The Lana Del Rey Discography Rate

This is gonna sound wrong but "Born to Die" title track is giving 'very good filler' vibes since "Summertime Sadness", "Dark Paradise" and "Blue Jeans" all do that same cinematic sound better. Always thought it was overrated but in no way I thought it would miss out on the top 10.

Dark Paradise allegedly being better than Born To Die................................................................................................

tumblr_inline_o7nhwzZZ8c1sjshpn_500.gif

I just realized I.........might have never watched the full Born To Die video. Like, I knew most of it but I don't remember watching these scenes in sequence?? just gifs??

Not calling a career defining song like Born To Die "good filler". @Maki sis....
ff I meant sonically, it sounds very similar to a lot of songs from that album but doesn't wow me nor is as memorable as some of them hence the 'filler' vibes I'm getting from it. When it comes to her imperial era, my mind always goes to "Summertime Sadness" and "Blue Jeans", I don't think I've even heard the title track until like 5 years ago.

Me not managing to post my commentary about "Off to the Races" before the next elimination came along:

"Off to the Races" is quite simply a fucking opera. In a way, it's almost... a rotating, scorching-hot ball that contains all of the Lana tropes she's known for in some condensed form, and they all shoot out from that viscous nucleus throughout her career. Her delivery is weird as hell in parts, the song is so ridiculously wordy, the influences are all there and easily identifiable and yet the end result is fundamentally unclassifiable, the bridge has no business being a literary masterpiece for no reason. The entire thing is a cinematic experience that sounds like a threat.

Me not managing to post my commentary about "Off to the Races" before the next elimination came along:

"Off to the Races" is quite simply a fucking opera. In a way, it's almost... a rotating, scorching-hot ball that contains all of the Lana tropes she's known for in some condensed form, and they all shoot out from that viscous nucleus throughout her career. Her delivery is weird as hell in parts, the song is so ridiculously wordy, the influences are all there and easily identifiable and yet the end result is fundamentally unclassifiable, the bridge has no business being a literary masterpiece for no reason. The entire thing is a cinematic experience that sounds like a threat.

I can't even explain it, but I've always felt she's inhabiting a sort of Dark Phoenix version of Holly Golightly. The character she becomes and the yarn she's spinning!

rdp

he/him
The other songs that breached the top 10 during the voting alongside Born To Die were Cinnamon Girl, Ocean Blvd & The Blackest Day. Off To The Races never really made it in (in large part due to @New Flame's curse), and neither did The greatest or NFR — Off To The Races actually finished in its highest position

Gonna take a small break before the top 10 I think but we'll back soon with album rankings too & etecetera

Last edited:
F

Fertilizer

The Ultraviolence representation feels so off. It’s my favorite of her albums but I never really think about those two songs.

Honestly a bulletproof top ten though I‘d have much preferred Born To Die take National Anthem’s spot. I honestly have no idea at all what will leave next but if I had to guess I’d probably go with Brooklyn Baby or Mariner’s Apartment Complex. And as much as I love them both they do seem out of their depth a bitsy.

I don’t know if this correlates with my scores ff but I’m hoping for something like:

1. Video Games
2. A&W
3. Venice Bitch
4. West Coast
5. Ride
6. White Dress
7. National Anthem
8. Chemtrails Over The Country Club
9. Mariners Apartment Complex
10. Brooklyn Baby

This rate had a ton of ups and downs throughout, but this top 10 is pretty much perfect. National Anthem and Chemtrails making it all the way here are great surprises! Rooting for everything left, really!