The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Page 366 | The Popjustice Forum

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Are they too far along to just cut her out and forget all about her?

Macanudo, Sexbox and wodny like this.
  2. Isn't she the main character?

3. She's still unvaccinated?

Andrew likes this.
  4. Nakia is right there.

Joe., He, Stewart and 2 others like this.
  5. Fire and replace / rewrite. At this point, it’s genuinely not worth the hassle.

He, Macanudo, Alenko and 3 others like this.
  6. Idk how they allowed themselves in this mess when it was clear where she stood. Even beyond this I’m not sure how she could’ve led a film. I’d hope they recast but they’ll probably just delay again.

He and Macanudo like this.
  7. See when you do clownery...

8. Phase 4 is so cursed. Ready for Phase 5.

9. The injury and production shutdown always smelled fishy to me. So I won’t be surprised about a new Black Panther left turn. Marvel is having some real badluck in the movie division.

Bookwormboy and ~Paul~ like this.
  10. Screaming at her supporters. I’m hoping they just kill her off and recast.

EB53159D-20CD-4B08-9AAA-AB1E71D6EDDD.jpeg

11. Yep, which was Marvel's 1st mistake.

wodny likes this.
  12. I haven't watched the Eternals yet, but after everything I've read, having a series out as a prequel after the film is odd given the complaints (the solution to which would have probably been having a series out first). Probably has to do with money/what the actors agreed to first? Maybe it will turn into a Justice League saga, with the series incorporated in an episodic retelling of the film?

He and Macsun like this.
  13. For Black Panther, if Disney decides to take action, I hope they just recast Shuri, because I really wanna see her take up the mantle after her brother's death.

He likes this.
  14. I’m sad Eternals wasn’t a Disney Plus show. It’s the perfect way to introduce a character each episode and fill in the story without rushing anything. I’m sure, with the success of WandaVision and Loki, they could have thrown an insane budget at it.

He, allyshone and Macsun like this.
  15. Lupita N’yongo is right there! It might not be comic accurate but I’d love to see her character take the lead.

Mikl C, He, Lander and 2 others like this.
  16. The sorta silver lining in this is that some actors (Salma Hayek) say they have signed multi-picture/project deals with Marvel. Hopefully the characters we’re invested in will show up again in a show or movie.

The problem with Eternals (I think) is that it was always envisioned as a movie. Something grand that would be an introduction to the MCU. Unfortunately the Eternals simply aren’t compelling enough characters to the universe when there are more viable ones. A show would have given more space for character development and traction.

He, joe_alouder and Chris_P like this.
  17. This is my all time favourite cartoon but I don't know how I feel about this. Leave it alone. Why not just do a whole new show rather than pick up on a nearly 30 year old one?

18. I just feel like even if they they’ll nail everything, they will drop the ball with the actual animation. We’ll be stuck with either bad 3D (like What If) or Harmony/Puppet animation where it moves and looks very different from the original series.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  19. They should just do an original cartoon. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 'revival' of the 90s one, but it would surely have to be a totally different tone and visual style to feel 'current'? Maybe like Teen Titans becoming Teen Titans Go. Disney+ using new original graphics for the 90's-era team as User Profile logos... we knew something was up.

The fact there hasn't been an X-Men cartoon since the underrated Wolverine & The X-Men.. that's over a decade ago. I hate it here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.