The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

The shows will now be released under the new Marvel Television banner

This coming out on my birthday? I’ll be eating good!

giphy.gif

He/Him
Praying that Disney/Marvel's choice to disengage with TV content except for a select few shows has me fingers crossed that means quality control on these are a bit higher than... some past disney+ efforts.
Their issue has always been not treating their TV shows like TV shows. WandaVision was an exception as it was segmented into episodes based on the TV eras they were homaging to. X-Men 97 works because it was made in a more traditional TV pipeline. They were greenlighting things before they knew what exactly what was being made.

I would normally post something about how Billy will be in this and how it will obviously set up and tie into Young Avengers and how it really will be can't-miss lore for upcoming Phases, but...

...I was one of the fools who thought the ending of WandaVision would be "something" instead of the big nothing-burger we got (in terms of plot...the emotional beats were wonderful, of course), so...I'm not gonna proselytize this show to any Upsetero Heteros.

It's for the shes, theys and gays, and that's FINE! We deserve a nice little treat.

So many films these days like to hide the fact they're musicals (the Wonka film, even the Mean Girls musical film to an extent) that I am totally fine with Patti letting the people know.

As long as it doesn’t feel like a Wandavision retread. I have zero faith in Marvel though. I just hope they want to create something good without thinking of what it ties into and what not.

After X-men 97 my faith in Marvel is on its way to being restore. They got everything about that right.

I think the best thing about 97 though was that it is totally separate from the MCU and it's just good stories throughout. We'll see how much Agatha gets bogged down in the... whatever the hell is going on in the MCU story line right now with multiverses and such.

When they announce no name writers and list their credentials as if anyone saw the stuff they wrote… this has to be writers self promoting.

The only name anyone’s keen on is beau demayo.

When they announce no name writers and list their credentials as if anyone saw the stuff they wrote… this has to be writers self promoting.

Not everyone wants a toxic bully as a co worker though.
I didn't even see Picard but I know it was very well received, so this is a really good move by Marvel.

Yeah I’m giving Disney/Marvel some grace here. They actually hired a proper show runner with experience and Season 3 of Picard is universally praised. We could get a proper sci-fi MCU show.

He/Him

After hearing more rumblings, I don't see Beau coming back to Marvel, ever.

I will laugh because it reminds me of when the directors of You, Me and Dupree were announced to direct the sequel to Captain America and every MCU fanboy screamed. Then they did some of the best MCU films.