The Nanny | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The Nanny

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by multimediac17, Jul 12, 2009.

1. The amazing theme music has already been mentioned in this thread, but let me share some love for the fantastic, animated opening credits (at least for here in the States):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wQF1rVHUy4

"She's the lady in red, when everybody else is wearing tan." Glorious...

2. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

"Watch out CC!"

It's a house rule that when watching The Nanny that everyone in the room MUST sing along to the theme song. No exceptions. And do hand movements if you are so inclined. I always am.

Leopold likes this.
  3. That's amazing, how much effort they put into that. (despite it looking cheap as hell)

4. This show was It. I'll always be amazed at how little credit and recognition it got/gets.

Fanatical likes this.
  5. Such a classic.

6. As I understood it, the office was down inside the house...when you enter through the front door, you have the stairs on your right, and after the stairs a small corridor with a door down to the basement and into the house. There's also another room behind the lounge, which connects the rest of the house (office and whatever else) around the lounge to the kitchen. The other door in the lounge always leads to the kitchen, as far as I can tell.

I always understood there to be a bit of a garden that goes all around the house.

7. I always thought that taking a right turn after the small corridor (and those doors in the corridor led to the bathroom which was shown in a later episode when Maggie thinks she might be pregnant) would take you to the dining room and the kitchen.

I loved that house.

8. My understanding was that a right turn down that corridor would lead you to the office, and a left turn into the room behind the lounge, which lead into the back of the kitchen.

9. Fran is trying to bring The Nanny back to TV.

The only revival I ever truly wanted.

https://jezebel.com/fran-drescher-is-an-anti-capitalist-and-also-here-for-1819772123

An Insider, Leopold, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  10. Coming to Youtube April 6th.

11. This isn't what I thought/had in mind when she responded to fans asking her last week to put the entire series on streaming in the US

truman, lushLuck and berserkboi like this.
  12. Some faces there I don’t recognise... maybe they worked behind the scenes...

Remorque likes this.
  13. Honey, everybody looks atrocious and unrecognizable when on FaceTime/Zoom/whatever-the-fuck-they-are-using, seaux...

14. I am SO here for Daniel Davis. One of the most underrated actors.

Surprised Madeline Zima is participating. I swear she had beef/was talking badly about the show for years and how it was an awful experience for her.

truman likes this.
  15. In Canada the show is available on Prime and I've already rewatched it twice. It's honestly so iconic. I'm not expecting much from this table read but just happy to see the cast together again.

16. Maybe she disliked aspects of production but liked the people?

Fanatical and thequinntessential like this.
  17. It airs at midnight on MTV Canada so I have been rediscovering it. Lots of fun.

18. I think that was the case. It's been a while since I've seen her interviews. Either way, nice to see her there!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.