The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

Henry Cavill hasn’t a proper hit to his name and is a toxic asshole. A terrible choice.
Why does he keep getting away with big casting? Just because the whole internet thirst for his boring ass… I don’t get it.

Marvel casting has been a bit too hit and miss in the last years. Seems a bit uninspired most of the time.

An obvious choice would be someone who could actually act.
In this day and age? Hahahaha
Why does he keep getting away with big casting? Just because the whole internet thirst for his boring ass… I don’t get it.
Yes. It makes him marketable. Though, his films aren’t all hits so surprised he hasn’t gotten the label of “box office poison” yet.

Actually, no I’m not. His rabid stans went on a pity party with what happened to him between The Witcher and the DCEU and have been championing poor sweet dear Henry C on Twitter and Reddit ever since.

…But did any of them go see Argylle?

Reactions: He
It's amazing the amount of shit he has gotten away with, all because he is handsome and has a legion of stans who will blindly defend him from any form of criticism.

- bullied female writers on his show, because apparently he knows best.
- dated a woman who enjoys hunting endangered animals
- boasted about getting boners during scenes with female actresses
- Made himself a victim of the Me too movement and showed his ass because he feels like as a man he should be able to cat call women, make them feel vulnerable and be sexist because he wants to get his leg over and thanks to Me Too, woe is Henry, he has to go back to an ex rather than move into the modern day and approach women with respect.

If it was anyone else, they would have been cancelled and blacklisted by now. Christ, people get blacklisted for less these days, but yes lets protect the rich, white, cis, straight man with big muscles.

At least other recent MCU castings have been hits with actual talent we can stan
joseph-joseph-quinn.gif

Yikes I hadn’t read about the boners.
It's so weird because....why mention it at all? I hardly doubt Men's Fitness asked him "so ever get hard on set?"

“It’s only happened to me once—and it was very embarrassing. A girl had to be on top of me, she had spectacular br**sts, and I hadn’t rearranged my…stuff into a harmless position. She’s basically rubbing herself all over me and, um, it got a bit hard.”

Also him casually mentioning her breasts is so gross.

• Duck
Reactions: He
Captain Marvel and Monica were both dreadfully portrayed in the film. They had no reason (and no effective way) to add to the comedy aspect and it just made them look off-character and on occasion poorly acted when they tried. Now Captain Marvel has been portrayed awfully in two different ways in her only two films, and Monica lost any kind of gravity and flavor her character had established during Wandavision. The entire water planet sequence was disastrous, and Dar Benn would have been great if she had given up, survived, and let Captain Marvel reignite their Sun. It would have been a great ending in my opinion. I thought her seemingly conceding to letting Captain Marvel help was the most real moment in the film and yet they just had to ruin it. Ms Marvel, her family, Nick Fury and the flerkens were all fantastic. (Even though I believe the film would have been no worse without the flerkens plot line. It was welcome, but didn't elevate the story.)

Also, the way they paid more attention to making a musical planet than they did to making exposure to different atmospheres and even actual space impactful... But the combat scenes were fine, I guess, so there's that. Especially the ones against Dar Benn.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed The Marvels on the whole, it was a cute, girl power film that also put an emphasis on family and it succeeded in that.

However, Ms Marvel and her family were insufferable and I never cared for the character of Carol Danvers and she was always a battery for Rogue anyways so it’s not like I felt they did anything poorly on her but I agree on Monica. Love Teyonah Parris, and it’s a pleasure to see her in anything, but they made her a bit fumbly and she had no standout moments until the end surprisingly (unlike, well every one else) and let’s not get started on the ending.

Dar Benn… Zawe, I’m so sorry. You can tell she put in the work and tried to make her character seem formidable and grandiose but the character was just [poorly] written [and came across as] not an imposing threat. Making her stubborn til the end just made [her fate] laughable.

The entire water planet sequence was disastrous,
Oh this is a fact. It was so stupid and honestly I hoped we would’ve seen the planet get destroyed like the Skrulls one.

Last edited:
I wanted to like The Marvels but it was a weak offering. Brie seemed almost a bit bored throughout the whole movie and I personally would have preferred if it was more her film that the team up route they went with. I wasn't invested in Monica or Kamala, the story was very thin and the villain was forgettable.

It was still entertaining and rather than being an overlong slog, it had a good little pace to it so even if it wasn't more than very average, it didn't outstay its welcome. I'd like to see more of Captain Marvel but with focus totally back on her and hopefully, Brie being a little more engaged.

Last edited:

Subwaykid

Staff member
I guess that would sort of explain the gap in Kang content aside from Quantumania and Loki s2, which from what I read here (I never watched) they sort of wrapped up the lingering thread from Ant Man by the finale.

I guess that would sort of explain the gap in Kang content aside from Quantumania and Loki s2, which from what I read here (I never watched) they sort of wrapped up the lingering thread from Ant Man by the finale.
Not really, but the plotlines themselves had their closure. There is an implication that more Kang content could be in the pipeline, but only in the sense that Kngs exist in the multiverse. Nothing about the srory of any other established name in the MCU will be affected if it is never addressed again. (Except maybe Dr Strange who had to deal with an incursion post-credits? But incursion do not really need to be tied to Kang imo.)

Last edited: