The Miley Cyrus Discography Rate Part 2 - #50 Love You But I Don't Know How | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

The Miley Cyrus Discography Rate Part 2 - #50 Love You But I Don't Know How

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Music Is Death, Feb 8, 2021.

?

What's your favorite album featured here?

1. Bangerz

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Younger Now

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. SHE IS COMING

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Plastic Hearts

26 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. Ddddd thanks @Cutlery! And @Milotic!

Anyway, another album track falls.

Or rather, a bonus track.

#71 – Hands In The Air: 6.63
    Bangerz-16. Hands in the Air.png
    Highest: 3x9s (Me @yeRleDanaL @Milotic) 1x8.5 (@Maki) 2x8s (@BubblegumBoy @AllGagaLike)
    Lowest: 1x4 (@boombazookajoe) 4x5s (@Sprockrooster @Yeziirl @Phonetics Girl @An Insider) 1x5.5 (@M24)
    My Score: 9
    Favorite Lyric: My toughest enemy's in the mirror
    (It's a little cheesy, but it's still a mood.)
    Trajectory
    5 Voters: #76
    10 Voters: #71
    15 Voters: #72
    20 Voters: #71
    24 Voters: #71
    Total Points: 159.2

Hands In The Air was written by Miley, Christopher Bridges (Ludacris), Michael Williams II, Salughter, Jean-Baptiste and Asia Bryant, and produced by Mike WiLL Made-It and P-Nasty. It was released as track 16 on the deluxe edition of Bangerz on September 30, 2013.

I've always really enjoyed the song. It's been that chill, laid-back bop that I just love swaying and singing along to. The chorus is just so peaceful, even with her telling us to put our hands in the air. I guess it kinda reminds me of We Can't Stop in that chill way, though I think that song does it better. Yes this song isn't really anything special in the grand scheme of Bangerz as an album, but I think it really works for me as a chill bop, with great production - naturally - and good lyrics. I think my favorite element of the song is just the buzzing throughout in the music. Like, I can see some people being annoyed by it, which I understand, but I just really love that it kinda adds a certain undercurrent of intensity to it all. Also, I have to say, i really like Luda's rap on the song, I think it works really well. But my problem with it is that I wish his rap was like a bridge, and Miley had a second verse, and that's where the song lost a point from me. Other then that, I don't really have anything else to say about the song, so moving on to y'all.

Lowest scorer @boombazookajoe (4) simply says: I really don't care for this. Which is completely fair. @M24 (5.5) seems to agree with me about the song structure: It took a while for it to grow on me. It's actually quite catchy. I'm not sure about the rap though, a second Miley verse would've worked better. Also, the middle-8 could've been less lazy. All in all, it's good but not among the best of Bangerz. Yeah, I think that would have been better too. And @Maki (8.5) uses the "f" word, and he's not really wrong ddd: This sounds a bit filler-ish, but I really enjoy it nonetheless. Love the melody and how catchy it is in all of its 2013 glory. It really is very "2013" but in a good way.

M24, Yeziirl, GimmeWork and 10 others like this.
  2. TOP 70

Bangerz (14/16)

1. Adore You
    2. We Can't Stop
    3. SMS (Bangerz) (Feat. Britney Spears)
    4. 4x4 (Feat. Nelly)
    5. My Darlin' (Feat. Future)
    6. Wrecking Ball
    7. Love Money Party (Feat. Big Sean)
    8. #GETITRIGHT
    9. Drive
    10. FU (Feat. French Montana)
    11. Do My Thang
    12. Maybe You're Right
    13. Someone Else
    14. Rooting For My Baby
    15. On My Own
    16. Hands In The Air (Feat. Ludacris)

Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (18/23)
    1. Dooo It!
    2. Karen Don't Be Sad
    3. The Floyd Song (Sunrise)
    4. Something About Space Dude
    5. Space Bootz
    6. Fuckin' Fucked Up
    7. BB Talk
    8. Fweaky
    9. Bang Me Box
    10. Milky Milky Milk
    11. Slab Of Butter (Scorpion) (Feat. Sarah Barthel)
    12. I'm So Drunk
    13. I Forgive Yiew
    14. I Get So Scared
    15. Lighter
    16. Tangerine (Feat. Big Sean)
    17. Tiger Dreams (Feat. Ariel Pink)
    18. Evil Is But A Shadow
    19. Cyrus Skies
    20. 1 Sun
    21. Miley Tibetan Bowlzzz
    22. Pablow The Blowfish
    23. Twinkle Song

