The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Page 167 | The Popjustice Forum

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. I couldn't be less excited about the Black Widow movie. I hope they will somehow surprise us.

Mr. Humes likes this.
  2. I’m less excited after she’s died, but I’m still intrigued. I was hoping giving her a more fleshed out character would make her future in the MCU a bit more exciting but with it being an origin for a dead character I’m a bit meh about it.

Holly Something, stuaw and Mr. Humes like this.
  3. There’s a good chance they’ll up the yearly releases by atleast 1, meaning we’d get atleast 4 a year. Especially now they’ve acquired the X-Men.

alanmr likes this.
  4. Richard Madden is in talks to join The Eternals

5. There's a leak talking about Black Knight and Thunderbolts as future planned movies, and Ms Marvel/Power Pack as potential movies or tv shows.

It doesn't seem like they want to give any character more than a trilogy, which is probably a good way to keep the roster rotation healthy.

6. Poor New Mutants.

7. The only character I could see having more than a trilogy is Thor, what with the soft reboot post-Jane Foster. Then again it seems like he’s gonna be pulled into Guardians Of The Galaxy. Chris Hemsworth is quite a bit younger than most of the other actors from the original Avengers so it’s fairly plausible that he may end up in a Hulk role, appearing occasionally to bridge the gap. I wouldn’t be averse to him and Captain Marvel leading the team in the next phase.

Laurence likes this.
  8. He’s only a couple of years younger than Chris Evans.

I think Thor will continue simply because Hemsworth is happy to keep going. I’m sure I read an interview where he says he felt Ragnarok was a fresh start for Thor and renewed his love for the character.

9. It'll be Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

10. I just really really need Kristen Bell in one of these movies. Maybe as Sue in the Fantastic Four? But I'm afraid she will be considered too old for that at this point.

phily693, Holly Something and alanmr like this.
  11. I need a Captain Marvel 2. Make it happen.

alanmr likes this.
  12. It made over a billion, I’m pretty sure there will be a sequel.

Laurence and ~Paul~ like this.
  13. Yeah it's well over $1.1bn now. A sequel is a certainty.

alanmr and stuaw like this.
  14. He

He

Isn't she going to be the leading figure more or less? Being the most powerful Avenger etc. No doubt a sequel is already in the works.

stuaw likes this.
  15. Hopefully this is the first 4 untitled movies:

Captain Marvel 2
    Goose stand-alone origin movie
    Goose Vol 2: The Wint-purr Solider
    Goose & Valkyrie's Pegasus team up movie.

Sorry

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Rem, alanmr, aniraz and 8 others like this.
  16. I low-key want a Howard The Duck movie.

Howard_the_Duck_%28Marvel_Cinematic_Universe%29.jpg

Ha "blink and miss it"-cameo in Endgame left me wanting more.

Macsun and Joe. like this.
  17. Yas.
    [​IMG]

Joe. and Aidan like this.
  18. On the expansive slate Disney released today, there are eight slots listed as "Untitled Marvel", two in 2020 and three each for 2021 and 2022. While it's unclear exactly what Marvel has planned for its post-Endgame movie releases, we do know some of films that expected in this next chapter for the MCU including a Black Widow movie, The Eternals, Shang-Chi, Black Panther 2, and more. So what's coming on what date?

After Spider-Man: Far From Home hits theaters this July, the next Marvel film expected is May 1, 2020. That slot will most likely go to Black Widow. That film is expected to start production in June which would put it on track for that first release date. November 6, 2020 is the next date up and that is likely to be The Eternals as it is rumored to be entering production in August, though there have been reports that Doctor Strange 2 could end up taking that 2020 date.

If Doctor Strange 2 doesn't take the November 2020 date, it is our top contender for the February 12, 2021 date followed by Black Panther 2 on May 7, 2021, and Shang-Chi on November 5, 2021. Heading into 2022, it's likely that the February 18, 2022 could be taken by a not-yet-confirmed-but-very-likely Captain Marvel 2 while May 6, 2022 would then go to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. The only date left unaccounted for would be the July 29, 2022 date.

From: https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05/07/disney-marvel-mcu-phase-4-release-dates-next-3-years/

It's kinda curious (and smart) that right after Endgame, we have Spiderman and then almost a whole year of silence... just to restart with a Black Widow biopic? ñññ

Ant Man 3 might be coming as well, but I kinda wish he was teamed with someone else like Thor with Guardians? Maybe with Doctor Strange and have them pit magic vs science or something.

I'm all for Cassie taking the baton tho. It count indicate they have plans for the Young Avengers (Wiccan and Hulkling! <3), and the whole time travelling thing fits perfectly well in the whole Iron Land / Kang the Conqueror storyline.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Hybridcookie likes this.
  19. I hope they focus on significantly expanding the movie universe so it isn't so Avengers-centric. There's hundreds of great characters for them to bring into the fold before they start introducing new versions of existing heroes.

It's easiest to do this with the outer space side of things right now, but any sequels that Doctor Strange, Black Panther etc. get will hopefully introduce new plot threads that culminate in the arrival of new teams, villains and worlds.

Up N Down likes this.
  20. I hope Black Widow isn't a total flop, and can at least do as well as, like, Ant-Man...

It's going to be difficult to pull huge numbers for a female super-hero who has no future in the franchise.

One of the reasons Captain Marvel did so well was because she was poised as a big part of the future of the MCU/Endgame, so it felt like something people needed to tick off. (Also, it was good, but that doesn't always help at the Box Office).

Rem, aniraz, Subwaykid and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.