The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

He/him
VFX is being dealt with. Disney can you start firing writers too please?!

Literally said the exact same thing on the last page.

I know people are saying it looks like they're just scapegoating, but the number of horror stories that are coming out about her and the way she treated workers is bad. Toxic is how she's being described.

She might be, or she might be the person that made some terrible choices. Both equally possible.
I just think the insider stories all leaping out now are framing it as 'she's gone, problem solved!' when half the VFX issues that have been mentioned have explicitly come from constant last minute story changes and other about turns behind the scenes. As well as the release schedule setting impossible deadlines. Like a lot of that isn't root caused by her at all

He/him
I just think the insider stories all leaping out now are framing it as 'she's gone, problem solved!' when half the VFX issues that have been mentioned have explicitly come from constant last minute story changes and other about turns behind the scenes. As well as the release schedule setting impossible deadlines. Like a lot of that isn't root caused by her at all
This report is from 2 months ago, so this stuff isn't just coming out at all. She is named here and she is not talked about fondly.

https://www.vulture.com/2023/01/inside-the-vfx-union-brewing-in-hollywood.html

He/him
Apologies on that front then, I still think there's factors beyond what one single person can create within this. Especially when it seems to heavily be linked to the sheer workload of phase 4 content
That's fair, and I very much doubt she's singularly responsible.

But the title of President of the area that is causing a humungous problem, comes with the risk of a lot of blowback when it goes wrong. And there's a lot of reports from people that worked on these projects saying that she herself micromanaged so much that nothing could get done and she pushed for very last minute changes.

he/him
I’m bored of this “we need to fire the writers” nonsense. The writing in Phase 4 ranged from okay to great with a few duds in between like every other phase that’s came before it. This retconning that all the writing in previous phases were impeccable is weird.

He/him
I’m bored of this “we need to fire the writers” nonsense. The writing in Phase 4 ranged from okay to great with a few duds in between like every other phase that’s came before it. This retconning that all the writing in previous phases were impeccable is weird.
I don't believe a single person has said that all the previous writing was impeccable though.

But even the absolute worst of phases 1-3 comes nowhere close to how abysmal some of the written dialogue is in phase 4. It's truly wretched.

The blame goes all around Disneys creative team. VFX is a main part of it but also story telling. Phase 4 has been plagued negatively by both. Chapek is the biggest offender who probably caused the constant reshoots. At least he was the first to go.

Put Thor 4 on and honestly, keep Waikiki from Marvel moving forward. The dialogue is weak, the ‘funny’ bits are not funny and it’s just all a bit cringey.

Such a shame that it was Natalie Portman’s Marvel swan song.