The Mariah Carey Discography Rate Pt.1 • 8 DAYS LEFT! ballots due by July 29th | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate Pt.1 • 8 DAYS LEFT! ballots due by July 29th

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by vague, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Yassss I’ve been waiting for this. Butterfly coming for that 8.5+ album average.

ysev, Slice of Life, Elysium and 4 others like this.
  2. I’m joining too!
    [​IMG]

Is there a limit for using too many 10s though.

3. The divine debut album, better not get neglected people!

4. I hope there will not be! SO many are worth that high score I think.

vague, Music Is Life and londonrain like this.
  5. My four favorite Mariah albums (and Rainbow) being rated? I am pumped.

nooniebao, londonrain, vague and 2 others like this.
  6. Yes!! I didn't participate in @P'NutButter's rate because I hadn't fully delved into Mariah until the post-rate wave of love that swept the forum, but she has since lodged herself as an all-time fave so I cannot wait to do this.

7. In terms of all the full albums on offer, I've decided to re listen too and rate Daydream first. That first half is particularly like a mini Greatest Hits! All top tier Mimi.

londonrain and vague like this.
  8. Uh, I'm in trouble if there is.

When I first saw this queued, I started rating so I already have the first four albums done. I could literally get this done and in today, and I think I will so I don't have to worry about it.
    Rainbow isn't in this part.

tylerc904, londonrain and vague like this.
  9. This is going to be so hard, my second favourite artist of all time and some of her best albums...

nooniebao, vague and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  10. Mariah Carey was the #1 artist of the 1990s for a reason. And this rate provides the proof that's for sure.

GimmeWork and vague like this.
  11. How can I choose between Prisoner or Fantasy as my 11?

[​IMG]

12. Pick Fantasy, as it's mine. (Prisoner was a contender for me as well.)

13. Not sure why my brain thought the #1's songs came after Rainbow but it did. These are genuinely my 4 fav Mimi albums so I am going to struggle to be objective.

Music Is Life, londonrain and vague like this.
  14. Y'all are not ready for the level of professionalism and talentry @vague has when running rates. Wigs will be wiped off clean.

Also, I will do this and try to stay awake when listening to Music Box.

nooniebao, soratami, codecat and 8 others like this.
  15. Trying to chose my #11 in this rate, is without a doubt the hardest choice I've ever had to make here in a Popjustice rate.

vague and Lapras like this.
  16. This rate has made me re evaluate higher this lovely gem:

nooniebao, GimmeWork, Lapras and 2 others like this.
  17. @vague

Any chance this could be included with the other remixes in the rate? If it’s too much hassle I understand.

nooniebao, londonrain and vague like this.
  18. you know, I actually went back and forth on which of her remixes to include for the final song list, and this was one I cut at the last minute (along with the C+C radio mix of “Anytime You Need A Friend”), just to keep the song list a little shorter, but I have no problem adding it back. is everyone else good with that?

have I left out any other remixes that y’all feel are essential, while we’re at it?

19. Oh no pressure haha if it makes it easier to have an even 70, then that’s cool with me.

londonrain and vague like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.