Younger Now (9/11)
    1. Younger Now
    2. Malibu
    3. Rainbowland (Feat. Dolly Parton)
    4. Week Without You
    5. Miss You So Much
    6. I Would Die For You
    7. Thinkin'
    8. Bad Mood
    9. Love Someone
    10. She's Not Him
    11. Inspired

SHE IS COMING (5/6)
    1. Mother's Daughter
    2. Unholy
    3. D.R.E.A.M. (Feat. Ghostface Killah)
    4. Cattitude (Feat. Ru Paul)
    5. Party Up The Street (Feat. Mike Will Made It & Swae Lee)
    6. The Most

Plastic Hearts (15/15)
    1. WTF Do I Know
    2. Plastic Hearts
    3. Angels Like You
    4. Prisoner (Feat. Dua Lipa)
    5. Gimme What I Want
    6. Night Crawling
    7. Midnight Sky
    8. High
    9. Hate Me
    10. Bad Karma (Feat. Joan Jett)
    11. Never Be Me
    12. Golden G String
    13. Edge Of Midnight
    14. Heart Of Glass
    15. Zombie

Extras (9/21)
    1. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
    2. Real & True (with Future & Mr. Hudson)

3. Ashtrays & Heartbreaks (with Snoop Lion)
    4. Ain't Worried About Nothin' (Remix - with French Montana)
    5. 23 (with Mike WiLL Made-It, Wiz Khalifa & Juicy J)
    6. Feelin' Myself (with will.i.am, Wiz Khalifa & French Montana)
    7. Fall Down (with will.i.am)
    8. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (with The Flaming Lips & Moby)
    9. Come Get It Bae (G.I.R.L.) (with Pharrell Williams)

10. Hands Of Love
    11. My Sad Christmas Song
    12. Teardrop (with LOLAWOLF)
    13. Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (with Mark Ronson)
    14. The Bitch Is Back
    15. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
    16. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) (with Mark Ronson & Sean Lennon)

17. On A Roll
    18. Right Where I Belong
    19. Slide Away
    20. Don't Call Me Angel (with Ariana Grande & Lana Del Rey)
    21. I Got So High That I Saw Jesus (with Noah Cyrus - Live)

Entering the top 70, we have lost more extras, but only Plastic Hearts is left untouched! Which song from the album do you think will leave first? What else would you like to see go? And what do you think should still be in? ​

M24, AllGagaLike, GimmeWork and 8 others like this.
  3. Y'all know I can be very petty and when I find a way to make sure Dead Petz is the ranked last album I will make it heard. Let me present remaining averages:

Plastic Hearts (15/15) [100%]
    Bangerz (14/16) [87,5%]
    SHE IS COMING (5/6) [83,3 %]
    Younger Now (9/11) [81,8%]
    Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (18/23) [78,3%]

[​IMG]

4. Ow, "Hands in the Air" is a bop and definitely should've been around longer. I expected it wouldn't last long and it's probably the weakest out of the three bonus tracks, so it could've been worse.

Forgot to say that seeing the thread title mentioning the first 11 leaving and being tagged had me so afraid yesterday.

Music Is Death likes this.
  5. The first Plastic Hearts cut should be Bad Karma. Not sure if it'll actually be that though.

Music Is Death and Maki like this.
  6. I'd say either that or "High". Both are among my lowest remaining scores.

Music Is Death and soratami like this.
  7. I had scheduled one, but sorry y'all, no elimination today. Lots of stuff kept coming up - one of those "one thing after another" days - BUT I have scheduled three for tomorrow since I have absolutely nothing going on, and having nothing to get done. I'm excited to get into the 60s! Coming up:
    • Plastic Hearts will remain untouched. How long can that last?
    • We lose more album tracks then extras,with a 6/4 split. Wanna guess what they are?
    • To help with guessing, 3/5 albums will all lose at least one song
    • We will lose one more 11 before the top 60.
    • I will lose my highest score yet - but still not a 10 - in the next ten eliminations

Also, I'm really excited to announce the official album teams!

