Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Introduction for Kingdom

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • INTRODUCTION FOR TRICK

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
Hope you had a lovely Monday
VZiVuT6.gif

This is your final reminder. You have approximately 34 hours to cast your vote.
The voting ends May 2nd, 11AM Moscow Time.

@Sanctuary
@Monkey0
@Remorque
@Sprockrooster
@odyism

Last edited:
she/her
My fickle ass gave the playlist another listen last night and I changed just a few of my scores a tiny bit, so most of my averages are a smidge different now:
Best ~second session~: 5.00
Black Cherry: 6.00
Kingdom: 7.28
TRICK: 7.78
extras: 5.68
I didn't change any of my lowest scores though lol
mcuoSDK.gif

Hope you had a lovely Monday
VZiVuT6.gif

This is your final reminder. You have approximately 34 hours to cast your vote.
The voting ends May 2nd, 11AM Moscow Time.

@Jawshxx
@ohnostalgia
@ThisIsRogue
@digitalkaiser
@Island

Really sorry precious, with my job quit and currently ongoing rate I really don't have the time/capacity for this atm. Trying not to bite more than I can chew. Phew, Life comes at you fast!
p68Vh0b.gif

I will be reading along and liking of course~!

18tmcjl.gif

Coming after the turbulent time of Kingdom's release and controversy, TRICK had a bit of something to prove. Mostly that Kumi still has some tricks up her sleeve I'm sorry and that she isn't going to let the happenings of the past quench her thirst for music. Despite the public's lowered interest in Kumi, the album managed to peak at #1 on the Oricon charts and stay there for another week. Moreover the singles for TRICK were all successful with two of them going #1. In the end the album did push close to 400,000 copies sold.

Looking at this piece of work one can't help but notice that it is pretty much a sister to Kingdom. All of the aforementioned features are present and you can simply go down the list checking everything a Koda Kumi album should have. Once again Kumi's chameleon skills shine through as she masterfully glides from one genre to another. It feels a little bit as if Secret and Black Cherry were her effective, but novice skills and Kingdom and TRICK were the more MP demanding, but flashier and more powerful ones that were unlocked after she earned some EXP points. RPG analogy aside, the album is, as it's predecessor, a lot of fun.

Funnily enough, for some unknown reason several tracks on the album are officially listed as co-produced by Kumi, although we know for a fact that those were demos by the western producers. Was avex trying to show that she's the most passionate and involved she ever was this time around? We'll never know.

Aesthetically everything is top-notch. The booklet for the album remains a sight to behold as Kumi dons the guises of both a magician and a magician's assistant, or so I interpret the looks myself, and mostly purplish color scheme is seriously to my liking to this very day. The music videos, lacking in quantity this time, were able to divide the budget evenly, which led to a very nice and pleasant visual representation of the album.​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7462

Woops! I meant to send this last week and I made a start but had to stop mid way through. I was gonna do it today but completely forgot so I've just rushed through the last bits.