The Matrix Movies | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

The Matrix Movies

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by bonnieetclyde, Aug 21, 2019.

1. I think we’re *so* used to trailers that reveal everything, that it can make the new one feel… disappointing? That trailer essentially gives away zero plot, but it does demonstrate all the style and cinematography the originals were so loved for. So I’m ready.

2. Looks bonkers!

Macsun and spaceship like this.
  3. I'm in. That looks absolutely fucking beautiful. Wow, I'm so excited for this.

Mikal and spaceship like this.
  4. Yes yes yes!!!

5. It looks stunning

Dejan, Macsun and spaceship like this.
  6. It's absolutely perfect. Lana really took everything about the original and updated it for this day and age, even keeping the green hue from the originals gone as Sati made it disappear at the end of Revelations.

spaceship likes this.
  7. It all felt very un-Matrixy to me. But I think that was down to the Jefferson Airplane song.

Is it confirmed that Yahya is
    Morpheus
    ?

If so, Jonathan Groff just feels like
    a younger Architect. And is the young girl smiling in the coffee shop a younger Oracle?

I really liked, but didn't love, the original trilogy. But I'm all kinds of intrigued now.

sesita likes this.
  8. I fully think they might go there with the ‘Matrix within the Matrix’ idea. Or that the OG movies actually exist within this new reality

spaceship and DoggySwami like this.
  9. This looks absolutely stunning! Despite what you think of the sequels (I really enjoyed them), one thing the trilogy never failed to provide was visuals

spaceship likes this.
  10. You could be right!

GodsAndMonsters, sesita and Edu like this.
  11. As a casual fan of the first movies, I thought that was an incredible trailer.

Mikal likes this.
  12. This looks like a CGI bloated mess, i'll of course be first in line.

Square likes this.
  13. Waiiiiit, David Mitchell was on writing duties for this? Colour me perched.

The visuals and CG look stunning.

Trinu 3.0 and smellycat like this.
  14. Can't wait for this. I like how it doesn't look like a copy-paste from the original trilogy. It actually gives me more vibes that were also present in 'Cloud Atlas', 'Sense8' and 'Jupiter Ascending' (which I all love very much).

smellycat and Edu like this.
  15. This would be kind of iconic.

The trailer is pretty fabulous. I don't rate the Wackowskis that much but I'm definitely here for this (I know it's Lana flying solo).

Simultaneous HBO Max release is stupid though. This is a big screen event people will pay to go see.

16. Where’s the fashion.

4Roses, Someboy and Square like this.
  17. Looks great.

But I did wonder if scruffy Keanu will get a The Matrix makeover before the credits roll?
    Sleek and slicked back is what The Matrix is all about.

[​IMG]

BricksAndStrings and johnoclock like this.
  18. CARRIE

ANNE

MOSS.

I must say I'm missing the green tint, though.

Could Yahya be an alternate Morpheus in this Matrix inside the Matrix theory? Christina Ricci an alternate Trinity? Or, like, new iterations of themselves in a new Matrix?

Also;
    I just saw this and it would be amazing if she were a grown Sati.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    spaceship and Trinu 3.0 like this.
  19. I love that the trailer gives us… zero info about what’s going on ñññ it’s almost as if it could be a whole reboot? I know Revolutions ended with some sort of truce between mankind and the machines, but why are Neo and Trinity back in there… I need to do a full rewatch of the OG trilogy before going into this.

GodsAndMonsters, spaceship and sesita like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.