The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: WE'RE DONE, for now | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

The Koda Kumi Rate PART II: WE'RE DONE, for now

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by evilsin, Mar 20, 2018.

?

So what's with all those introductions?

1. Introduction to the second session

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. INTRODUCTION

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Introduction for Kingdom

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. INTRODUCTION FOR TRICK

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. I don't understand the hate for Bon Voyage. It's way stronger than Déjà Vu and she finally ditched the cute songs.

mi|kshake, otenkiame and evilsin like this.
  2. I would agree, but overall I believe I prefer Deja Vu. We'll see about my scores when the time comes though.

otenkiame likes this.
  3. The first half of Deja vu is near immaculate, then that interlude comes and the album just falls apart. Bon Voyage does have some lows for me, but nothing too horrendous.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    mi|kshake and evilsin like this.
  4. Lastly for this part I would like to thank you all for taking part in this and being so nice and understanding along my arduous and lengthy road. I've said it multiple times already, but this period of Kumi is my favorite and y'all can see it in the averages for all of the albums, dddd. I can't express how grateful I am that you took time and listened and commented on her music. I know you've enjoyed some of the songs quite a lot and hopefully you'll be taking some of those for your rotation outside of the rate. I can only hope that most of you return for the next installment as it would be a far more interesting undertaking considering that this is when Kumi's approach to albums started to shift a little. Looking at the songs we'll be having a very Kuu appropriate 69 songs without the cover songs or 77 with 4 songs from each cover album. So far I'm thinking of taking the following:
    1. Ienai yo
    2. 0-ji Mae no Tsunderella
    3. Megumi no Hito
    4. BE MY BABY
    1. Pink Spider
    2. Shake Hip!
    3. Lovely
    4. Jounetsu
    Meaning that I'm including those that were used for promo and the ones I find to my liking the most. Aside from a couple of single I also don't see a clear winner in Part III. Yes, one particular song seems like a a bit of a frontrunner, akin to TABOO or BUT of this part, still I'm very curious to see how other songs will measure up and I hope that we'll have a more unexpected winner.

soratami, vague, mi|kshake and 3 others like this.
  5. Hi, hello, how are ya, fellow Kuuters, Kuuchies and Kuueens?

[​IMG]
    August 19th

I've also went through the first two parts of the rate and tried to fix the artwork, if you want to revisit those.

6. Will Part III feature Universe, Eternity -Love & Songs-, Déjà Vu, Japonesque and Color The Cover?

evilsin likes this.
  7. It's "UNIVERSE", "Dejavu", "JAPONESQUE", "Bon Voyage" and 8 tracks from 2 cover albums:

1. Ienai yo
    2. 0-ji Mae no Tsunderella
    3. Megumi no Hito
    4. BE MY BABY
    1. Pink Spider
    2. Shake Hip!
    3. Lovely
    4. Jounetsu

vague, soratami and Osiris like this.
  8. [​IMG]
    The thread is now open.​

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.