The Matrix Movies | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Matrix Movies

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by bonnieetclyde, Aug 21, 2019.

1. She's doing a rewatch too! Let me stan Switch for a bit.

[​IMG]

Miss Switch was giving silent threat, serving face and attitüde every time she appeared on screen, all while daring to pull that all-white look off amidst her Berghain-bender color-coordinated friends who were too afraid to step outside the dress code. A boring crowd, if you ask me.

[​IMG]

Her orange glasses? A statement. A fashion mòment.

[​IMG]

Look at her!

The way she arched her eyebrows to heavens every time she pointed her gun, such a power move - she couldn't be bothered with any Agent Smith nonsense, she didn't care about the minutiae.

The fact that she was intended to be gender fluid, being a man in the real world while presenting as a woman when entering the Matrix... she's legendary.

This is my tribute to another one of my Matrix icons, which also include White Rabbit and her statement necklace piece, Monica Bellucci in the white dress, Monica Bellucci in the red dress and of course, bantu knots extraordinaire NIOBE.

#NotLikeThis... #NotLikeThis

Sinful, spaceship, Steve003 and 18 others like this.
  2. Went back and watched the trailer and it’s probably been noticed or mentioned already but there’s a scene where we see Neo with injured eyes like in Revolutions and it makes me think that this scene takes place after the machines take his dead body away at the end to possibly reserect the him.[​IMG]

sesita likes this.
  3. I just did a rewatch myself and the second film really isn't all that bad. Takes a while to get going but when it does, its actually pretty satisfying. I could have done without the weird chat at the end revealing the truth about Zion as it was indulgent and more confusing than impacting in execution but its overall a solid sequel.

The third is still as botched as I remember it. They just totally forgot what people loved about the series and rather than give us more in the Matrix (amped to 100 for the finale), we got loads of throwaway, generic battles with Zion with loads of characters we cared nothing for. It could have come from any sci fi movie and was so disposable.

Imagine if they cut almost all that out and given us more battles and scenes inside the Matrix itself? I really hope the new movie gets what people loved about the original series, the most boring parts of the trilogy were always in the real world.

4. That was a classic that was a classic

5. We get our first look at Jada Pinkett Smith in this featurette

6. I'm really excited for the film but I completely forgot Neil Patrick Harris was going to be in this... blegh.

He likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.