The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available) | Page 90 | The Popjustice Forum

The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Subwaykid, Nov 4, 2019.

1. 'Paper Gangsta' is a 10. I'm disgusted.

*Even though I didn't give it a 10.

2. I’m so proud of my baby ‘I Like It Rough’! Watch it to be literally the next one eliminated.

3. Oop! I meant that Twitter reference as some people hear the intro as Run run with her twitter

Cutlery and Maki like this.
  4. Even the Race Chaser soundboard can’t save Hair Body Face. Y’all are a mess.

5. Very out of pocket.

6. Donatella - 7.5. I like the production but the lyrics are off-putting as I don't really care.

Starstruck - 7.5. I love the synths throughout the song but never like raps in songs that aren't Eurodance classics from the early 90's.

Black Jesus Amen Fashion - 7. I find it too repetitive and derivative of 80's Madonna but not as good.

Million Reasons - 6.5. She must say the title of the song a million times. Just okay.

Angel Down - 5.5. Great sentiment but a bit like a dirge.

Fashion! - 7. Love the piano and some production but every time Will.I.Am says 'Slay' I want to scream.

Untouchable Ace and Ugly Beauty like this.
  7. These eliminations are horrible and y'all are a fucking messs. My 6.75 is standing out in a sea of mostly 9s and 10s left.

Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  8. Same

9. Paper Gangsta is a crime.

A-Yo, I can live with that. It grows live.

10. Sometimes I feel like Applause is the quintessential Gaga song.

11. Rant part 2/3 (culmination):

I literally was in shock after seeing "Paper Gangsta" elimination... still can't process how that happened.
    Before top 40? Just... how?
    It constantly swaps with "Paparazzi" as my favorite song from "The Fame" and was one of the contenders for my 11. Probably in my top 3 of her deep cuts, too. I deliberately didn't comment on the song, since I had a lot to say about it and in no way saw it leaving so early. Let's do it now, then:

What a song. That fantastic piano riff sets the song apart in the first few seconds. The hard beat comes in and sets the tone immediately. Gaga's intentionally awkward and auto-tuned rap (with some brilliant lines) is such a genius way of representing the manipulation, considering the song's inspiration and theme. And then comes the crowning glory: that pre-chorus and chorus combo is just too good to be true. As many of you pointed out, the pre-chorus is one of the best moments of the entire album. The chorus melody is so infectious and insanely catchy, yet manages to have that dose of melancholy which is present throughout the song. You could literally play that chorus on loop for hours and I wouldn't get bored of it. Simple, yet so freaking effective. The use of vocals as synths, as well as the ones which are reminiscent of the big hits from "The Fame", make it one of RedOne's best productions. I must point out the lyrics, too, which are amazing. With lines ranging from her signature and witty play on words 'sometimes I felt so Def in the Jam' to downright brilliant 'the dinners were nice 'til your diamond words melted into some ice' , it really shows how genius the song is and that Gaga wasn't playing with this one. The middle-8 with those vocals (which kind of sounds as distorted 'hallelujah' chants to me) is another amazing moment worth mentioning.
    All that packed as a kiss-off to her label. A modern day masterpiece.

Also, this:
    Talent only.

Truly one of the best things she's ever done, a missed single opportunity (still, it was used in the "Telephone" music video, not every song has that) and such a damn tune, yet you decided it isn't even top half of Lady Gaga's discography. I've always seen it as a fan-favorite and it really is puzzling to see a lot of weaker songs outlast it. It's a pity it didn't get a proper spotlight for its elimination, too, but I can understand the timing.

At least these voters had enough taste to recognize this ultimate gem and thank you so much for that:
    Don't want no paper gangsta, oh-oh
    Don't want no paper gangsta, oh-oh!
    [​IMG]

myblood, Robert, Alenko and 9 others like this.
  12. Paper Gangsta is good but not that good ddd.

myblood, Lila, GimmeWork and 4 others like this.
  13. This is the elimination I'm really not looking forward to. It is just SO good. It also might be an unpopular opinion but the music video is great too.
    [​IMG]

And the same can be said for Applause. Both songs are such rushes of energy and I hope they last much longer than I expect them to.
    [​IMG]

14. It seems to be a fan favorite but Diamond Heart is a) her weakest album opener and b) produced in a way that feels demo-like. I like it but it should be out by now.

Verandi, Sleepycat and collxtion like this.
  15. Perfect Illusion deserves top 10 it is that good.
    Applause does not. It is good but not lead single material and should sit in the top 20.

stuaw, Maki, SyPOPhantic and 2 others like this.
  16. It's grown on me more over the last few years, in terms of style and performance it's definitely up there.

Maki likes this.
  17. I Want Your Love - 8. This is a great cover. But the original is my Chic 11 and one of my favourite songs.

Bad Kids - 8.5. As an insecure self-deprecating person who likes to call myself names this speaks to me. Love the way she sings the verses.

Beautiful Dirty Rich - 8.5. A bit repetitive but at least it's short. I like the piano chords and guitar. Probably give it an 8 now.

Eh-Eh - 8.5. Melancholic electro-Reggae similar to Ace Of Base. Love the lyric 'I wish you'd never looked at me that way.' But chorus could be better.

18. She might have the flu but eliminations coming today! Sorry for the delay again

myblood, evilsin, Lila and 27 others like this.
  19. Highway Unicorn - 8. I do love the production but the lyrics aren't the greatest. The best part is the outro.

Paper Gangsta - 8.5. Great piano and synths throughout. Love the contrast between the rap-like verses and fully sung chorus.

A-Yo - 8. I'm not into smoking so don't love the lyrics. But it has a great rhythm which gets my feet tapping.

Can't wait for the next eliminations. Hope you feel better soon.

Maki and Subwaykid like this.
  20. Let's get into the top 40, eh?

myblood, evilsin, Lapras and 16 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.