The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: WE'RE DONE, for now | Page 30 | The Popjustice Forum

The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: WE'RE DONE, for now

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by evilsin, Mar 20, 2018.

?

So what's with all those introductions?

1. Introduction to the second session

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. INTRODUCTION

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Introduction for Kingdom

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. INTRODUCTION FOR TRICK

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. Most people?

vague and Osiris like this.
  2. [​IMG]

vague and evilsin like this.
  3. Don't lie, hun, you're having the time of you life.

The next reveal is coming.

4. Bye, More is one of her most underrated songs.

evilsin likes this.
  5. It's +25C outside, so it looks like a perfect day to eliminate this one.

[​IMG]

Winter Bell

Average: 7,35
    Highest score: 10x2 (@RUNAWAY, @me!) 9x3 (@otenkiame, @Squashua, @EachSmallStep)
    Lowest score: 4x1 (@yuuurei, sigh) 4,5x1 (@Osiris, sigh)
    My score: lookie above

And thus we lose another extra, this time it's none other than a b-side to stay with me, Winter Bell. Produced by the frequent LISA collaborator Yamaki Ryuichiro (Namie's Can You Feel This Love, Tohoshinki's Choosey Lover) and written by Kumi, the track is a season themed duh ditty about one of most loved holidays by the Japanese - Christmas. Bells and chimes aside, we find a pretty catchy R'n'B-sque number that I adore to no end. This is immensely enjoyable and a total mood enhancer to me, not to mention that despite not being a festive person, this always gets me into that celebratory space of mind, ugh, just a perfect soundtrack for decorating a fir tree! I love the way she sings the tururu tururu part in the chorus! The lyrics are actually pretty cute and not that overburdened with Christmas references:

Love isn't just joy all the time

I know one thing:
    Since the moment I fell for you, anxiety and happiness started
    Don't lose to your hesitation

Our hearts cross over the rainbow
    Tururu...and start to whistle
    The season for lovers has come
    More and more,
    let's draw close and kiss

Listen closely, and you can hear them
    Tururu...the bells echo
    The season for lovers has come
    I'm sure, I'm sure
    it's a day of lovely magic
    (c) @otenkiame

When it come to things sweet, cute and Christmas-y, @Cutlery (6) isn't really here for it, "Overly sweet for my bitter gay ass, plus I'm not really a fan of Christmas songs so..." Yeah, I bet your ass is literally bitter... @TABOO (7) shares my thoughts on the upliftinf abilities of the song and dreams big, "Christmas feels as if it has come early when I listen to the joyous Winter Bell. A festive little number, which gives me confidence that we’ll get that Kuu-Mariah collaboration one day." You never know in this mad mad mad world. @Weslicious (8) is trying it again and he won't Ru-pologize for it! I love him for it, "Merry Kuu-ristmas!" Baby, is it kold outside? @vague (8) enjoys a ride into unknown, "dddd was expecting a ballad with that title, but this is quite the bop. ik i missed the first part of the rate, but i definitely need to dig into her other material beyond the singles eventually 'cause Kuu really does have some solid ass b-sides." You definitely should and I'm so glad you make discoveries of your liking in this part.

Appreciating a change in direction is @otenkiame, "What? Kuu doing a winter/Christmas song and it not being about heartbreak!? Why, yes, and, on top of that, it's a killer pop bop. So much happiness and cheer to bring in the winter holidays. Oh, and it's arguably better than "stay with me"." It's kinda hard to compare the too, considering they are so different, but in the terms of a single, yeah, I agree. @Squashua just lays it all out like it is without skipping a beat, "I believe this is a Christmas song and usually they flop in discography rates but this is a proper bop, despite feeling weirdly summery and almost "resort lounge / rollerskate down the boardwalk" in tone." As you can see, hun, it did pretty good for what it is. @EachSmallStep definitely wants more, "I’ve become a sucker for twinkly winter songs. There’s a very light, bright tone here I love from her that should be used more!" This one just so happy without trying tew much, yes!

We'll wind the things down with @RUNAWAY this time, "in my notes I had this as a 90’s Christina Aguilera/Billie Piper/Robyn album track, which is always a good thing! It’s so fucking good!!" Welp, that's official, this is one hell of a track, you guys.

God bless Kumi for performing this on TRICK Tour.

6. You should've voted, so it placed higher.

EachSmallStep and Coming Century like this.
  7. I’m honestly wondering why I didn’t give Winter Bell a 10. It’s got five stars and a heart on my iTunes. What was I on that day?

EachSmallStep, vague and evilsin like this.
  8. I’m dropping high scores faster & at a greater volume than Kumi seemingly does with singles. Poor Winter Bell, y’all are the Grinch.

@evilsin: <3 you’re_doing_amazing_sweetie.gif

9. I'll definitely vote in the next part, her most underrated album is there. (I guess you're waiting for DNA to drop before starting?)

EachSmallStep, otenkiame and evilsin like this.
  10. Alcohol? Drugs? Bad mood?
    Thanksies!
    YAY! Actually, considering the amount of material this girl has, we're looking at 4-parter of the rate, as the Part III will probably have songs starting with UNIVERSE and ending with Bon Voyage.

11. Will the Universe-Bon Voyage part have the cover albums in too?

And I'm assuming the last part is WOML-DNA.

EachSmallStep, evilsin and otenkiame like this.
  12. I'm thinking of only featuring the highlights from the cover albums and yes, Part IV would be from WALK OF MY LIFE to however more albums she'll release until it starts, huh!

13. good riddance to Christmas!

otenkiame and evilsin like this.
  14. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Winter Bell deserved top 20. There, I said it. It’s fucking brilliant and y’all suck.

15. I'm happy with those results so far!

otenkiame and evilsin like this.
  16. Christmas cancelled!
    YES.
    We're not.

17. As long as those highlights include Shake Hip!

18. You betcha!

otenkiame likes this.
  19. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Pink Spider and Be My Baby too?

20. YES! I would probably include all of the promotional songs that got PVs and a couple of personal favorites from both.

EachSmallStep and otenkiame like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.