The Morning Show (Aniston, Witherspoon + Carrell) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Morning Show (Aniston, Witherspoon + Carrell)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikal, Sep 2, 2019.

1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Maybe it's because this was the first episode I watched on its own after binging the other five last week, but this was the first... not good episode for me.

lushLuck likes this.
  2. Latest episode is out today rather than tomorrow (I think because of Thanksgiving).

3. I decided halfway through episode 5 that I wasn’t investing anymore time in this!

Jasper47 likes this.
  4. For me its turning into the same feelings I had regarding the second season of Big Little Lies - that I'm mainly watching the show to see Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Mark Duplass et. al on my screens on a weekly basis.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. The series is slowly falling off for me but I'll still watch for Jen, Mark, and Billy.

Am I confused or does Gugu's character like Claire? Why was she upset in the last episode?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  6. Just finished episode 7, there’s 10 in total right?

I’m more interested in Alex and her personal life than I am Bradley’s story tbh. That scene between Alex and her daughter in the dorm room was brilliant.

Vixen likes this.
  7. Agreed. That scene was probably the best of the season so far, the way Alex lost it, usually shows skate round the parent/child so softly it was refreshing to see an honest take down and Jen played it amazingly.

Vixen likes this.
  8. Reese seems to be playing Bradley like "Reese Witherspoon presents every Reese Witherspoon role from the last 25 years"

9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I felt that final "fuck you, kid" in my soul. Eviscerate me, queen!

10. That scene with her daughter was electric.

Jennifer Aniston has literally never been better than in that scene.

11. So the journalist from The Guardian who originally gave The Morning Show a tepid review based off of ONE episode has written a retraction of sorts. He admits he was hasty in his appraisal of the show and says it finds its stride by episode 4 (something I’ve been saying!!!!). He’s watched the finale and calls it one of the best finales of the decade.
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...e-you-totally-resent-friends-jennifer-aniston
    So yeah, when you do clownery etc etc.

12. 'Fuck you, kid' whew the script for that scene was beyond. Jennifer is running away with this show. That Guardian article has me gagged for the finale.

Holly Something, Vixen and baxterclan like this.
  13. It was so powerful and it just reminded me when I could just tell my mum or dad was super angry at me and definitely did not like me in that moment because I probably was being a little asshole. I loved her daughter's shocked reaction when Alex said it too, it was like I thought I could get away with being a brat and acting up. Amazing television.

14. The kid I'd such a whiney little shit.

Vixen, kal, PopCrushed and 1 other person like this.
  15. The actress playing Jen’s daughter is one of the worst I’ve EVER seen. That said, the show remains weak anytime it includes a scene without Jennifer.

16. I couldn’t tell what age she was supposed to be.

casting a good kid is such a minefield

17. The Mitch storyline is such a bore! I also don't care about Claire and the weatherman.

RainOnFire and lushLuck like this.
  18. That scene between Hannah and Mitch though.

Adora Day and DangerousHun like this.
  19. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Phenomenal acting by Gugu (I was so uncomfortable), but they've really been spinning their wheels for the last three episodes. I also don't give a flying fuck about Mitch so there's that too.

I know we're in store for an amazing finale, but the show started out so promising and it just hasn't held up.

lushLuck likes this.

20. 3 nominations. Reese & Jennifer for Actress in a Drama Series & Best Drama Series.

believeagain, Adora Day and Island like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.