The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. If anything it'll be a Salt/Atomic Blonde type affair, right?

2. Trouble is, they didn't exactly set the box office alight, so something more interesting with some actual espionage would be better, I'd be here for that.

3. I think they have waited for way too long to just put out the origin movie/spy film, I wouldn't want it to cover the same ground as Red Sparrow so hopefully they come up with something really dynamic and interesting for the character.

I always love the idea of the kind of Black Ops that she gets up to set among the super humans and craziness of the Marvel U.

4. These features really add to my excitement

vague likes this.

5. I think Danai Gurira's character Okoye is going to steal this movie

6. I have a feeling this is what we’re gonna get for Ant Man and the Wasp and it’ll run along side the main Infintiy drama.

I do think that it’s hard now to do stand alones and not include the other Avengers in some way. They should have done her movie earlier on I think. I do agree it’d be good if she was on side mission or something. I want smaller, more personal stakes, not world ending.

7. Black Widow the movie should have come out after Phase 1, right after the first Avengers. I don't know if its because of Scarlet's star power or the demand for a female led comic book film. But to me, just like Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye, I don't think a solo film for her is really that necessary. Like I would rather see a movie for She Hulk, Spider-Woman, Namor and Nova.

Macsun likes this.
  8. I'm just not quite as interested in the stand-alones anymore. The recent really good ones have been big ensembles anyway, Thor Ragnarok, Civil War, Guardians 2 (Well, that one wasn't so good) and Black Panther looks like it will be too. Ant-Man and Spider-man worked well because it was so insular and separate from the end of the world chaos (though the latter relied heavily on Iron Man throughout). But I'd really nave no desire to see a film with just Iron Man anymore, they'd have to be careful pulling out an old character like Widow, who's fully integrated with the overarching story and give her a standalone. I agree it should have been in phase 1 or 2.

9. To me, it feels too late for a Black Widow movie. And she is so integral to the Captain America movies that a solo Widow movie feels unnecessary.

I'd much rather see them bring more female solo movies with characters we've not seen before.

HazMango, Mikal and CIOB like this.
  10. First look at Brie in the Captain Marvel costume bellow in the spoilers.

As always with the on set photos its hard to really get a read on it. The colours are more muted and apparently in line with Kree soldier uniforms. . . I expect we'll get the iconic costume later in the film.

Her hair isn't quite a full 'Rachel' but it's pretty close which is great for the period setting.

Macsun, teddie88 and Lander like this.
  11. Ew, green?

12. It looks like it’s a Kree soldier uniform. She’ll definitely get the red look though. Can’t wait to see and hear more about this film though. I will say, the next 4 Marvel films are probably some of the most exciting ones we’ve had in a while.

13. I liked the trailer but I'm trying to work out if their mission is directly effected by the ongoing happenings in Infinity War (because surely there'd be quite a lot of chaos), or if this is something totally separate.

14. It looks boring

15. There's so many Avengers now, crazy we've gone from 6 in the first film to 8/9 in the second...to this...

(I know some aren't technically Avengers, but these are the ones I can think of who'll be battling in Infinity War part 1 and/or part 2.
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Thor
    Bucky / Winter Soldier
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Black Widow
    Star Lord
    Gamora
    Teen Groot
    Rocket
    Drax
    Mantis
    Nebula
    Ant Man
    The Wasp
    Black Panther
    Vision
    War Machine
    Falcon
    Dr Strange
    Spider-Man
    Okoye
    Shuri
    Captain Marvel
    And Loki if he counts?

They really need to trim the fat.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  16. And they said there’s going to be 40 characters on the screen at once during one of the films.

Joe. likes this.
  17. That was an interview with Anthony Mackie (Falcon) who said they filmed a scene "with like 40 superheroes". I obviously don't know for sure, but I think he could have just been exaggerating.

18. I booked my Black Panther tickets the other day. Are we expecting Bucky to make an appearance? Isn't he in hiding with him?

19. Hasn't he been frozen in carbonite or something?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.