The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: WE'RE DONE, for now | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: WE'RE DONE, for now

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by evilsin, Mar 20, 2018.

?

So what's with all those introductions?

1. Introduction to the second session

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. INTRODUCTION

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Introduction for Kingdom

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. INTRODUCTION FOR TRICK

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. I can't even remember what it sounds like .

This makes it sounds good and the opposite of what I imagine the song being like. If I listened to Puppy right now I think I would be disappointed.

2. Surprised I didn't leave commentary for this as it was one of my lowest scores but it's basically Gaga's Manicure if reimagined as a Doggie Day Spa radio jingle that seemingly never stops looping.

Me reading that description back:
    [​IMG]

Me when actually listening to the song again:
    [​IMG]

3. Okay listen, I'm sorry, but even if she says it's from her dogs' point of view, those lyrics are quite obviously meant to be a double entendre and it's still fuckin' creepy. I don't regret my 0 at all. I think people should probably just stop writing songs referring to dogs either literally or figuratively because it never turns out well.

vague, evilsin and otenkiame like this.
  4. Ddd the gag is this was on the higher end of my BC scores, good riddance I suppose!
    I hope it does well, but I-guess-we'll-see.gif

5. Yay! The discussion gives me life! Any guesses what song tied with Puppy and goes tonight?

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    EachSmallStep, vague and otenkiame like this.
  6. I hope it's Candle Light, she needs to go!

vague, RUNAWAY, Squashua and 2 others like this.
  7. ^ Yes Candle Light is insufferable
    I'd also like it to be Yume no Uta or Futari de

otenkiame and evilsin like this.
  8. Shouldn't have asked. Hope that candle light burns your cheeks.

9. Kinky
    Here for it
    [​IMG]

10. Hmmm...if I had to guess based on what I don't like...I'd say good riddance to "Joyful" next.

EachSmallStep, mi|kshake and evilsin like this.
  11. I think I have Futari de... & Bling Bling Bling as my lowest left so either of those can vacate soonish (although i'm still expecting all my 10s to end up departing instead).

12. Next step - some hot wax dripping all over your poor taste bodies.

13. Bling Bling Bling was one of my fav cutesy songs but I doubt it's getting too far

EachSmallStep, otenkiame and evilsin like this.
  14. [​IMG]
    No, seriously, whut?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  15. Ddd well I meant regarding her "cutesy" vocals

otenkiame and evilsin like this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. You guys are mean.

[​IMG]
    (TIE)
    Candle Light

Average: 6,28
    Highest score: 10x1 (@Eskiath) 9x1 (@Remorque) 8x3 (@yuuurei, @aaronhansome, @me!)
    Lowest score: 3x2 (@Weslicious, @TABOO)
    My score: lookie above

NOT KYANDORU RAITO! Will Black Cherry catch a break or what? Produced by Kuzuya Yoko (you, Tsuki to Taiyou, Kimi Omoi) and written by Kumi, the piano driven ballad is often regarded as a filler track, as we can see with your voting as well, still I believe it does what it tries to perfectly. Kumi sounds beautifully raw yet in control which creates heartfelt atmosphere when the emotions burst through the control in the second half of a song. The melodies in the chorus and in the middle 8 are so nice that this song would come up in my mind from time to time ever since the release. My main complaint about this is the placement on the album. I wonder who was the genius who decided it was a good idea to plaster this perfect closer between JUICY and Cherry Girl. WILD. The lyrics, as you might guess, are about a lost love and regrets Kumi is having after:

I treasured it too much, yeah

and when I wrapped it up carefully
    I lost sight of the true meaning
    Our time together has ended, but
    I treasure it

I want to be connected to you
    like holding each other's hands
    Even if I close my eyes
    I only see you

For that girl you'll be protecting
    from now on
    together, after this,
    light
    your candle light
    (c) @otenkiame

Let's start with the bottoms. @Weslicious was fuming, "Completely pointless, and between JUICY and Cherry Girl… OK." Sitcho ass down and ask @Cutlery for points. @TABOO would like to taboo this one out of the rate, "I just don’t understand who let her put this song a) on the album, and b) between two bussy-bopping anthems! Her delivery is a little grating. I haven’t found much to like about this one." You right, this should have been a hit single instead of Yume no Uta!

People who disliked it less had all kinds of questions. Like @vague (5), who was wondering about the placement as well, "i doubt i'd enjoy this no matter where it ended up on the tracklisting, but following JUICY on the album is a choice." I don't have a comeback for that, because it's true. @Squashua (5,5) was a little less critical, "Gets a full point for that lovely note around the 2:10 mark but the majority of the vocals are bordering on a strain and painfully exposed considering the arrangement is very simple." I don't know, all I hear is EMOTION! @RUNAWAY (6) will get it someday, "this was just so boring. Sorry." At least you gave it a 6. @yuuurei (8) shared my sentiment, "Heart-wrenching vocals here, it's a very simple but effective song." @otenkiame (7,5) didn't know that people couldn't contain themselves when there are in pain, "A simple piano ballad. Kuu sounds so pretty in the verses, and she emotes the pain she feels so well. She goes a little overboard during the choruses, but I can forgive." Learn to feel!

We end with @Remorque who ambiguously catching feelings, "I'm usually not one for sappy ballads, but I'm getting feels as we speak, seaux..." Oh, hun, for me? Awww, thank you.

When it comes to live performances, we got one during Black Cherry Tour.

18. Filler? What? This is one of her most beautiful and unique ballads. Her restrained vocals combined with the soft piano make it sound so emotional and delicate. I also like it's placement on the album; it's a nice respite between two upbeat songs.

19. I found Candle Light's placement weird as well myself, but it's a lovely sad ballad. It doesn't deserve to be tied with Puppy of all songs. I'm not surprised it didn't do well though since y'all fear emotions or something??? Not everything has to be booties jumping like toads, you know! You can let yourselves feel things sometimes! It's okay!
    Really minor, but I did in fact give it an 8 like you said in the highest scores list bb.

EachSmallStep, vague and evilsin like this.
  20. Wait, yeah, you've sent the revised scores and the average is correct, it's just that I copied the commentary with the scores without correcting them into the document. Sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.