The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Page 423 | The Popjustice Forum

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Which is why I've always respected when people say WHY they didn't like the movie, what specific reasons and parts? And maybe acknowledge what the movie did right?
    Countless people working on it, composer, special effects teMs, writers, actors, set designers, etc.

2. BTG

BTG

@eddy2375 are you responsible for ripping Professor X’s head off? A bit iconic if so.

3. I just got back from watching Dr Strange and almost constantly throughout I couldn't escape from the thought was that Everything Everywhere All At Once did it better... the humour, the heart, the plot, the multiverse, the acting, the costumes....

I was surprised to enjoy it at the start but from the
    musical notes attack thing
    it went downhill so rapidly

singabob likes this.
  4. Ha! That's only 20 minutes from the end!

Up N Down and daninternational like this.
  5. That last bit definitely dragged then

singabob likes this.
  6. The notes fight was absolutely glorious, tbh.

7. ADM

ADM

I kinda hated that.

8. He

He

It kind of came out of nowhere and makes their magic be anything that the scene/ plot needs. It was fun, though.

Andrew and ~Paul~ like this.
  9. I loved the musical note scene. Sure it could have had a little exposition but it was fantastic!

10. Rob

Rob

I just finished Moon Knight and what a slog it turned out to be. The post credits scene was truly embarrassing. I can't believe how hyped I was for... that.

11. For me Moonlight is the worst MCU show by a mile. The writing has been slipping for MCU content lately. There is only so much a talented cast can do with what they’re given.

VitaminBee likes this.
  12. He

He

Can’t believe they gave Oscar something more boring and messy than Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I hope the next shows have better writing. Same with the movies.

They’re in a strange position where they can flesh characters through the shows, but then don’t go far enough as they have to again simplify everything for the films.

I know it won’t happen but it’d be great to see a film that is not crammed to the brim with “events” and cameos. Imagine a solo Wanda film that examines her situation and actions for more than a couple of minutes.

New Flame likes this.
  13. Is it controversial of me to say I think the only story that truly needed to be a show and not a movie was Wandavision. Maybe Loki. I really enjoyed Hawkeye, but I think that story could’ve easily been a solid 2 hour movie. The others too.

Last edited: May 14, 2022 at 9:42 AM
    He likes this.
  14. I was listening to a podcast and they made the point that Marvel has been stretched to the breaking point because of Disney's insatiable need for streaming content and that's why the last few movies and TV shows haven't been quite up to par.

15. Okay but that's a lie because every movie in phase 4 has absolutely slapped. People with taste get it. Genuinely my favorite phase of the MCU, at least so far.
    God I love this scene. And this movie. And I know it's messy as hell but I still really love the third one. It tried to do too many things for sure, and while I don't love the Venom stuff, I don't think it's as bad as it could have been. If everything that's in there had to be in there, I think it would've benefitted from being longer. Still, I wish the main focus was Harry's story. I hate how rushed his arc is in the third one. I honestly can't believe that Sony hasn't learned their lesson when it comes to meddling with a Spidey-adjacent film.

I'm kinda sad we'll probably never get Harry in the MCU after No Way Home. I know he's been done to death - and I love Ned, Jacob is great and I'm still hoping he'll become a heroic Hobgoblin or something - but Harry is one of my favorite Spidey characters ever.

16. I haven't seen any of them to be honest, I just wanted to share this insight because it sounded legit, hihi.

17. My favourite thing about the release of a MCU film is the clearly bullshit reviews on Twitter from film reviewers.

[Name of film] is absolutely fantastic, a completely different take on the superhero genre. [name of actor] is brilliant and [name of actor] is the absolute star of the movie.

It’s like when Tories copy and paste the same tweet.

He, DoggySwami and Music Is Death like this.
  18. Ddddd oof. Well that person was still lying haha. Curious why you haven't seen any though?

johnoclock likes this.
  19. Honestly? The volume. I watched WandaVision because I love Elizabeth but it's so much stuff to catch up on, it feels overwhelming.

Music Is Death likes this.
  20. I haven't seen the MCU shows on Disney+, but WandaVision definitely made me consider to subscribe. It's nice for the fans that there's constantly so much content, but, personally, I don't really need that much MCU. I'll stick to (some of) the movies.

I skipped 'No Way Home' (though I spoiled myself). I want to see the new Doctor Strange movie in the cinema because of Wanda, but I don't feel the rush or excitement like I used to. Last time I felt it was 'Shang-Chi' and 'Eternals'. As far as MCU movies go, they're more fresh for me and they don't hinge too much on what came before or comes after.

Maybe I'm just old.

[​IMG]

Holly Something and He like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.