The Matrix Movies | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The Matrix Movies

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by bonnieetclyde, Aug 21, 2019.

1. I read on Empire that David Mitchell is co-writing the script with Lana. Aside from having a cameo in Sense8, he also contributed to the script in season 2 and the finale. Colour me excited. He's my favourite author and the themes of his novels fit nicely with Lana's.

Thank you for mentioning 'The Fountain'! Still an all-time favourite of mine! And I love what the Wachowski's did with 'Cloud Atlas'. They did their own thing with the novel, but at the same time they captured the spirit of the novel perfectly.

SockMonkey and mikeinamelody like this.
  2. aux

aux

3. The Matrix 4 is officially called The Matrix: Resurrections.

It debuted footage at CinemaCon:

The trailer begins with Neil Patrick Harris talking to Keanu Reeves’ Neo. A near future San Francisco. It appears that Neo is trapped in a humdrum world, much like his first self in the 1999 movie. He’s just not getting his surroundings.

“Am I crazy?” asks Reeves’ Neo. “We don’t use that word in here,” says Harris’ therapist.

Reeves comes in contact with Carrie Anne Moss’ Trinity in a cafe: “Have we met?” she asks Neo.

A shot of blue pills spilling into a sink, as Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit” song plays.

Then a shot of Neo distorting into an old man in the mirror. A younger Morpheus tells Neo “time to fly,” handing him a red pill.

Then a lot of jumping, a lot of twists in midair, karate and all the acrobats we expect from a Matrix movie.

2014 likes this.
  4. With a title like that, what could go wrong?

[​IMG]

5. SCREAMING.

6. The title is very unimaginative, but perched to see the first footage.

Steve003 likes this.
  7. Instinctively, I react badly to that red pill/blue pill imagery these days. Even though I of course know that it's not the original movies' fault how that metaphor has been used by certain fringe groups over the last years.

8. The title truly triggers me but I hope this delivers what the other two sequels couldn't. I think the first one is pretty much a perfect movie.

9. That 3rd one is one of the worst films I have ever seen in the cinema... let's hope time has given them higher standards

10. The sequels were nowhere near as good as the first, but I still enjoy them. I never had as much of an issue with them as a lot of people did. I've watched the whole trilogy easily more than 10 times.

I have high hopes for Resurrections, but there were rumblings that the test screenings did not go well at all.

But I feel like the main players just wouldn't have signed on for this if it was clearly going to be a pile of shit. Keanu has another John Wick coming up, and those movies are universally loved. He doesn't need to be risking anything on this.

Fingers crossed they've pulled it out the bag.

11. I’m currently in the middle of watch the trilogy and was just thinking when are we getting a trailer! I’m very excited to see what they’re going to do with this.

12. The alleged plot is online if you're that way inclined. It does line up with what the trailer from CinemaCon showed.

And very evidently sets up another sequel.

13. Possibly but I'm sure Keanu would if they threw enough money at him. He just did that Bill and Ted sequel and I didn't hear amazing things about that...

Also, the rest of the cast hardly went on to have amazing careers. I'm pretty sure they all signed on immediately.

14. The choice is yours! Hopefully Kylie Confide in Me is in the soundtrack!
    A little more footage on the website too!

15. Oh WOW. Ok, I'm hyped. That's a clever little site and the footage looks great.

Robert and Dylan like this.
  16. Wait I totally freaked out about the time reveal on the website.

17. Yeah that's very nifty.

Alenko likes this.
  18. I’m hyped. It looks like it’s going to be a stunning film. Each pill shows off different bits of footage.

19. Seeing Trinity doing her shit for a split second made me happy!

sesita likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.