The Morning Show (Aniston, Witherspoon + Carrell) | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

The Morning Show (Aniston, Witherspoon + Carrell)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikal, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I noticed today that there hasn’t been a published review yet? Was there a heavy embargo, Apple’s afraid of the response, or a huge decline in interest?

2. Probably an embargo I guess. All of Apple’s shows have had reviews out before their next season airs like Mythic Quest and Ted Lasso.

3. The way I have Apple TV and only used it to watch Servant. Imma need to start on this.

Rob and lushLuck like this.
  4. Embargo?

5. When something is embargoed, that means it is held from release until a decided upon date. It’s quite normal for reviews, and I’m guessing definitely the case here.

EDIT: As I was typing this, a friend texted me to say she’s watching screeners and that Julianna is fantastic.

PopCrushed, Beginner, Maria and 2 others like this.
  6. Thanks for the explaining.

In what way is the delay good for the show?

lushLuck likes this.
  7. It’s often used as part of the promotional plan. I.e. if all reviews are released at once, it creates a big amount of exposure, so timing can be key to use that as promo for the show. If reviews come out too early, discussion around them will end long before the thing premieres/is released.

8. It's also used to hold back reviews if they know the press will be very negative and don't want their show or movie to be panned and sour the hype in advance ddd.

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  9. Silly question but do you think they’ll drop 3 episodes of the new season in one go tomorrow? Super excited for this excellent show to be back in my life!!!

10. Apparently critics were sent the whole season, AV Club gave it a C+.

The season premiere is up now too.
    Edit: more reviews are coming in:

Sounds like the same watchable mess season 1 was! Nn, not all the reviews using the same header image

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    jtm, sesita, Someboy and 1 other person like this.
  11. jtm

jtm

I don‘t give a fuck about the reviews. This is so entertaining and I‘m looking forward to Julianna joining the mess. Plus Billy was great again and there‘s a cute new assistant. I‘m sold.

12. Episode 1 was solid. I'm excited for Julianna though.

spaceship, colouroffensive and jtm like this.
  13. Episode 1 was great. It’s setting everything up quite nicely. I watched the behind the scenes thing they added at the end of the credits which was super interesting.

spaceship likes this.
  14. jtm

jtm

I need the new weather guy to make it rain on me.

bonnieetclyde and spaceship like this.
  15. I know I need to let go of reality when watching this, but I'm still not over them having an entire morning show staff handle a New Year's Eve broadcast when they have another morning show episode to deal with only hours later. That's 36 hours of working; no wonder this network is facing so many lawsuits.

Also, the Steve Carell stuff is already painful (and how would this Italian woman have any clue who he is; are you telling me Europeans are that well-versed on Matt Lauer?) and I'm just dreading all things COVID.

But alas, I keep tuning in... remains my favorite hate watch.

16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

God, I don't know what it is about this particular show, but it just gets to me like nothing else. A delicious mess.

And yes, every scene with Steve Carrell was absolutely useless and I groaned when he first appeared on screen. I barely give a shit about him in Season 1 when he kind of had a purpose; literally what is the point of him existing in Season 2? Ugh.

lushLuck, Maria, spaceship and 2 others like this.
  17. I really don’t get this show asdfdjjlhlj. Bradley is unqualified, difficult to work with, and not especially good at her job and yet they really want her to stay.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Sounds like 80% of news hosts to me!

kal likes this.
  19. It does seem odd to have him back. I assume he plays some larger role later in the season otherwise it just feels like a random sideline story that no one is really interested in.

Episode 2 was good fun, especially the dinner party.

There's no reason why the intro to this show is 1:45 seconds though. Especially when it's such a boring intro.

Rob and Maria like this.
  20. I'm making bets with myself about who they're gonna give Covid to.

I enjoyed the first 2 eps, but it does feel a bit rudderless so far. But at least they've got everyone back on the show now.

(Apart from the gay, who they're probably gonna give Covid to.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.