The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

Saw GOTG3 today. It was pretty enjoyable but kinda felt like it was 3 hours, not 2. And not in a good way nn. The action was great and I'm glad mutha Mantis is finally gonna be able to do her own thing.

Two things that kinda bugged me is
the amount of windshields breaking in their spaceships during the fight and them acting like nothing happened... like what dksjfj. Cos literally 5 mins before that when Drax, Mantis, and Nebula were locked outside the big ship they made a really big point of how they're entering space?

And then Quill's fakeout death like what was the point. As much as I hate Chris Pratt it literally made no sense for him to die like that with zero buildup/reason, at first I was thinking like oh... he's done with the role/MCU or whatever? so that's why they showed his body getting so fucked up, and then they revived him anyway but the entire sequence was so unnecessary, period. Main characters randomly dying over stupid shit.. this movie is not that type of girl, fakeout or not.

Saw GOTG3 today. It was pretty enjoyable but kinda felt like it was 3 hours, not 2. And not in a good way nn. The action was great and I'm glad mutha Mantis is finally gonna be able to do her own thing.

Two things that kinda bugged me is
the amount of windshields breaking in their spaceships during the fight and them acting like nothing happened... like what dksjfj. Cos literally 5 mins before that when Drax, Mantis, and Nebula were locked outside the big ship they made a really big point of how they're entering space?

And then Quill's fakeout death like what was the point. As much as I hate Chris Pratt it literally made no sense for him to die like that with zero buildup/reason, at first I was thinking like oh... he's done with the role/MCU or whatever? so that's why they showed his body getting so fucked up, and then they revived him anyway but the entire sequence was so unnecessary, period. Main characters randomly dying over stupid shit.. this movie is not that type of girl, fakeout or not.

I think it was just to allow redemption for the Adam Warlock character who saved him.

Echo is going to be a binge release, the first ever for Disney Plus. I’ve been saying they need to sweep that under the rug as no one wants it and it’s bound to flop and play into the anti-marvel narrative so it’s probably the best thing for them to do. Hopefully it ends up being decent.

He/Him
Interesting. It's either not going to bring many viewers in, or it's not great or it's a slow burn at the beginning and they know the viewers will fade off if it's week to week. I'm hoping it's good but I'm not sure what it'll all be about... Other than Daredevil might show up.

For those wanting dates, all episodes of “Echo” will drop at once on November 29th and “Loki” Season 2 will premiere October 6th.

The wait for Loki is bizarre.

Not surprised that Echo is a binge release; that really was one show we did not need.

What’s happening with Secret invasion?

I never understood why or who greenlit Echo as a series. There was no need for it, and there was no audience for it.

Someone went mad with power, so they started stupid projects.

He/Him
An obscure character ≠ a stupid project. It still could be good/great despite not being a Captain America or a Spider-Man. I am excited for it, despite not having many scoops to go off of. I'm also excited to see more of Echo and learn about her role in the MCU. Daredevil is supposed to show up in it along with Kingpin, so it definitely will connect with the MCU. I also think Echo and Alaqua Cox allow for some representation that you don't see in big comic series.
I just hope they don't give her any of her new Phoenix powers...

Because there is no scoop, there is no setting up anything, and there are no major spoilers or something like that (that is why they are giving it binge treatment). They just took the character and did something that has no major (nor minor) influence on other projects like Daredevil (Daredevil has a cameo in one episode). There were reports that the project was meh from the beginning.

Another project I don't think we need is Armour Wars, War Machine was never the most exciting character and we already have the Iron Heart show coming. And I'm really not sure what to expect from a Vision story now either. I know White Vision is out there somewhere, but I feel like his story has run its course.

I never understood why or who greenlit Echo as a series. There was no need for it, and there was no audience for it.

Someone went mad with power, so they started stupid projects.

My guess is they needed/wanted to make a "diversity" project, starring a "diverse" character, that's the only explanation.

I know White Vision is out there somewhere, but I feel like his story has run its course.

I actually feel like continuing his story only makes sense to continue to drive Wanda's story. I was half expecting him to show up at the end of MoM to save Wanda from the book.

Another project I don't think we need is Armour Wars, War Machine was never the most exciting character and we already have the Iron Heart show coming. And I'm really not sure what to expect from a Vision story now either. I know White Vision is out there somewhere, but I feel like his story has run its course.
Am I tripping or was Armor Wars upgraded to a movie?

Echo dropping all at once is...fine. better to have a show with minimal hype get the binge model Vs losing audiences fast. I think Hawkeye would've done well with a full drop closer to Christmas at the time too.

(Also feel a bit icky with 'who asked for this' when it's a show starring a deaf characters whose also played by an actually deaf actress which feels like a big deal for disability rep in superhero stuff)