The Mariah Carey Discography Rate Pt.3 • #68: "This would be cute for a PSA." | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate Pt.3 • #68: "This would be cute for a PSA."

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by vague, Mar 29, 2021.

1. I can’t fathom how My Love is still in, Mariah practically got relegated to background vocals on that one.

aux, If You Go and vague like this.
  2. Okay but it’s an objectively better song. Dated production and all.

vague likes this.
  3. Poor I Don't. Know this reminds many people of the Stella years, but always have stanned this one and felt it was a great throwback jam.

vague and londonrain like this.
  4. I always liked "I Don't" quite a bit as you can see from my score. Actually surprised seeing it go already.

vague and londonrain like this.
  5. I love 'I Don't'!!!!! That sample was inspired!

6. Uno

Uno

Stay Long Love You out soon, please.

vague likes this.
  7. Sis? Not a hair should be touched on Caution's head for a while!!!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  8. Uno

Uno

I know, I just really hate that song. It dragged Caution's average down too much and I am resentful!

Holly Something and vague like this.
  9. One word, THIS!

10. The only track on Caution that should even be considered being kicked off at this stage is With You...

11. But we’re not at the top 10 yet?

12. we're losing yet another single from the extras section today . . .

[​IMG]

I'm a believer, not just a dreamer
    I'm giving everything I got
    I'm a go-getter, one hundred percenter
    Undoubtedly I can reach the top

[​IMG]

"100%"

Score: 6.657
    High scores: 10×2 (@Slice of Life, @BreatheBox), 9.5×1 (@Conan), 9×3 (@Lost In Japan., @evilsin, @Music Is Death)
    Low scores: 1×1 (@Ramalama), 3×1 (@WhatKindOfKylie?), 4×2 (@Aester, @Andrew.L)
    My score: 8.5

5 ballots: #79, 6.700 avg.
    10 ballots: #80, 6.775 avg.
    15 ballots: #82, 6.617 avg.
    20 ballots: #82, 6.663 avg.
    25 ballots: #84, 6.450 avg.
    30 ballots: #84, 6.425 avg.
    35 ballots: #84, 6.307 avg.
    40 ballots: #85, 6.319 avg.
    45 ballots: #84, 6.439 avg.
    50 ballots: #84, 6.445 avg.
    55 ballots: #84, 6.523 avg.
    60 ballots: #84, 6.613 avg.
    62 ballots: #84, 6.657 avg.

"100%" is a standalone charity single released on February 9, 2010. It was written by Mariah, Crystal Nicole Johnson, Jermaine Dupri, and Bryan-Michael Cox, and was produced by Jermaine Dupri and Bryan-Michael Cox.

Originally written during the "Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel" studio sessions, "100%" was held back with the intent to be released as the promotional single for the soundtrack album for Lee Daniel's Oscar-winning film, Precious, in which Mariah also co-stars. However, at the last minute, "100%" was replaced by "I Can See In Color" by Mary J. Blige on the film's soundtrack. The song was also planned to be included on the canceled re-release of the "Memoirs" album entitled "Angels Advocate", but that release was later canceled due to the lackluster sales of the "Memoirs" album.

In February 2010, Mariah announced that the song had been chosen as the promotional support single to raise money for Team USA at the 2010 Winter Olympics, with all proceeds from purchases of the song from February 12, 2010 to March 1, 2010 being donated to Team USA. The song was released exclusively to US and Canadian iTunes stores and AT&T wireless devices on February 9. The single debuted and peaked at #197 on Billboard's Hot Digital Songs chart in the US.

I really like this for some reason? I mean, sure, it's cheesy as hell and far from Mariah's best, but it's cute and sweet and I rather enjoy it for what it is. I think I just love this late '00s/early '10s R&B production style that is used here, so that makes this easy for me to enjoy.

@BreatheBox (10) — "the modern day HERO of her discography (and better too)."

@londonrain
    (8) — "How is this STILL not on streaming?" (it's on Apple Music in the US at least)

@Jimmyandroid (7) — "It feels like an X Factor/ American Idol winner's song but, being Mariah, it's a cut above the norm."

@Ramalama (1) — "I mean, if you insist."

13. Andrew.L, londonrain and vague like this.
  14. Not 100% outlasting I Don't thought wow....another misunderstood bop...it's so smooth!! and we have to love her last charting current hit..

vague and ohaimanabu like this.
  15. Why am I losing high scores all of a sudden? Y'all better stop. That chorus is so tight with harmonies it's like butter. The beat doesn't let it get boring and there are a lot of great melodic moments throughout. I can't help but want to sing along.

16. I know it is cheesy AF but 100% is a great song, maybe my 9 was a bit of a high score but I knew it would get some ridiculously low ones.

Auld Lang Syne needs to GTFO

17. 100%, is well far from it.

vague and Ramalama like this.
  18. Ugh, this truly was one dark timeline.

19. OK, my bad. Honestly this is more of a 4 than a 1 but the urge to do a little trolling when she kept singing that line was real, hehe.

vague, If You Go and ohaimanabu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.