Bangerz
    @boombazookajoe
    @Remorque
    @M24
    @Sprockrooster

Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz
    @yeRleDanaL
    @Mirwais Ahmadzaï
    @AllGagaLike
    @Phonetics Girl

Younger Now
    @Maki
    @Butterfly
    @pop3blow2

Plastic Hearts
    @Music Is Death
    @Ana Raquel
    @swim
    @Cutlery
    @soratami
    @aux
    @Milotic
    @An Insider
    @Guy
    @GimmeWork
    @BubblegumBoy
    @spaceship
    @Yeziirl

Which one will triumph over the others?

(This is based on what you told me is your favorite album, or what your highest average is! If anyone would like to switch teams, please let me know!)

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    GimmeWork, M24, yeRleDanaL and 7 others like this.
  8. Team Plastic Hearts being the size of the other three combined dd

Did no-one pick She Is Coming, or was that just not considered one of the options since it's an EP?

yeRleDanaL, Music Is Death and Maki like this.
  9. No one picked it ddddd.

yeRleDanaL, Maki and soratami like this.
  10. I think 3 Dead Petz, 2 Younger Now and 1 Bangerz cut seems likely to me? As for the extras, I really hope one of those is Don't Call Me Angel, that's all I ask for

Ana Raquel and Music Is Death like this.
  11. Ask and you shall recieve.

#70 - Don't Call Me Angel: 6.716
    DontCallMeAngel.png
    Highest: 3x10s (@soratami @swim @Remorque) 1x9.5 (@Sprockrooster) 1x9 (Me)
    Lowest: 1x2 (@M24) 2x3s (@Ana Raquel @Cutlery) 2x4s (@Phonetics Girl @spaceship)
    My Score: 9
    Favorite Lyric: I make my money, and I write the checks so say my name with a little respect.
    (Queen shit right there.)
    Trajectory
    5 Voters: #54
    10 Voters: #62
    15 Voters: #63
    20 Voters: #63
    24 Voters: #70
    Total Points: 161.2

Don't Call Me Angel was written by Ariana Grande, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Miley, Alma-Sofia Miettinen & Lana Del Rey and produced by Max Martin and Ilya. It was released on September 13, 2019 as the lead single from the Charlie's Angels Soundtrack, which Ariana was the executive producer for.

First thing's first: this is a bop. I can't deny it. It's extremely basic, and is especially "Ari-by-numbers" at the point it came out, but every time it comes on, I can't help but want to shake my ass to the chorus. And I know some people feel like it's a disappointment as a collab from these three women, but I actually feel like it's a great blend of their individual styles? Each of their verses represents the music they were releasing at the time really well. That said, Miley clearly has the best part here. She opens the song with that cocky, confident attitude and has a certain bite that I think the song really needs. Ari is great of course, but she doesn't really bring the attitude the song should have. Lana almost gets there, but not quite, and I personally think her bridge sucks the energy from the song, and it doesn't really get it back after that, though it tries. I knew it wouldn't be long for this rate, as it's not particularly well-liked around here, but it was nice to see it make the top 70, as I just really like the song. I feel like this is a solid placing for it.

No one had anything positive to say about this dddd. @M24 (2) does praise Miley though: Miley snatched wigs in that MV. That's the positive thing I can say about this Ariana demo-turned-into-BPG-collab. Yeah, she's honestly amazing in it. @Ana Raquel (3) makes a bold claim: This is possibly one of the worst feats between female divas in mainstream pop music. I never had much expectations for it because of huge disliking for Lana. Yet, it somehow ended up being even lower than my expectations ddddd poor girl. I feel like there are probably worse ones but I don't really feel like looking for them nn. @Yeziirl (4.5) comes for Ari: Let me just blame ariana on that lackluster chorus, due to which song just feels empty. The chorus slaps though. And @boombazookajoe (5) and I completely disagree: This song loses points because there is absolutely no reason for it to be this basic with these three involved. I actually find Miley's part to be the worst of the song, it's a terribly clunky verse, weird melody, awkward lyrics -- it doesn't work. I said it once, I'll say it again - hers is the best verse. And I feel like it was always going to be basic dd.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    GimmeWork, M24, Maki and 8 others like this.
  12. Miley absolutely BODIES Don't Call Me Angel.

