The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Page 229 | The Popjustice Forum

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Alcoholic Warbird is my favourite Carol Danvers. Followed by flashback powerless badass who would go on jaunts with Wolverine.

2. I know that The Avengers: United They Stand isn't as fondly remembered as the rest of the Marvel animated shows from the 90s, but I need Wanda to say "Winds of Destiny change" at least once in WandaVision.

dodoriazarbon and thommyh like this.
  3. Sorry for the double post, but this has been on my mind for a while now. Y'all know how if Sony doesn't begin production on a Spider-Man project every five years, the rights revert back to Marvel, as did the X-Men and Fantastic Four rights with Fox before Disney bought them out. Considering that they had similar contracts with two film production companies, wouldn't they have a similar contract with Universal and thus the rights to The Hulk and Namor would've reverted back to Marvel years ago? I don't know what happens behind the scenes, but it doesn't seem like Universal has ever put a Namor film into production and they haven't done anything with the Hulk since the 2008 film.

4. Feel like shit, just want ‘WandaVision’.

Joe., KamikazeHeart, thommyh and 7 others like this.
  5. BTG

BTG

I’m not 100% sure but I think the rights issue with Universal is a bit more complicated. As far as I know, Marvel does own the rights to both characters again but Universal have retained distribution rights and would get a cut of any solo movie featuring either.

elektroxx likes this.

6. Spider-woman?

KamikazeHeart and Andrew.L like this.
  7. We would love to see it! Wasn't she an Avenger too??

8. With the way that they've approached Spider-Man within the MCU, I would not be surprised if they cast Olivia Wilde as a younger, hotter Madame Web.

thommyh, scottdisick94 and Andrew.L like this.
  9. I'm praying for a Silk movie ddddd. It'll probably be Spider-Woman though. (Or even Spider-Gwen??)

Lander likes this.
  10. Actually, now that I think about it, Spider-Woman probably does make the most sense because she's the one character that Disney / Marvel own all of the rights to. If I remember correctly, despite having "spider" in her name, she wasn't a part of Sony's Spider-Man package.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    thommyh likes this.
  11. Time for Black Cat to get her resurrection.

VitaminBee, Lander and thommyh like this.
  12. I think Wilde’s deal is with Sony.

elektroxx likes this.
  13. Oh, I really should've opened the tweet to read the article. Or even just its headline. I guess that that means that Spider-Woman is probably the one character that she won't be portraying.

Maybe Olivia actually will be playing a younger, hotter Madame Web. A Madame Web film was a project that Sony was working on during the Andrew Garfield era, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's an idea that they're revisiting after seeing the success of Venom.
    I'd be interested in a Silk movie, but not with Olivia Wilde in the title role. Cindy Moon has to be portrayed by an Asian actor.

14. Olivia is directing not staring in it

Mikl C likes this.
  15. Damn, I really need to learn to read. Oops.

16. Holy shit this is so awful and shocking.

Leogin, aniraz, Steve003 and 4 others like this.
  17. This is absolutely heartbreaking.

aniraz, Steve003, hologram and 5 others like this.
  18. Devastating. A great actor.

Bangers&Bops likes this.
  19. Fucking hell how awful

20. Oh my goodness me, I was watching him on the Graham Norton literally about half an hour ago. And now this. Awful!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.