The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

He/him
I mean he had hardly been used outside of the terribly written Ant Man movie.
Yeah, there's likely still a fairly large segment of MCU moviegoers that just do not engage fully with the Disney+ shows. So they'll have had no time spent with him in Loki either. So, for some, Kang's no more than any of the other one-movie-villains that the MCU throws out constantly.

Surely they will still continue with the Multiverse and just remove Kang?

I’m a bit disappointed if it’s true. I agree that it’s taken them way too long to get the ball rolling, we needed to have seen Kang across multiple films by this point. But it was an interesting premise and it’s a shame it’s all gone tits up.

He/Him
So even though we already knew this. They're planning to release the Scarlet Witch movie 2026 or 2027
receipts-houston.gif

Are we sure Liz wants to come back? Her answers regarding MCU in recent interviews were really bittersweet.
She's always been vocal about wanting to pursue other independent projects. Marvel roles paid her good so she can do that. She said on stage that she wants to come back to Wanda.
She just needed a break to rest from it.
Marvel is getting her solo project ready so she will sign on for it and return.

Wanda is their current most popular female character and her "death" was left ambiguous. Olsen wants to give her a redemption after not being happy with the direction they took Wanda in Multiverse of Madness.

He/Him
I feel like I've made the same post every other week but they need to create these movies looking forward to what's in the movie you are making and not looking forward to what is coming next because of it.

The issue with the MCU as it gets bigger and bigger is... it gets crowded and the way fans can't let go of Captain America (Steve) or Tony and want them back when if characters don't have their ending, we will always struggle to get to new things and have good character arcs for these newer films. Immediately writing off "flops" like Eternals is annoying. Thor 1 wasn't amazing (it was just a lot of dutch angles), Thor 2 was even worse and then we got Ragnarok which was the only good Thor film. We need that sort of growth for Eternals and Shang Chi. The latter I didn't love but enjoyed quite a bit. Even the Disney+ series. I loved She-Hulk but I know some had issues. Season 2 would figure out what worked and it'd get better.The Marvels seemed to take a wrong turn too. We needed Carol to be more developed and figured out but sharing the film with Monica and Kamala made that even harder to do. Kamala ate up every scene and we still don't really understand Carol.

Now, I don't write this comment to be against Wanda/Scarlet Witch. I want that movie, I want it to be great and I want it to be a good send-off if need be.

I wonder if Barry Keoghan would still do Eternals 2? I feel like with Batman 2 coming and his star hugely on the rise, he might not want to be in two such huge properties at once, especially one which was (unfairly) critically panned.

I have complete fa
I feel like I've made the same post every other week but they need to create these movies looking forward to what's in the movie you are making and not looking forward to what is coming next because of it.

The issue with the MCU as it gets bigger and bigger is... it gets crowded and the way fans can't let go of Captain America (Steve) or Tony and want them back when if characters don't have their ending, we will always struggle to get to new things and have good character arcs for these newer films. Immediately writing off "flops" like Eternals is annoying. Thor 1 wasn't amazing (it was just a lot of dutch angles), Thor 2 was even worse and then we got Ragnarok which was the only good Thor film. We need that sort of growth for Eternals and Shang Chi. The latter I didn't love but enjoyed quite a bit. Even the Disney+ series. I loved She-Hulk but I know some had issues. Season 2 would figure out what worked and it'd get better.The Marvels seemed to take a wrong turn too. We needed Carol to be more developed and figured out but sharing the film with Monica and Kamala made that even harder to do. Kamala ate up every scene and we still don't really understand Carol.

Now, I don't write this comment to be against Wanda/Scarlet Witch. I want that movie, I want it to be great and I want it to be a good send-off if need be.
Well said! Couldn't agree more. This overpopulated the MCU right now. Whereas the Infinity Saga, focused on a good handful of characters and they got their respective sequels and such films every 2-3 years.
Nowadays it's taking 5+ years to see a character again in their next phase.

I also have faith they knew they screwed up Wanda's growth from Wandavision, so they'll right the ship. Especially if they use input from Elizabeth Olsen. She deserves to have a say, she IS Wanda.