The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

I'm watching Far From Home on TV and I actually think the first 10 minutes with the aftermath of everyone finding out Peter is Spiderman is kinda well done and charming. But then we get to the Doctor Strange stuff and it's just so dumb like why would he do any of that.

Also it doesn't help I watched Raimi's Spiderman 2 recently. It just looks utterly atrocious and cheap in comparison.

Last edited:
He/Him
I just - I don't think the past Spider-Man appearances added much. They definitely got love in the theatre but like, it all just doesn't leave me with any energy to go and rewatch it. I quite enjoyed Homecoming and Far From Home and have rewatched both a few times but the final one felt too fan servicey. I mean, Aunt May dies and it just felt like everything else took away from that impact of that.

My biggest issue with the Holland Spider-Man is that he always ends up having someone there to bail him out and he doesn't really learn to actually solve things himself. Whether it's Tony, Happy, Strange or even Mysterio for a time.
None of the movies are bad by any means, but the last one especially made me realise how good we had it with Tobey and Andrew.

My biggest issue with the Holland Spider-Man is that he always ends up having someone there to bail him out and he doesn't really learn to actually solve things himself. Whether it's Tony, Happy, Strange or even Mysterio for a time.
None of the movies are bad by any means, but the last one especially made me realise how good we had it with Tobey and Andrew.

Good? Andrew? No.

He/Him
In other news I re-re-re-re-rewatched Multiverse of Madness last night after a long time and say what you want about it and it's far from perfect but mother was mothering so hard I was literally crying by the end.

tenor.gif

Third movie, I'd allow it. But not when their chemistry was the only thing holding the franchise together.
Hardly, Andrew could easily have held a movie together on his own. Especially with the emotional catapult Gwen's death would have. There was only so much they could do with Peter and Gwen.

He/Him
They also rushed so much in that second movie. Let's not forget, they filmed many scenes with Mary Jane Watson, played by Shailene Woodley. Electro, Green Goblin, death of Gwen Stacy, introducing Mary Jane and teasing Felicia Hardy. They bit off way too much and parts of it started to feel like a cartoon, and not in a good way.
Mdaf0mdekAHqqu786Qp8CdgkpOAwFn83pXSi_yl5TVs.jpg