The new Avenue single | The Popjustice Forum

The new Avenue single

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by maxmartin, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Anyone heard it?
    What a pile of poo! Sounds like Billiam!!
    Why didnt they go with Risk it all??

2. There's a NEW Avenue single? I just lost a bet.

3. Well considering the shit show that Island Records made of the last one i am guessing they are due for a second shot... however if its the track on there myspace, I wouldn't bother...

4. Wow, and I thought it couldn't get any worse...

5. I'm not sure what else Island could have done?

They did a schools tour, were more or less resident at Thorpe Park (or somewhere like that) during the summer. There was a showcase, a video, bits and pieces in magazines and newspapers, they've got an up to date website, and are appearing at shopping centres up and down the UK.

Their last single wasn't bad, but they couldn't get any radio airplay - boybands are just not considered relevant or fashionable at the moment. It would need an outstandingly brilliant single to overcome the current prejudice against boybands.

6. In my opinion Island got it wrong by :
    a) taking on a boyband that got disqualified from X Factor!
    b) losing the best guy in the band
    c) choosing an average lead single
    d) crap styling of the band
    e) dreadful video
    f) playing every club under the sun rather than sticking them on a tour support
    g) releasing the single on itunes two weeks before its physical release
    h) putting a desperate campaign on facebook BEGIING people to buy the single

Ive nothing against the band a all, they could have been interesting, innovative and funky.
    Instead, they are the opposite.

We need an amazing new boyband soon..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.