The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: WE'RE DONE, for now | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: WE'RE DONE, for now

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by evilsin, Mar 20, 2018.

?

So what's with all those introductions?

1. Introduction to the second session

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. INTRODUCTION

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Introduction for Kingdom

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. INTRODUCTION FOR TRICK

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. Best ~Second Session~ 8.07
    Black Cherry 7.25
    Kingdom 8.14
    Trick 7.75
    Extras 7.13

I think this is my first rate here in which every section gets a 10
    [​IMG]

2. It's really late and I'm finishing my scores instead of sleeping. You're welcome @evilsin

3. I'm rushing through mine this afternoon. Only 3 or so more hours. Much prefer the songs in this section to the first one.

vague and evilsin like this.
  4. I'm looking at y'alls averages and it looks like I might be a higher scorer here. I'm finding a lot of the songs in this part of her discography are above average, deserving between 7 & 9 scores. Not the slog that the first part was.

There aren't a lot of stand out highs or lows either though.

5. If you can literally hold off one more day I can get these done, I was at work all night and couldn't finish.

evilsin likes this.
  6. Oh so now that I’ve amended a few scores, my averages are actually pretty close knit. Every album has high points and low points (with plenty of 7-to-8s somewhere in the middle) so I guess that makes sense:

Best ~Second Session~ - 7.5
    Black Cherry - 7.88
    Kingdom - 8.29
    Trick - 7.86
    Extras - 7.5

7. Oh my god you guys, the amount of PMs with the scores and support for this rate over night is overwhelming. Thank you so much.

I've just woken up so I might be able to make the first reveals in like 2 hours. Should we wait for @aaronhansome though? Remember Part I?

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  8. I was wondering where you've been, hun. So so so glad you've made it!
    I'm actually impressed! Sorry for doubting you, it was all in jest due to your... stern opinions in the Namie Rate.
    Thank you, hun! Who needs sleep anyway? I do.
    Awww, I love you for this, but let's not go dragging Part I, when we'll have an opportunity in Part III or is it already Part IV? ddd

mi|kshake, RUNAWAY, Cutlery and 2 others like this.
  9. Okay, looks like a couple of people (@Remorque, @aaronhansome) are still working on their ballot with other people (hey @EachSmallStep) sending theirs just this moment, so I believe in a good spirit of our sisterhood we should allow them to finish.

Now, the tricky part is to decide the final deadline. I assume @aaronhansome is fast asleep at the moment and not typing away his commentary for the rate, so that pushes us to tomorrow, but tomorrow I have work and I will be able to do the reveals properly only in the evening...

Which brings us to the new and final final !final! deadline of
    May 3rd, 10PM Moscow time
    May 3rd, 8PM BST
    May 3rd, 2PM EDT
    May 3rd, 12PM PDT
    May 4th, 4AM JST

Sprockrooster, TABOO, vague and 13 others like this.
  10. Yas at all these time zones being listed, while other hosts always have me using a time zone converter. Talent.

11. It's time to go the extra mile and surpass to the next level.

12. GOD I hope so, all of you better get those damn scores in now! No excuses! Tell your boss you've got more important things to do!
    [​IMG]

13. THEY ARE IN.

14. Oh look, looks like everyone who we were waiting on managed to submit! I'm so happy you guys made it. Which means that I'm going to start the reveals as planned tonight. Still, please feel free to send in the commentary or any adjustments to the scores if you need any until the deadline.

15. Here to see A Whole New World get what she deserves
    [​IMG]

16. Looking forward to being served a Milk Tea by Candle Light this evening!

vague, EachSmallStep, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  17. By the way, if any of you are willing to do a guest elimination, PM me a list of songs you would like to eliminate.

vague, EachSmallStep and soratami like this.
  18. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Okay so since this is the only active Kumi thread, I need to ask this: WHAT IS THIS? I bought it the other day on ebay and I had no idea this even existed. The case I mean. Does anyone know the story behind this? @evilsin? @send photo?
    [​IMG]

19. He won't be of help when it comes to Kumi, hah.

We have a nice Kumi thread, what are you talking about? It's the 12 singles' back covers together from the "12 singles in 12 weeks" project. There is also another image that consists of the sides of the CD cases:
    [​IMG]

otenkiame, vague, mi|kshake and 4 others like this.
  20. Their the image you get when you join the backs of the 12 singles collection together.
    Another image can also be made from joining the obi strips:

https://jpopcdcovers.wordpress.com/2009/01/10/kumi-koda-倖田來未-12-singles-collection/

EDIT

Didn't see @evilsin reply!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.