The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available) | Page 83 | The Popjustice Forum

The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Subwaykid, Nov 4, 2019.

1. 51.

"I can see myself in the movies with my picture in city lights"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Fame
    average: 7.29
    Highest: 10 x 6 (@happiestgirl @AllGagaLike @GimmeWork @Music Is Life @aaronhansome @CasuallyCrazed)
    Lowest: 3 x 1 (@Stradiwhovius)

And her debut loses another one. This being cut before the literal brain worm pop songs from ASIB...I hate fags what they do makes me sick.

@Laurence starts off with praise for the title track "Title track which just works so well for everything she is. A moment." but @collxtion finds it underwhelming " I’m not mad at it, but it’s a bitsY underwhelming for a title track, you know? The bridge is a serve tho." "That middle 8 tho" @31entrance concurs, alongside @madgemad, who says " I love this song! The middle 8 is classic Madonna." "Even though this reminds me slightly of I Like The Way You Move, it is one of the strongest songs here @daninternational says and BOP! "Everything about this is so damn playful and charming, from the effortlessly catchy production to the character building lyrics. It encapsulates the spirit of her debut so well." notes @R27 and true. @RJF says "girl i hear sumn........ & it slaps! Sorry but eleven years on and this still knocks! That droning synth in the chorus that kicks things up a notch, that bass just licking away through the entire track, the silly lyrics. The Bowie inspiration is more blatant here than a lightning bolt on the face. Also, considering of y'all have been showing your holes for the fame since you were old enough to not land people on some kind of register, I'm sure you can relate." And eliminated on his birthday no less. I could've sworn that recurring guitar strumming actually sampled Bowie but maybe I'm thinking of something else?

@GimmeWork had no idea what we were in for in 2008 "I remember wanting this to be a single so bad that I almost wasn’t excited for her to move on, but then I heard Bad Romance and properly got my whole life." Whew remember that? @jtm calls it "Not very different from the song that preceeds it. I think I listened to this maybe twice back then" @Maki reveals their dentophobia a bit "One of the more forgettable songs here, but then the catchy chorus comes in and reminds me of it. Even though it has all the elements of a great song, it somehow misses something more. A bit underwhelming for a title track. The high-pitched sounds in the chorus remind me of dentists drill sounds and make me slightly uncomfortable. Oh, and middle-8 made me raise its score a bit, it's rather lovely." "Disco always puts me in a good mood so this will do, though I don’t return to it often." @Petit nain des Îles admits. And @Seventeen Days catwalks "God, I love the stomping feel of this track. Especially on the choruses. The Glam As You Remix is a fucking banger." @sfmartin calls it "So god damn catchy like everything else on this album." "Most songs on this album feel like cute skits which should be a 1 minute interlude stretched out far longer than they have any right to be. says @Stradiwhovius who is wrong but I'll allow it. @SyPOPhantic sums up "It's a fun pop song, what more can you ask for?" Quite.

I haven't seen that choreo in years mama the flashbacks

Jwentz, evilsin, myblood and 46 others like this.
  2. Wait Paper Gangsta is still in? Mess.

myblood, R27, Bangers&Bops and 3 others like this.
  3. Cute insignificant fluff. Never had the desire to listen to this and still don't.

4. Well if the debut is going to bleed tracks like this, might as well get rid of Boys 3x

Dijah., soratami and Phonetics Boy like this.
  5. Beautiful, Dirty, Rich got stuck inside my head the moment I scrolled down to see its elimination. Not every song has that.

6. Absolutely not.

7. I don't know how popular this opinion will be, but "Summerboy" can vacate immediately.

Verandi, GimmeWork, Alenko and 2 others like this.
  8. While I appreciated that you weren't happy with the eliminations of BDR and Starstruck, this statement is just wrong.
    [​IMG]

9. .

afjdslfnjlsadnjl;
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    stuaw likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The Fame is my first ‘that shouldn’t be out already’ - it’s a bop!!

11. Beautiful Dirty Rich and The Fame being kicked out before Heal Me and Hair Body Face is disgusting.

12. R27

R27

A mess. There are worse tracks left on the debut alone, not to mention the other albums.

daninternational likes this.
  13. What is DIS hunny?

Heal Me is a gorgeous accompaniment to The Cure. Hair Body Face is obviously trashy but it's such an earworm I can't help but love it. Sometimes a girl needs a basic bop, ya know?

Lapras likes this.
  14. My only issue with 'The Fame' is that the guitar is a bit harsh and ruins the melody.

15. Yeah Boys Boys Boys would've been a better elimination than the title track but Beautiful, Dirty, Rich is what I requested next from The Fame so it's a trade-off as I didn't think the title track would last much longer anyway. Heal Me and You and I still being alive is questionable at best.

Phonetics Boy likes this.
  16. Boys Boys Boys is miles better than The Fame. You and I was a single, so it's overrated. Everyone probably rated their state / radio version of it so its incredibly high (not).

Maki likes this.
  17. "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich" is classic Gaga, both lyrically and sonically. With a 7, it was my lowest remaining score from the album and I'm totally okay with it leaving. Like I've said, the chorus truly is the highlight, but the rest is weaker with all that talk-singing, which is probably why it didn't appeal to all of us. The lack of 10's was a bit unexpected (eslecially since it was a 'single'), I must note.
    Love the artwork you've made for it, @Subwaykid - really goes well with the kitch of it all (and yes at the details referencing the lyrics!)

I kind of sympathize with "The Fame" (album), because it's colorful, has all those quirks and is full of personality that even the 'weak' songs from it have an undeniable charm.
    Haha, nice one! In fact, my aunt is a dentist, so I'm very familiar with that sound (and that's why I actually don't have dentophobia).
    It's not surprising to see "The Fame" out - it's a really good title track thematically, but still lacks some punch, which is why I gave it a 7,5.
    I'm glad that so many recognised that superb middle-8; it really is lovely.

All that being said, I'm not too bothered by seeing them both leave. Can't say that these cuts are either underrated nor overrated, but there's worse than both of them still in.
    I'm going to assume that the voters thought that the singles were so superior to the album tracks (which mostly is true) and made a great score gap, hence the whittling down we're witnessing.
    No more eliminations from her debut, please!

And I completely agree with everyone who says that all these "The Fame" album tracks should've outlasted "Heal Me", "Hair Body Face" and even "The Cure", let alone some of the songs from other albums. How is their quirkiness not superior to the blandness of those "A Star Is Born" songs?

18. "Daddy, I'm so sorry, I'm so s-s-sorry, yeah"

'Beautiful, Dirty, Rich' is a simple but effective and perfect pop song. The chorus pops and it is silly in the best way possible and just so effortlessly catchy. Some of the girls remaining cannot for a second relate.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  19. "The Fame" is a stone-cold Gaga classic if you ask me. Worst elimination so far.

20. Well that was a suboptimal string of eliminations.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.