The Mariah Carey Discography Rate Pt.1 • FINISHED | Page 62 | The Popjustice Forum

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate Pt.1 • FINISHED

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by vague, Jun 3, 2019.

1. I'm rooting for Fantasy now my 11 is gone.

2. Ok but Underneath The Stars would have looked cute in the Top 10.
    Vision Of Love our next please.

3. I feel like All I Want For Christmas is You shouldn't have even be eligible for the rate, it exists in it's own world and seeing it up against all her other heavy hitting singles feels odd.

I'm proud of the Butterfly pulling it out in the homestretch though -- I want Breakdown to win it all.

Pinky25, ohaimanabu and vague like this.
  4. I feel like everyone here feels the same way about All I Want For Christmas - it's amazing, it's iconic, the best modern Christmas song of all time etc etc. but no one actually wants it to win the rate.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  5. Sis. Multiple people including me want to see it win and said so a few pages ago.

Verandi, vague, abael and 1 other person like this.
  6. You know what, I think I actually do want it to win.

vague likes this.
  7. Amazing Top10!

I have

8x1
    8,5x2
    9x1
    10x5
    11x1

left.

ysev, vague and Sprockrooster like this.
  8. I’ve tried so many times to put a top 10 or even 20 together but it’s nigh on impossible. Every day it would be different. It’s a testament to the quality of her music.

vague and Jimmyandroid like this.
  9. That really is such a super strong and near iconic top ten, that I can almost forgive the two debut album bops being booted out back to back. Almost...

10. Absolutely. Her quality control is just near second to none.

vague likes this.
  11. Also I always forget how good Vision of Love is. Masterclass vocals

12. The greatest debut single of all time. This song just has it all.

londonrain, vague and Adora Day like this.
  13. 'Someday' was one of my early Mariah favourites back when I bought #1s on CD. My sister didn't like it... no wonder we don't speak now.

The top 10 is like classic moment after classic moment. But 'Honey' is the one.

vague, WhatKindOfKylie? and Lapras like this.
  14. 2014

2014 Moderator

Rooting for All I Want For Christmas Is You for the....breakdowns.

The Roof would look good as a winner too x

15. But you don't like dramatics... kii.

vague likes this.
  16. That's a pretty fabulous top 10 people! Well done everyone. Let's celebrate that!
    [​IMG]

ysev, japanbonustrack, vague and 2 others like this.
  17. Bad Ending:
    Breakdown
    The Roof
    Dreamlover

Good Ending:
    Fantasy
    All I Want For Xmas
    Emotions

+ 4 Sevens.

vague and Adora Day like this.
  18. I have a feeling Emotions could be the next one out. Could well be wrong though and would like to be. NOT in place of my #11 going out instead though, of course...

vague likes this.
  19. FINALLY caught up and I all I have to say is THANK you all for sending my 11 into the top 10 (cause the way this was going I wasn't sure it would make it) and SCREW you all for not sending Prisoner there!

londonrain, vague and Maria like this.
  20. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

@vague this is gorgeous. The red looks so good!

Dreamlover, My All, and All I Want for Christmas Is You are the only ones that I didn't really need in the Top 10 (they're definitely Top 20 worthy though) so overall this seems like a successful result.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.