The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Page 420 | The Popjustice Forum

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Just keep your expectations at normal levels. As much as it’s Wanda movie, Strange is ever present and is depicted really well. He’s a fascinating character and I’m glad we are getting more of him.

2. How are we ranking phase 4 now girlies?

3. ADM

ADM

I love this forum, and people giving there takes on movies like this. It opens up my own views on the movie a bit more, I watched it and thought it was great, yeah, but when people speak about what happens in the in-between of movies and how it effects the current one, it makes you think.

(I was spoiler sensitive there, hopefully.)

Andrew likes this.
  4. Multiverse of Madness
    No Way Home

Black Widow
    Shang-Chi

Eternals

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    Andrew likes this.
  5. My unpopular rating of films would be

Black Widow
    No Way Home
    Multiverse of Madness
    Eternals
    Shang Chi

6. Just this minute back and my mind is still blown but right now I'd say:

WandaVision
    Multiverse of Madness
    Shang Chi
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    No Way Home
    Eternals
    Loki
    Moon Knight
    What If?
    Falcon and Winter Soldier

But seriously, Wanda is the moment. Olsen just played an absolute blinder. Her performance in the movie is without doubt one of the best performances from any MCU project.

The Illuminati kills were BRUTAL and I need an extended Director's Cut of this movie immediately. Did she straight up cut Captain Carter in half with her own shield??? Was very happy to see Krasinsky there too, so I hope we'll see him again.

7. WandaVision
    Multiverse of Madness
    No Way Home
    Shang Chi
    Hawkeye
    What If?

Loki
    Eternals
    Black Widow

Falcon
    Moon Knight

PopHouseMusic likes this.
  8. I saw this yesterday and I've been trying to process how I feel about it. I enjoyed it as a film, not sure about where it sits in the broader MCU.

However it does raise some questions for the future of the MCU.

I wonder if we're close to getting a F4 casting announcement or if this is just a little Easter egg for the fans. Considering the recent change in director I wonder if the casting announcement is on the horizon.

I can't decide if I want Wanda to return in a solo movie or have her big return play a part of the next team up/Avengers. Obviously the more Olsen we get the better but the character needs some real redemption after this, so I'm happy to not rush into the next Scarlet Witch project.

America Chavez was cute, but miles away from any version of America in the comics. The actress did well with what was asked of her but I find it hard to imagine her on the same team as Hailee Steinfeld and Katheryn Newton if the Young Avengers project is on the horizon.

My dream casting of Charlize Theron as Moonstone is out the window but I'm sure she'll have fun playing Clea . . . Once she gets a new wig and costume.

9. Wandavision
    Multiverse of Madness
    Hawkeye
    No Way Home
    Shang Chi
    Eternals

Moon Knight
    Loki

What If?
    Black Widow

10. I have an hour and a half till I see it. Nervous but excited. Expectations are low as it’s probably the least spoiled I’ve been for a Marvel movie since… Endgame?

11. I don't think America was ever meant to be introduced in No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness was just supposed to be released before No Way Home.

Stradiwhovius likes this.
  12. Watched it this morning at 8am while here in New York on holiday. Americans proper love clapping and cheering during movies huh? Anyway, give Elizabeth Olsen all the awards. She is a MOTHER!! I had a lot of fun watching her every time she graced the screen. Really fun movie.

wickedbruv and Macsun like this.
  13. I think my order would go:

WandaVision
    Loki
    Multiverse of Madness
    No Way Home
    Hawkeye

Eternals
    Black Widow
    Shang Chi

What If
    Moon Knight

Macsun likes this.
  14. Incredible directing. Great acting. A shambolic and frequently cringe levels of cliche script when it came to female characters.

I hope America gets served better in other shows/movies

15. Yeah I think a Young Avengers movie/show will be much kinder to her character. Her plot line will be sorted out easily.

WandaVision
    No Way Home
    Multiverse Of Madness
    Shang Chi
    What If…?
    Falcon/Winter Soldier
    Loki

Eternals
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye

MoonKnight (Marvel really needs to step up their pussy in the TV dept)

16. Waldron's screenplay was the absolute, no doubt about it, weakest part of the movie. Some of it was downright awful and much of it just made no sense whatsoever. And yeah, America was nothing more than a plot device here. She wasn't given anything remotely interesting to do. But the visuals for her powers were really cool. There's loads of potential with her.

17. He

He

America’s screaming, which was most of her lines, was very this.

diamondliam likes this.
  18. Now that I've seen it, I'm rewatching it via the millions of extremely high quality videos on my YouTube recommendations and, oh my god...

When Wanda comes out of the red smoke behind Xavier and snaps his neck, she looks god damn terrifying. It's the full Scarlet Witch version of her but almost zombified. It's so scary.

Wanda.PNG

Holly Something, Dylan and VitaminBee like this.
  19. I just got out… wow. Wanda.
    [​IMG]
    I really enjoyed it. Wanda ate every scene she got and I could not be happier about it. Give her a movie already!

Even though I despise Benedict Cumberbatch so much. Rami’s direction really helped make it unique. I hope they bring him back for a third and let him lean into it more and really get trippy.

She can’t be dead. She has to come back. She’s too amazing to let it all end here, at this stage.

Holly Something and ~Paul~ like this.
  20. Just finished the Moon Knight finale and what an absolute pile of shit. Worst thing to come out of the MCU by a long, long way. Poor Oscar.

nathanspears likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.