The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Page 166 | The Popjustice Forum

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Didn't her and Sam Jackson talk about her name at the end of Captain marvel or something like that

2. I’d bet my life that the multiverse thing is a Fake Out and something Mysterio is using to make himself out to be this big hero.
    If not, then Far From Home makes a little more sense as a title, assuming they send him to another universe.
    I swear though, if this is their way of removing Spider-Man from the MCU....

diamondliam and VitaminBee like this.
  3. Why do we think Spider-Man is being removed from the MCU?

Fully cba with multiverses. It’s just an excuse to abandon any effort of consistent continuity.

Up N Down likes this.
  4. No spoilers... I’m just basing my knowledge on the comics but I’m pretty sure the multiverse thing is a ploy that Mysterio is using to hide his lack of actual powers.

5. Because of the Marvel/Sony deal being up soon or even now. They either had a 5 or 6 film deal sharing the character and since Far from Home would be fifth its either up or has one more movie to go on the deal

scottdisick94 likes this.
  6. I love this. Homecoming was just meh for me and actually was the first MCU movie I've waited to see at home. I don't know if it's the villain ploy, but if the multiverse thing is real, it may justify the inevitable introduction of Fantastic Four (maybe mutants existing too?). Mysterio is a really interesting character. I'm perched.

7. The multiverse angle is the only way I could see Mutants working in these films, because introducing them as a recent development would rob the X-Men of their struggle.

I do think Mysterio is probably lying though, and they're relying on viewer knowledge of the Spider-Verse in order to make it seem plausible.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  8. “Bitch please, you’ve been to space.”

Who knew Fury could go ‘Hunty’ like that.

Mr Blonde, Rem, aniraz and 5 others like this.
  9. Me after seeing him perform 7 Rings.

He and superglowy like this.
  10. Multiverse, huh? Secret Wars confirmed!

I... just realised I haven’t finished watching the first Spiderman. Nor the second AntMan. Woops.

11. Secret Wars would be a great ending to the next phase actually. Doom plays a major role though so I wonder if they'll try again with FF.

12. Upcoming Marvel films release dates:
    3rd April 2020: New Mutants
    1st May 2020: Untitled Marvel
    6th November 2020: Untitled Marvel
    7th May 2021: Untitled Marvel
    5th November 2021: Untitled Marvel
    18th Feb 2022: Untitled Marvel
    6th May 2022: Untitled Marvel
    29th July 2022: Untitled Marvel

Let the speculation begin

Rem, aniraz, joe_alouder and 8 others like this.
  13. Is New Mutants MCU? I thought it was leftovers from the Fox franchise, before Disney bought it out? It’ll obviously be distributed by Disney now though.

14. Well it’s not but it’s kinda Marvel so I just chucked it in there

15. Why am I feeling like Black Widow won’t happen...? The only three I feel certain of are Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange 2.

I wonder if the Black Widow casting was for another movie.

16. I've been wondering that for a while, like maybe they decided to do a Kate Bishop movie but wanted to keep it under wraps until the big reveal of Phase 4. Similar to the whole "Captain America: Serpent Society" reveal.

17. Black Widow is definitely happening. Variety, Hollywood Reporter etc would have had a scoop if the casting was for a different MCU film. Scarlet is also a producer on the film as well

That’s part of the Hawkeye tv show

18. We know Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, Eternals, Shang-Chi and Black Widow are all happening. Captain Marvel 2 is almost certainly being scripted as we speak. Doctor Strange 2 is very likely as well. Ant Man 3 (perhaps with a baton-pass to Cassie) is also possible.

Which... doesn't leave room for anything else in the next few years, really. Personally I'd like to see Fantastic Four done some justice, and perhaps a few X-Men characters introduced in standalone movies.

stuaw likes this.
  19. They wouldn't do that. The Black Widow film is coming and is starting to film in the next couple months... I believe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.