The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available) | Page 93 | The Popjustice Forum

The Lady Gaga Rate (Haus Labs now available)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Subwaykid, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Fashion Of His Love - 7.5. Too 80's Madonna derivative but the chorus is good. It's not one I feel the need to revisit often. Also loses points for containing the word 'rad.'

Speechless - 6.5. Not really a fan of piano ballad GAGA. But her vocals are great and the chorus is good. Maybe it deserved a 7.

You And I - 7.5. I need to be in the right mood to listen to it and some of the lyrics grate. The production is alright but I wish Mutt would shut up. Would rather listen to 'Heart Of Gold' (Neil Young or Boney M).

blissteria and Untouchable Ace like this.
  2. Y’all already seemed overfamiliar with it judging by the commentary!

aaronhansome and Music Is Life like this.
  3. "Fashion Of His Love" always gave me 80's Whitney vibes rather than 80's Madonna.

4. 100% - It has "How Will I Know" energy for days.

Just lost so many 10s..dddd......The thing I love about ASIB starting with Heal Me/The Cure is that I imagine these are the sorts of songs we could have received for Joanne if Gaga was a trend-chaser/label pleaser (thank GAWD she's not!!!), proving she can make radio friendly bops like riding a bike and then delivering us (with her middle finger and a wink) that same trendy pop but with all the campy vapid cheese of Hair, Body, Face, and WDYDT?. Suddenly the Swine is me.

stuaw likes this.
  5. Many of my lowest scores remaining gone just like that! The only truly low score left for me is Shallow. Then I'd be looking at Do What U Want, Gypsy, Sexxx Dreams, Aura, Always Remember Us This Way, and Hair.

6. Very surprised Americano is still here. I have a very complicated relationship with the song but I'm glad for it

7. I can hear this.

Andrew.L likes this.
  8. Aura needs to get out now. It is an abomination.

9. And here’s the remaining tracks per album

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    myblood, evilsin, GimmeWork and 41 others like this.
  10. RJF

RJF

I can't wait until the ARTPOP songs start cannibalising stuff from the earlier albums and every sock puppet who gave them high scores purely because she was MEAN about the album on Twitter a few months ago begin to realise what they've done. Y'all have fucking worms in your brains. Who is listening to "G.U.Y." in 2020 and thinking it's a legitimately great Gaga song?

11. I Like It Rough - pop justice.

myblood, Alenko, Mr Blonde and 13 others like this.
  12. Okay, so there won't be a proper part 3 of the rant (but I'll highlight "A-Yo" later), because 4 out of 6 latest eliminations were my lowest scores and now I'm down to only one sub-7 score (it's a 6,75 and quite a random one).

However, "Boys Boys Boys" and especially "Speechless" really didn't deserve to not even reach top 40.

soratami and Untouchable Ace like this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

There is still far too much ARTPOP left christ. Summerboy and Shallow should be quivering too.

14. x

Music Is Life and Maki like this.
  15. "The Fame" and "Joanne" are being done so wrong. Both have less songs than "ARTPOP"?!

At least "Born This Way" lost all of its clunkers and "A Star Is Born" is left with the two best songs from it.

16. I’m Speechless.

Maki likes this.
  17. It's so interesting that there are people who seem to actually enjoy listening to Speechless.

AllGagaLike, Cutlery, Aester and 3 others like this.
  18. I guess my calls for the next 10. Bye to:
    Government Hooker, Always Remember Us This Way, Shallow, Hair, LoveGame, Dancing In Circles, Summerboy, Aura, Electric Chapel, Poker Face

In... roughly that order I guess.

19. Born This Way still having 11 tracks in.
    [​IMG]

myblood, evilsin, GimmeWork and 20 others like this.
  20. There are so many wrong choices in here I don't even know where to start.

myblood, Mr Blonde, stuaw and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.