The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available) | Page 86 | The Popjustice Forum

The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Subwaykid, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) is a song that I LOVED when it first came out, but I don't care for it much anymore. I'm glad she moved on from that type of sound.

2. You didn't have to not include my commentary just because I showed some appreciation for The Veronicas @Subwaykid

I fear for the rest of my commentary.

Wasn't 'You & I' the first single elimination?

3. Okay, first of all TASTE. Second of all, You & I is still here.

4. I'm really not a "the gay remix is better" kind of gay but I LOVE the Pet Shop Boys remix. I probably use it more than the original lately.

Mr Blonde and Andrew like this.
  5. The 'Eh' video is such a trip watching it now.

myblood, GimmeWork, Mr Blonde and 4 others like this.
  6. Eh Eh is my lowest scoring Gaga song and it’s trash so au revoir awful song

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Rem, myblood, heavymetalGAGA and 14 others like this.
  8. Isn't that still here are you trying to speak it into existence? Hmmmm...

Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  9. I love that condom dress so much. Only Gags could pull it off.

'Eh Eh' is a nice throwback single, but I'm not crying over it leaving or anything.

GimmeWork likes this.
  10. Why the small @? Not a fan of my wordplay there?

Either way, 'Eh Eh' is cute and saccharin - it's not often played but it's a nice surprise when it does.

Maki likes this.
  11. I'm completely okay with "Fashion!" leaving now, since I gave it a 7, even though it wasn't expected at this point.
    I agree that the production is amazing and the song is quite a journey, but still think that it doesn't work that well as a whole. For example, the chorus sounds a bit off melodically and the verse-chorus transitions could've been much better. The middle-8 and onwards is excellent, though. And I love that "Marry the Night" reference.
    I'll check out the demo, maybe it's better than the final version.

Either way, "Fashion" (2009) is superior to all her other songs that have 'fashion' in their title.

Also, "Fashion of His Love" being the final 'fashion' song standing (and still being in) is questionable.

Edit: That "Fashion!" artwork is 10/10, brilliant and hilarious - bravo, @Subwaykid!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    stuaw, Subwaykid and Untouchable Ace like this.
  12. I wish I'd given Eh Eh the 10 it deserved.

I should have known you joyless husks would send it packing way before it deserved.

myblood, evilsin, Rem and 17 others like this.
  13. You & I needs to exit before the top 40. Haute garbage.

14. Aww... a really undeserving elimination.

"Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" has to be Gaga's most adorable song - like I've mentioned in the commentary, it's super carefree and light with incredibly cute vocals, delivery and lyrics. Really, what's not to like?

And while I complained about sone of Gaga's somgs being too saccharine, "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" just does it perfectly and I've always had a soft spot for it. My synesthesia keeps me seeing different shades of pink and nothing but pink while listenkng to the song (can @Phonetics Boy relate?), which kind of justifies the cuteness. It received a 9,75 from me and was this close to getting a 10, only because the ultimate highlights are slightly better than it.
    I can see how it can feel a bit weaker and less sufficient to voters when comparing it with the grand hits from her debut (which isn't the case with me), but it's definitely an outlier (not only on the album, but her career) and there is so much worse left here.
    Not the elimination I was hoping for at all and I'm a bit sad to see it leave.

Also, I have to laugh at the 'first single out' discussion; we had "Anything Goes", "Til It Happens to You" and "Million Reasons" all eliminated before "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" and almost no one pointed that out.
    Maybe that speaks for itself about those songs, hehe.

myblood, berserkboi, Laurence and 9 others like this.
  15. My Eh Eh commentary was missing, here it is:
    This is so sweet, I don't understand why loads of people hate it. It's a cute song.

So there's that. I shouldn't be out first of the singles.

soratami, Maki and Untouchable Ace like this.
  16. @Subwaykid could we get a recap of what’s still left? Need to know which dirge is left to complain about.

17. Exactly. It never fails to put a smile on my face and I can't imagine anyone actively disliking it.

And why are all these "The Fame" songs leaving before "Heal Me" and "Hair Body Face"? Tragic.

18. Hair Body Face is incredible, what is wrong with y'all

19. Who is keeping ‘Fashion Of His Love’ in?

Dijah., Maki, soratami and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.