The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

I loved GOTG3 and Eternals. Probably slightly preferred Eternals.

I found No Way Home to be massively overrated though. Bottom of phase 4, only Love & Thunder and Quantumania are below it.

I agree with most of this, actually. No Way Home, Quantumania and Love & Thunder are easily the least I’d like to run back and watch.

Wakanda Forever
Guardians 3
Eternals
Shang Chi
Black Widow

Multiverse of Madness
No Way Home
Quantumania

Love & Thunder

I honestly think the top 5 are all pretty well written and perfectly entertaining blockbusters. The few boogers, I don’t think are enough to make me think the MCU is in as bad of a place that people are trying to make out online. The VFX has been bad and there’s been a couple too many TV shows but there’s still a lot of fun to be had.

Last edited:
He/Him
I agree with most of this, actually. No Way Home, Quantumania and Love & Thunder are easily the least I’d like to run back and watch.

Wakanda Forever
Guardians 3
Eternals
Shang Chi
Black Widow

No Way Home
Quantumania

Love & Thunder

I honestly think the top 5 are all pretty well written and perfectly entertaining blockbusters. The few boogers, I don’t think are enough to make me think the MCU is in as bad of a place that people are trying to make out online. The VFX has been bad and there’s been a couple too many TV shows but there’s still a lot of fun to be had.
So how bad was Multiverse of Madness that it didn't even get on your list?

No Way Home is one of the worst MCU movies. It’s pure nostalgia and fan service in the worst ways possible
The audacity of having Tobey walk through a portal instead of swinging into action in a dramatic moment… it’s when I knew Marvel was lost.

He/him
Some of the acting in No Way Home is shocking. And the writing. I love her but Zendaya in particular is cringe in some scenes with Tobey and Andrew.

It's not a good movie.

I enjoyed GOTG3, much better than Vol. 2. Great action sequences, VFX and art production. I’m still not a huge fan of Gunn’s gross humor but his storytelling and direction for this movie is one of his best.

Watched Guardians 3 yesterday and the whole flashback sequences were disturbing, the hybrid animals made me feel uncomfortable. It's not animal cruelty but it was close and it's not enjoyable to see in a huge screen, sorry.
Adam Warlock was the most interesting thing in this, but I later realized he is a copy of Thor's personality...

Watched Guardians 3 yesterday and the whole flashback sequences were disturbing, the hybrid animals made me feel uncomfortable. It's not animal cruelty but it was close and it's not enjoyable to see in a huge screen, sorry.
Adam Warlock was the most interesting thing in this, but I later realized he is a copy of Thor's personality...

I'm very grateful that this movie has really shaken people into acknowledging the animal cruelty that's going on just out of sight, the testing we pretend isn't happening, just because we can't see it. I never thought a Marvel movie would end up being the ultimate anti-animal cruelty advert we need to wake us up. Kids know the process that brings them their 'Happy' Meals, but actually seeing it might really make them reconsider their choices. Not just kids, but adults too.

Last edited:
No Way Home is one of the worst MCU movies. It’s pure nostalgia and fan service in the worst ways possible
I wouldn't say worst but it was disappointing. If they'd truly managed to keep Andrew and Tobey a secret, it would have been a bit more fun, but the trailer revealing the villains were at least returning was so unnecessary. They gave away the most interesting element, just without saying it explicitly. When the portals opened and Andrew walked through it was like, duh obviously. It lost all the weight for me. Then the villains and their motivations went onto be really messy.

I will say Green Goblin was terrifying and the best part. They should bring him back for Thanos/High Evolutionary/Kang/Ultron team up.

I enjoyed No Way Home, but it was my worst movie theater experience in my entire life. I feel like all the key elements were spoiled and my theater erupted in cheers during each reveal so I couldn’t hear a thing and felt like I missed so much. It was SO obnoxious. Even during Endgame people were respectful.

I enjoyed No Way Home, but it was my worst movie theater experience in my entire life. I feel like all the key elements were spoiled and my theater erupted in cheers during each reveal so I couldn’t hear a thing and felt like I missed so much. It was SO obnoxious. Even during Endgame people were respectful.
My last 3 trips have been ruined by people apparently believing that not looking at your phone throughout the movie is now optional????