The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

I'm also not a fan of Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool, but I have to say I enjoyed both movies more than I thought I would. For a while, Fox was actually more adventurous with the comicbook movie genre than Marvel was: First Class, Days of Future Past, Legion, Logan, Deadpool and even New Mutants are all quite different.

I'm also not a fan of Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool, but I have to say I enjoyed both movies more than I thought I would. For a while, Fox was actually more adventurous with the comicbook movie genre than Marvel was: First Class, Days of Future Past, Legion, Logan, Deadpool and even New Mutants are all quite different.
True, but a lot of them were also utter rubbish nn. DofP, Logan and Deadpool were great, the rest.. not so much.

Reactions: He
True, but a lot of them were also utter rubbish nn. DofP, Logan and Deadpool were great, the rest.. not so much.

First Class had a great James Bond from the 60s vibe. Legion was also one of its kind. I'll give you New Mutants. They didn't push the horror genre as far as they should have, but I did like the smaller scale and the setting.

First Class had a great James Bond from the 60s vibe. Legion was also one of its kind. I'll give you New Mutants. They didn't push the horror genre as far as they should have, but I did like the smaller scale and the setting.
First Class and Legion were both messes though, having a nice 60's vibe or being one of a kind couldn't save them.
Messy plots, bad casting and no real direction of where to go despite decades worth of source material to farm. First Class also gave us the horrendous miscasting of James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence and the butchering of Mystique.

I will say that the latter X-men movies did have some good casting choices though. Namely Olivia Munn as Psylocke,
200w.gif

I thought McAvoy's was liked. He was a perfect younger, more arrogant Charles and he had great chemistry with Michael Fassbender. Let's see who Marvel will eventually pick (if it's not a Patrick Stewart from another universe).

Mystique was probably best used in X2 and Days Of Future Past. She had more agency, felt crucial to the plot and went on missions like the Mystique from the comicbooks would.

Some weird choices were made in New Mutants. Cecilia Reyes as a villain. Abandoning the horror aspects. But Maisie Williams was good casting, along with Taylor-Joy. New Mutants also had Henry Zaga in the swimming pool.

I've been reading a ton of Spider-Man 2099 lately and now I am ready for a live action version. Who do I have to sleep with for this to happen?
Also, did the last Spiderverse movie have a lot of Miguel? I've yet to see it.

To the surprise of none of us, Kit Harington has confirmed there’s no pans to bring back Black Knight at the moment.
Properly gutted. I figured he’d be in Blade even if just a tiny bit based off the end of Eternals.
Kit also seems to be invested in the character and shows a good understanding of him so it would be a real waste to let such a great casting go unused.