The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

I guess the Thunderbolts won't be completely evil then of Yelena and Bucky are a part of it. His dynamic with John is gonna be interesting for sure. I'm looking forward to it, the line-up is really great.

I guess the Thunderbolts won't be completely evil then of Yelena and Bucky are a part of it. His dynamic with John is gonna be interesting for sure. I'm looking forward to it, the line-up is really great.
In the eyes of the public (within the MCU) Bucky is probably still seen as a bit of a villain I guess? I guess that's going to be the plot of this, disgraced heroes and villains seeking redemption in the public eye, or something similar. That's how the comics have developed anyway, it's more expansive than the original plot of "villains pretending to be good and some of them actually liking being heroic"

I’m really glad to see that Ghost and Taskmaster are back for Thunderbolts.

I thought Ghost had one of the best “villain” roles in the MCU (along with having a hetty crush on Hannah).

Taskmaster had no development in Black Widow so that’ll be interesting to see.

Seriously no Fantastic Four cast announcement?!

In the eyes of the public (within the MCU) Bucky is probably still seen as a bit of a villain I guess? I guess that's going to be the plot of this, disgraced heroes and villains seeking redemption in the public eye, or something similar. That's how the comics have developed anyway, it's more expansive than the original plot of "villains pretending to be good and some of them actually liking being heroic"
Yeah, that makes sense. Especially since most of them weren't straight up villainous in their roles. The only people in the line-up we've seen as actual villains are Ghost, who was experiencing regret near the end of her movie and John, who I could see regretting everything he did in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
And it'll be interesting to see Taskmaster and where she's at now since it's been like 10 years since Black Widow.

What’s this Werewolf By Night thing? Whatever that is had completely passed me by. Is it based on a comic? That trailer didn’t feel like the MCU at all.

He/Him
What’s this Werewolf By Night thing? Whatever that is had completely passed me by. Is it based on a comic? That trailer didn’t feel like the MCU at all.
It was a comic series. It seems like they are using a bunch of the more supernatural characters from the Marvel Universe. It looks like Elsa Bloodstone is the female lead too. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun!

I'm intrigued by Werewolf by Night. It's giving me Wandavision flashbacks, step outside the box occasionally, and do something different and interesting. I'm excited!

He/Him
Legit thought that was Krysten Ritter in that Werewolf any Night trailer.
Secret Invasion looks good! Excited for that!
Did they not confirm that there would be Fantastic 4 news at D23 a week or two ago?

I'm literally basing this on nothing, but I wonder if Yelena and Bucky are gonna end up being a thing? I realized they're standing next to each other for the Thunderbolts thing and that thought popped into my head.
I do want them to be besties at least. They have similar backstories and have dealt with a lot of loss recently. It'd be nice for them to have each other.
As much as I ship Steve and Bucky in the MCU, I will forever be bitter we didn't get the Nat/Bucky romance because all it took was reading her 2020 series by Kelly Thompson to sell me on them.

He/Him
Finally watching Love and Thunder. The pacing is definitely off but then that’s been a thing this Phase it seems…
The humour is turned up to 11 and sadly a lot of it just comes off as try hard/corny. It’s not balanced well at all. Thor the character just seems to be an endless joke, scene after scene, it’s tiring.
Both Gor and Jane were done dirty! There was such a wealth of content that could’ve padded the film out! More importantly it would’ve improved the film itself and also helped with the god awful pacing.
There’s also a lot of exposition, instead of just showing us what happens…

My main takeaway from the whole thing is that Thor is out of place in his own film and quite frankly, the whole thing would’ve improved without him.

Edit: Oh wow, Russell Crowd’s accent…. Omnipotent City is another completely wasted opportunity.

Last edited:
Takes on yesterday’s news:

- Love how different from the flop recent movies Secret Invasion and Werewolf By Night look. It looks like Marvel trying different tonal approaches and I appreciate that.

- Good director for Fantastic Four. No more news is lame.

- Glad to see Ghost and Taskmaster in particular get more time to shine in Thunderbolts!

- Love that the MCU are pulling deep cuts like The Leader and Abomination out for new projects, as a big Hulk fan I’m glad that corner of the universe isn’t being ignored. I can now maybe dream of an Immortal Hulk movie?