to it that works so much in its favor. I dunno. I just ended up completely digging what this light song offered." And I'm digging that you're digging this! I do feel very happy when you guys like Kumi's songs and discover some that you weren't aware of.

Absolutely the best live perfomance of this was for the -Yukihiro Fukutomi Remix- at the Dirty Ballroom One Night Show, which is a little very underappreciated live that was tucked on the CD+2DVDs edition of TRICK. No footage is online though I fear. So let's watch Kumi performing the original on HEY!HEY!HEY! MUSIC CHAMP instead.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  4. Why am I suddenly fine with Sora leaving?

EachSmallStep, otenkiame and evilsin like this.
  5. [​IMG]

6. Because you gave it a 6 and a half, hun.
    I've... never connected the dots! Or rather never read you nickname not in full.

7. [​IMG]

8. Ddd I only noticed the connection to the song just now myself. In retrospect I should have given it a 10.

9. Dang it, it would've been so good!

EachSmallStep and otenkiame like this.
  10. I don't even remember this song ;;;;; idk if it's just that boring or if my memory is just that bad. But well, I gave it a 4? So I'm not sad about it going. Next!

11. Looks like I was trying to enrich the elimination with my robust commentary for nothing.

EachSmallStep, yuuurei, vague and 3 others like this.
  12. Why am I swaying about to this live version in my room though? The bit where the audience starts clapping during the stripped back chorus with the glitter falling down is low-key a moment although I still probably wouldn't give it more than my original 6.5 honestly.

13. That's the power of Queen Of Live!

14. I really hate those cute songs. The only ones I can handle are Koi no tsubomi & Love Technique.

evilsin and otenkiame like this.
  15. @Sora

[​IMG]

evilsin, yuuurei, vague and 2 others like this.
  16. Poor Sora. I can’t believe there’s a certain track still in the running.

evilsin, soratami and Eskiath like this.
  17. [​IMG] ?

mi|kshake, evilsin, otenkiame and 3 others like this.
  18. That one's iconic though.

19. In a way...

20. I mean, I won't say it's not a mess, but it's an iconic mess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.