GimmeWork and Music Is Death like this.
  13. The way I keep showing up in the highest scorers, I... A few of the album cuts have been done way too dirty.

14. We're too close to the bottom of a page, gets your butts in here and discuss!

Maki, soratami and Phonetics Girl like this.
  15. Damn y'all said "I have nothing to say" huh? Bottom of the page elimination it is then!

#69 - Fweaky: 6.72
    Deadpetz-08.Fweaky.png
    Highest: 1x10 (@aux) 1x9.75 (Me) 1x9 (@Guy) 1x8.5 (@Butterfly)
    Lowest: 1x3 (@Yeziirl) 2x4s (@swim @M24) 3x5s (@GimmeWork @spaceship @Ana Raquel)
    My Score: 9.75
    Favorite Lyric: You take me higher than I've been before. Don't laugh when I say that 'cause we just smoked a bowl
    (It’s cute and playful and sweet and I just love it and her delivery here.)
    Trajectory
    5 Voters: #68
    10 Voters: #66
    15 Voters: #74
    20 Voters: #68
    24 Voters: #69
    Total Points: 161.3

Fweaky was written by Miley, Asheton Hogan and Michael L. Williams II, and produced by Mike WiLL Made-It and A+. It was released on August 30, 2015 as track 8 on Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz. Interestingly, it is the first Mike WiLL-produced track on the album, and the first one from the album to be eliminated here.

I've always loved this song, even when I didn't care much for the album. It's the perfect "stoned to the sky, let's fuck" anthem. I like that it's a mid-tempo, low-key sex jam. I looove the production, the drums and piano combo just adds to the vibe of it all. It manages to toe an interesting line between sexy and funny and I think it really works. I love Miley's voice and her high as fuck delivery - pretty sure she was actually high when she recorded it, and it works so well with the song - and the melodies are simple but catchy. I think the only real issue I have is that the song does feel a little too long, with the "na na na na's" going on a little too long. If it was 30 seconds shorter, I'd probably give it a 10. This was done seriously wrong here, and deserved top 50 at least. Probably the first elimination I'm actually upset about, but I don't really have it in me to be angry right now dddd.

As usual, not a lot of comments for this. @M24 (4) brings up an iconic album from the queen: The lyrics and production feel at odds here, I don't know. Maybe she was going for an "Erotica"-like sexy jam, but to me that production seems a bit too dark for its subject matter. It fits right in with the Dead Petz atmosphere though, that's for sure. I just don't enjoy it as an individual track, unlike the songs it's sandwiched in between which deal with sex in a more upbeat way maybe. I don't feel like the production is all that dark? I feel like it fits the "lights low, let's enjoy each other's bodies all night" vibe of the whole song, and I don't think she was aiming for a sound like that album. Maybe it's the sequencing throwing you off? @spaceship (5) thinks this throws off the vibe: I always felt like this song ruins the vibe of the album. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. @boombazookajoe (7) doesn't like to go slow: I like this one but I wish the tempo was a little faster. The chorus in particular feels like a bit of a slog. But the tempo is what makes it work. And @Maki (6) might have missed the point dddd: This one is a bit odd to rate. It's always been among my least favourites, but I don't actively dislike anything about it. It's just a bit of a drag, especially compared to the other ballads on the album, and feels a bit lazy overall (the 'na, na, na...' parts in particular). Also, Miley sounds high as hell here. She's supposed to nn.

GimmeWork, Maki, soratami and 8 others like this.
  16. Erotica SWEETIE...
    I will say Fweaky is the superior version to the drunkness of Something About Space Dude and the (comparatively super subdued) raunchiness of Milky Milky Milk. But maybe it's a bit too drunk? I don't know

Maki and Music Is Death like this.
  17. *New York voice* EROTICA?!?!?!

No. Bye. Fine song though

Music Is Death likes this.
  18. Shameless bump #1

Maki, soratami and Phonetics Girl like this.
  19. And let me just use this post to promote a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun, the new album by Aly & AJ. Calling it now, this is going to be one of the best albums released this year. It's certianly my favorite album I've listened to since Taylor released folklore/evermore. If you love pop music, you should absolutely listen to this if you haven't already. This isn't even me being a biased stan who loves everything. I guarentee you will at least enjoy this album. Listen to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.