The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available) | Page 110 | The Popjustice Forum

The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Subwaykid, Nov 4, 2019.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

can you leave and can you go a little faster?!

x

2. Artpop having six times as many tracks as Joanne at this point... hm

3. She barely even wrote Perfect Illusion, it can leave posthaste. John Wayne and Dancin’ In Circles deserved more, they’re so good.

4. "Dancing in Circles" is the best Gaga song since 2013. Way way too soon for it.

Maki likes this.
  5. R27

R27

Joanne definitely wasn't the album in need of a mini-cull at this point.

6. RJF

RJF

I honestly give up. Y’all want garbage from Gagger and she seems happy to oblige.

7. These next few are honestly....

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    evilsin, myblood, Mr Blonde and 18 others like this.
  8. 25.

[​IMG]
    Venus

average 8.41
    Highest: 11 x 1 (@Alenko) 10 x 34(!!) (@Phonetics Boy @yeRleDanaL @Joe. @elektroxx @Dijah. @DJHazey @madgemad @MrMannacroix @roborovsky @tylerc904 @abael @Ana Raquel @gagapourgaga @Stradiwhovius @Lila @soratami @VitaminBee @BEST FICTION @m_dimitrov @MilesAngel @aaronhansome @Sail On @Untouchable Ace @CasuallyCrazed @Sleepycat @Aidan @Itty Bitty Piggy @Remorque @Laurence @Petty Mayonnaise @Music Is Life @Mirwais Ahmadzaï @eliminathan @askew)

Lowest: 3 x 1 (@Robert)

Absolutely bonkers, brash, irreverent, and topped off with one of her best choruses. This was everything we had come to expect from Gaga wrapped up in a wild, if messy, package. One of the early fan favorites from ARTPOP, originally released as a promo track, Gaga had pushed for the record label to make it the official second single. Long story short, that didn't happen, Do What U Want got the treatment instead (more on that later) and Gaga painted herself in white powder and walked around the UK barefoot chanting "justice for Venus!" We've come a long way, huh? Remember Marina Abramovic? Scream. Anyway, this still got a slew of promotional spots and was one of my personal highlight of the era, gifting us that Venus wig and those wonderfully done single covers. On the flip side, it kicked off a slew of issues, least of which was the seashell bikini falling apart during the X Factor performance. Ah, metaphors.

evilsin, myblood, Jwentz and 44 others like this.
  9. Rocket No. 9 take off to the planet.

[​IMG]

evilsin, Jonathan27, myblood and 27 others like this.
  10. RMK

RMK

Venus should've been out before the three preceding it.

Robert, Up N Down, Mushroom and 4 others like this.
  11. Awful and one of the worst in Chartdrop x

12. GUY beating Venus???? Worms.

EDIT: AND the R Kelly song????

13. I was obsessed with Venus when I first heard it. I kept imagining a Sailor Moon-inspired music video set on a different planet. It's such a weird song in all the best ways.

myblood, yeRleDanaL, Maki and 10 others like this.
  14. Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want, and Gypsy beating the last three is an irredeemable loss of taste.

Maki and Untouchable Ace like this.
  15. GUY over Venus? Insanity.

16. The Venus chorus and post chorus is so strong it deserves the 10 and does all of the heavy lifting for the song itself.

myblood, yeRleDanaL, sfmartin and 5 others like this.

17. A classic lost in the annals of time. Nina Bo'nina Black Lady Brown eat your heart out.

18. Venus - 10. This is in my Top 10. Just hook after hook. I love that she used 'The Birth Of Venus' by Botticelli as the jumping off point for a pop song. I'm always here for a mythology/planetary reference. The 'When you touch me I die...if this could be love' segment sounds like ABBA. It's way over the heads of the general public.

myblood, yeRleDanaL, Maki and 7 others like this.
  19. Beautiful talented brilliant and tasteful as it's named after the best sailor senshi to ever grace us.

myblood, Maki, Music Is Life and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.