The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available) | Page 150 | The Popjustice Forum

The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Subwaykid, Nov 4, 2019.

1. I'm one of Paparazzi's biggest fans so I gave it 10, but it's at number 10 on my list.

To be honest I absolutely despised the video to Alejandro, and it put me off the song so much I didn't listen to it for 3 months! Then it came on the radio one day and I fell for it head over heels again. For me it's steeped in melancholy but is exhilarating at the same time. I gave it 10 and it's number 4 on my list. If my 11 couldn't win, I wouldn't have minded if Alejandro had.

However my 11 did win. I know it's not groundbreaking to give my 11 to Bad Romance but I've adored it from the first time I heard it and haven't stopped. I love it not just because of the gorgeous melody and brilliant production, but the incredible lyrics that I can apply to my own past love life! I'm a huge Hitchcock fan so her referencing his films made me so excited and happy. Especially as Vertigo and Psycho are in my Top 10 films of all time. It's going to take a lot for GAGA, or anyone for that matter, to top this. It's one of the best songs of the Millennium and one my favourite songs ever.

madgemad, Music Is Life, Maki and 2 others like this.
  2. Thank you so much @Subwaykid for making this rate so interesting and fun. I cannot believe it's the first rate you've hosted, because you did it with so much skill and professionalism. Fantastic job!

3. @Subwaykid this has been hilarious and bloody batshit sometimes, but I've loved taking part and following.

'Paparazzi' got my 11 because it's the song that made me want to invest in Gaga as an artist. I don't think she'll ever better that chorus, in terms of melody.

'Bad Romance' is the rightful winner. It's her 'Like A Prayer'. Forever iconic and a pop monster.

4. Well, thanks for a really fun ride @Subwaykid! You're very brave for taking on Gaga for your first rate, and you did a wonderful job!

Thank God it's over though.

5. Haha! Blame my laptop for having the spellcheck disabled. Fixed it eventually.

This. If they haven't pointed it out, I would be sure that @Subwaykid already had experiences with rates. Truly a fantastic host.

Hoping that I'll be nearly as good as they are in the rate I'm currently hosting.

berserkboi, MilesAngel and Subwaykid like this.
  6. Thank you so much @Subwaykid for this incredible ride.. even if at times it made me want to riot, I still had a blast. You did an outstanding job! Bravo to you for all of the work and patience you've had in dealing with our foolishness! Cheers! xoxo

7. Sam

Sam

@Aidan can I have a word?

8. I’ve constantly said that I’ve always found Bad Romance to be incredibly overrated and that she has much better songs in her repertoire and there’s better songs than it on The Fame Monster alone. So this shouldn’t surprise you xo

berserkboi, Stradiwhovius and Verandi like this.
  9. Guy

Guy

To be clear, Bad Romance is obviously not a 7. It’s a more than deserving, albeit boring, winner. In rates, I tend to dock a few points off of what I think is the obvious winner. Not that it’s ever made a difference!

10. Mess.

11. [​IMG]

@Subwaykid thank you for such a cool rate! Your undisguised disdain for some of our choices has been iconic.

12. I was hoping at the end for a little shakeup... but we been knew, and Bad Romance is fucking stunning.
    Well done @Subwaykid epic rate.

13. RJF

RJF

Congratulations to @Subwaykid for actually managing to get through this rate once he saw the finalboard. Couldn't be me.

I'll be seeing the rest of you in court, and on the battlefield known as the LG6 thread.

Rem, Music Is Life, dirtypony and 7 others like this.
  14. This rate never recovered from Heavy Metal Lover leaving at fucking #11 teebs

[​IMG]

But we must commend @Subwaykid for going down with ha ship with gusto and great write-ups throughout

[​IMG]

15. An actual thing that happened.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.