The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available) | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Subwaykid, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Whew, here are my averages:
    The Fame: 9.22 (Highest: 7x10s, Lowest: 1x6.5)
    The Fame Monster: 9.625 (Highest: 1x11, 6x10s, Lowest: 1x6.75)
    Born This Way: 9.65 (Highest: 10x10s, Lowest: 1x8.5)
    ARTPOP: 9.68 (Highest: 9x10s, Lowest: 1x8.75)
    Joanne: 9.46 (Highest: 5x10s, Lowest: 2x8.5s)
    A Star Is Born: 9.23 (Highest: 4x10s, Lowest: 1x8)
    The Rest: 9.33 (Highest: 2x10s, Lowest: 1x8.5)

Oof so close to 100.

Maki, Phonetics Boy, sfmartin and 3 others like this.
  2. Let's get Manicure out first then.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  3. I scored specifically so this wouldn’t happen, sweets.

4. MANiCURE is a good song and nowhere near the bad stuff on Artpop

myblood, Sam, Phonetics Boy and 7 others like this.
  5. 99 voters is amazing. I don't think I'd ever taken part in a rate with that many, aside from the BPG ones.

myblood, Alenko, Robert and 11 others like this.
  6. 89.

[​IMG]

Music To My Eyes
    (average: 4.46)
    Highest Score: 10 x 1 (@PushyBakerFriend)
    Lowest Score: 0 x 3 (@Mirwais Ahmadza, happiestgirl, @Cundy)

Even a perfect score from Kiefer's missing votes wouldn't save this one. Uneventful and easily overshadowed by some of the other understated moments on this soundtrack. Y'all weren't really here for it either, barely receiving any votes above the 6 range, a ton of 3 orlower scores kept this towards the bottom throughout voting. There wasn't much to say about it either, which, I can't blame you.
    "So gross and cheesy from the first line. Even Gaga coming in before 1:42 couldn't save this" @daninternational sums up. @R27 calls it "Painfully inoffensive" and @jtm agrees "I was wondering if she was going to start singing at some point. A bit on the boring side". @Sprockrooster calls it "A drag". "
    I mean... Wutthafeckesthes is literally Bradley's voice put into words. These points are for Gaga's performance.@Remorque grants it a 4 anyway. @Phonetics Boy kicks off misandryJustice "Bradley's so damn corny." "I would appreciate it with a different male singer. I don’t think Bradley’s voice meshes well with Gaga’s." – @Petit nain des Îles says. Tell that to the two Oscar noms they got for the soundtrack, sweaty. Let's close out with @Laurence "This is just not it, bye."

myblood, evilsin, Alenko and 57 others like this.
  7. sis you know i like you but i won't tolerate this manicure slander!!!!!!!!!!

8. The right song left first.

9. ddd honestly if you had asked me when ARTPOP dropped, or a year or two after what I thought of Manicure, I would have told it was offensively shit. But returning it for this rate it is... not bad? The hooks and melodies are there, although the vocals/production/lyrics are a bit too cheesy. I wont be seeking it out anytime soon but it has aged more gracefully than the likes of Donatella or Mary Jane Holland are the truly disastrous Swine.

10. HOW is the second half of Joanne still in this

myblood, Alenko, tylerc904 and 41 others like this.
  11. Manicure is a stone cold bop and one of the few bright spots on Artpop.

Great first elimination.

myblood, Maki, sfmartin and 3 others like this.
  12. Music To My Eyes always starts off with me wanting to skip but if I can make it past that first part, their harmonies together are lovely.

myblood, Alenko, McQueer and 7 others like this.
  13. K94

K94

I actually scored A Star Is Born but forgot to send it

[​IMG]

14. Ddd I don’t see my name on the list of voters...

Maki and Untouchable Ace like this.
  15. Music to My Eyes is fucking atrocious.

And again...
    Wutthafeckesthes?

You shady whore ddddd.

16. Yeah I agree with this, parts of it are actually lovely. And as you'll all find out, turns out I really enjoy a lot of Gaga's acoustic and slow stuff.

That said, I have no real strong feelings about it leaving first.

Remorque and Maki like this.
  17. I don't even remember how the proper version of MANiCURE goes as I've been listening to mixes and edits since it premiered. But somewhere there is a good song.

Phonetics Boy likes this.
  18. Great numbers, and great start to the eliminations. Does having this many participants mean the results will be more predictable fair?

Maki likes this.
  19. I tanked this shit in the BPG rate and happy to tank it again. Absolutely abysmal, saccharine, lyrically horrible trash.

myblood, aux, Sam and 9 others like this.
  20. I just copy-pasted my A Star Is Born scores from the BPG rate and made some small adjustments because I could not be assed to listen to it again.

myblood, Sam, Slice of Life and 11 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.