The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

She was the best thing about that movie, but it ignored so much about her. It started to show the weak spots of the MCU. How do you have someone writing/working on MoM but not watch (or read the scripts if it wasn’t finished yet) WandaVision? If everything is connected, then you have to do the homework to connect it.

You can’t blame the director for that though. When Marvel are bringing people on board, they should be ensuring all relevant information is shared with them. WandaVision was still being shot but they still could have told the director about where Wanda would be by that point.

It was the same with Secret Invasion where they told the director to not read the Secret Invasion comics.

After reading up on how Disney/Marvel became the clusterfuck that is now, It’s evident all the blame should be put on the higher ups. Not the directors, writers or other talent. Not having a show bible for shows or basic guidelines for movies as reference points was the start of the collapse.

He/Him
You can’t blame the director for that though. When Marvel are bringing people on board, they should be ensuring all relevant information is shared with them. WandaVision was still being shot but they still could have told the director about where Wanda would be by that point.

It was the same with Secret Invasion where they told the director to not read the Secret Invasion comics.
I'm not blaming the director. I'm blaming Kevin Feige and Victoria Alsonso for not sharing pertinent information to writers, directors and keeping things so close to the chest/separate for sake of not letting spoilers out - which isn't doing anything as spoilers still leak out. It also doesn't help that so much gets changed in reshoots that even reading a script would keep them from seeing the full story they are telling.

They definitely got too cocky and presumed they could saturate the universe in a short space of time and it would all pay off in big bucks.

They didn’t realise Marvel fans actually care about quality, not quantity.

he/him
After reading up on how Disney/Marvel became the clusterfuck that is now, It’s evident all the blame should be put on the higher ups. Not the directors, writers or other talent. Not having a show bible for shows or basic guidelines for movies as reference points was the start of the collapse.
Got a link?

Watched Quantumania. I thought it was fun? Unfocused but not rushing through things. Every idea seemed fully fleshed out. There was this weird aspect of how and why the heroes or Kang could or couldn't return to... Earth (if that's an accurate way to describe it) at various points that didn't make much sense even though it was the main point, and the shrinking/magnifying was as random as always. But I liked the exploration of a new world. It had a kids movie appeal to it. The various Kangs at the end...they really intended to make this as convoluted as possible for no reason, eh?

Last edited:
Watched The Marvels on the plane and I was looking at the screen thinking “what the f*ck is happening here” during 95% of the movie. Nothing on it works except the chemistry of the family, the rest is just a hot mess.

I’m watching The Marvels again and I absolutely love it.

In hindsight, the only true duds since Endgame have been Quantummania (hate this with a passion) and She Hulk (just didn’t get it, as much as I thought Tatiana was great in the role).

I’m an Eternals and Black Widow defender to the hilt. Shang Chi was brilliant and GOTG3 was incredible too.

She-Hulk was an absolute joy, how dare you.

Everything else in Phase 4 was mid except for WandaVision, Scarlet Witch and the Multiverse of Madness, Guardians vol.3, Spider-Man: No(stalgia all the) Way Home, and The Marvels (not even Ms. Marvel could ruin the POWER of Captain Rambeau and Captain Marvel). Wakanda Forever is great for Namor but otherwise, it didn’t live up to the first one.

Henry Cavill as Captain Britain in an Excalibur film would be fantastic.
I want to see a team with Meggan, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, (British) Psylocke, Multiple Man and Phoenix (Rachel) on the big screen for sure.