The Midnight - General Thread | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

The Midnight - General Thread

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Sep 19, 2016.

1. This isn't as immediately memorable as a lot of the material on 'Kids' and I like the verses more than the chorus, but it's still brilliantly sung and produced. I am so excited about the album, especially as 'Kids' was more like an EP. Now that they have explained that a lot of the songs came from the same initial sessions and they decided to separate them to create an arc from childhood to adolescence, the length of that album makes a lot of sense.

Here's a great live stream Q&A with Tyler and Tim about the album. I love their commitment to the 'world' of The Midnight. They are clearly fanboys themselves, which makes the whole band project a joy. Their live show was easily one of the best ones I saw last year, so I hope somewhere down the track they get to take 'Monsters' back out on the road.

x

2. Yikes, first time I've not instantly loved one of their singles. Not feeling those treated vocals on the chorus.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  3. America 2 is still the height of their songwriting for me but I do enjoy this.

4. I don't love the treated chorus vocals either, but it's still a gorgeously familiar, nostalgic bop. Kings of synthwave!

x

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.