The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Page 173 | The Popjustice Forum

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. I am fucking SCREAMING.

Interviewer: What do you think about Captain America?

Gwyneth: [​IMG]

Rob, Cutlery, Alenko and 15 others like this.
  2. Gwyneth only caring about her pay check and the 5 lines she has to learn for every film post Iron Man 3 is iconic

Laurence, aux, Macanudo and 14 others like this.
  3. BTG

BTG

And she still stole the show in Endgame.

Yas make me consciously uncouple from my wig a bitsy.

Rob, RossMusik, sfmartin and 11 others like this.
  4. He

He

My love for Captain Marvel has grown so much. The movie has such high replay value (3 times this week, kii). I think they struck a really nice balance with it, and it doesn't feel like a chore at any point like most origins stories can be. The secondary characters really complement Carol and feel necessary to her journey. I still love when they're searching in her mind for Lawson's identity, great cinematography.

I'm quite intrigued to see how Marvel will handle her, because she seems quite invulnerable when she's on. I guess they have a vast galaxy of threats that can threaten her.

I also watched Wonder Woman yesterday, and it really didn't hold up that well. I like the character and the movie is nicer than most DC offerings, but it still has the usual pitfalls (it's so grey, senseless plotlines, messy third act), and the acting isn't very good either. I do have higher hopes for the next one, though.

5. The middle third of Captain Marvel was great. I found all the space stuff with Jude Law a bit naff.

Up N Down likes this.
  6. I had the opposite experience when re-watching Captain Marvel this weekend. The first half of the movie is a chore to get through and when she got her full powers they made her so powerful it made my eyes roll a bitsy. Also some of the jokes and one liners didn't land. Goose was still the highlight though and I will say that Brie has grown on me since that first trailer where she seemed a bit bland. I really hope the sequel will be an improvement.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  7. I’m chuckling away at how front loaded Endgame was and how quickly it’s dying at the cinemas

8. He

He

But it's Marvel's most successful outing? Apparently only 60 million behind Avatar, worldwide.

stuaw likes this.
  9. I know that, I’m just laughing at how it most of it’s gross came from the first few weeks and now it’s struggling to do $10 million after a month and a bit

Bangers&Bops likes this.
  10. I’m sure most film makers wouldn’t be complaining if their film did something similar haha

alanmr, stuaw and diamondliam like this.
  11. What a strange take !! Yes I’m sure everyone at Marvel is absolutely devastated with it’s performance. !

Rob, Lander, POPGASM and 4 others like this.
  12. Let’s not forget Avatar had a rerelease. They could easily chuck out an “extended” edition with an extra 10 minutes to get it over the finish line if they were so inclined.

POPGASM, alanmr and He like this.
  13. I get what @Aidan ’s saying though. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I thought it brilliantly tied everything together, honored the legacy that brought the studio/actors/characters to this point. I loved that it subverted my ideas of how the plot would go by killing off (present) Thanos so quickly and then jumping forward.

...but at the same time, the movie was insanely long and it just kinda feels like...it’s already been put for ages even though its barely been 1 month+

Subwaykid and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  14. I can't wait to see 'Endgame' at home. It was such an event. Instead of the usual 4 people in the audience at my local cinema during an opening night, almost half of the seats were filled. (My local cinema is the best place to go see blockbusters without annoying and loud people in an overfilled audience.)

Seeing a movie once at the movies is enough for me. I wouldn't spend more money on it, until the home release. I treasure those 'first times' in the cinema.

15. Being the second highest grossing movie ever is dying?

Rob, Lander, aniraz and 5 others like this.
  16. This is 100% exactly the same trajectory as every other blockboster in the last fifteen or twenty years. Avatar is pretty much the only exception I can think off from that time frame of a movie that developed longer legs. And that was only because every grandma wanted to try out the 3D gimmick.

berserkboi and He like this.
  17. To be fair it's not abnormal for summer movies to die off quickly because of how jam packed the season is with blockbusters. Cinemas have had to make way for other properties and one of the biggest ones has been Aladdin which belongs to Disney too

IndyRS and stuaw like this.
  18. Also, isn't it obvious that most people would try and watch it as quick as possible as to avoid spoilers?

The only cinema in my island has six screening rooms and four of them were devoted to Endgame when I went to watch it the week after it premiered. And this is Spain, where people go to the cinema a handful of times a year.

So yeah, nothing weird about it.
    It should make those 60m in due time if Disney pushes for the film to stay on.

diamondliam and scottdisick94 like this.
  19. It’s done fine and will do a bit better in the coming months. I doubt it’s « dying »...

20. I’m laughing at the idea that Endgame is ‘dying’.

I mean... $2.7 billion.

Joe., Kyle., aniraz and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.