23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg

*sigh* so pretty... anywho!

We're back and ready to tackle our 20s!! The start of the iconic 3D logos!! We have an entire week to decide which NOW should be on top and which one should just gather dust!! *cough*NOW29FTW*cough*

VOTING:

To vote, you just need to put these NOWs in order of your most favourite to least favourite. With your Number 1 being the highest and your 10 being the lowest.

Also, please include your favourite songs from Each NOW. You can only pick THREE songs from each NOW CD. Your top 3 will be added to other peoples to make a little mini chart to go with each NOW's results (if that make sense).

THE NOWs

NOW 20: Tracklisting
NOW 21: Tracklisting
NOW 22: Tracklisting
NOW 23: Tracklisting
NOW 24: Tracklisting
NOW 25: Tracklisting
NOW 26: Tracklisting
NOW 27: Tracklisting
NOW 28: Tracklisting
NOW 29: Tracklisting

DEADLINE:
Midnight of the 21st June! I must have all votes in by then please!

Any questions, please let me know

Thank You & Happy Voting!
xx

Last edited:
Re: The NOW Rate: Volumes 20-29! (1991 - 1994) *LET'S VOTE*

That's the best set of the blocky 'floating in the sky' covers. The '2CD set' corner of NOW 29 still bugs me!

That's the best set of the blocky 'floating in the sky' covers. The '2CD set' corner of NOW 29 still bugs me!

It was probably put on to make sure people didn't get confused about it not being a fat box.

I am glad there are others out there who are troubled by these things!

20-25 look beautiful. 26 begins the slippery slope into meh-ness.

You're both wrong! I love the 3D logos floating about! Makes the NOW series look very grand!

25, whilst a nice idea, is executed badly. The bottom of the 25 is all wobbly - I never liked that.

25, whilst a nice idea, is executed badly. The bottom of the 25 is all wobbly - I never liked that.

I didn't notice that! Very dodgy at the bottom!

I still don't understand why people don't like these logos. I think they're really colourful, especially NOW 28!

NOW 22 and NOW 24 covers are ok but this just shows they put practically zero effort into the covers after they had decided on the NOW 20 template for the next 2 decades.

I mean look at NOW 25 - add a few candy canes, lollipops and helter skelters and you pretty much have a modern NOW cover don't you?

I still think they would all be FAR more attractive with Red Blue and Green NOW logos…. Anyway on to the music!

Now 28 and Now 29 were my first tapes, along with a Walkman, for Christmas '94. Best presents ever.

I'll never be able to un-notice that iffy bit on 25........

Had you never seen it? It's bugged me for 21 years - that and NOW 25 being a bit shit and not having loads of the things I thought would be on it (like Pray by Take That and Express by Dina Carroll).

Had you never seen it? It's bugged me for 21 years - that and NOW 25 being a bit shit and not having loads of the things I thought would be on it (like Pray by Take That and Express by Dina Carroll).

Pray was on Now 26 at least and also featured on Hits 93, Volume 3 [the summer one]. And both Smash Hits and Telstar Greatest Hits of 1993 too.

Express was another odd one to leave off. The Now Dance 93 fatbox has it though. And I think it made the Smash Hits too...

Had you never seen it? It's bugged me for 21 years.

At the time, I wasn't too interested in NOWs anymore, and I only got it on CD last year, for pennies in a very shabby case so the sleeve isn't as clear as it would be new (I know, I'll get around to replacing it eventually). It's just something I hadn't noticed!

Pray was indeed on NOW 26 but by then I wants Relight My Fire! Sometimes they're one song out on NOWs and it was annoying as a teenager when I wanted the latest hits now!

Staff member

The Now 21 and 28 covers were my favourites out of these - will send in my results today!

The issues with the 90's editions of the NOW series was that Sony/BMG/Warner/Telestar (whoever they are) jumped ships are put the main focus on their HITS series, making things like Take That a huge exclusive that the NOWs didn't have. It's totally annoying 'cos I always imagine what some of the NOWs would've been like if HITS died soon after the original release.

I imagine that's Telstar rather than Telestar. Didn't Victoria Beckham bankrupt them with her Damon Dash hip hop album?!

I imagine that's Telstar rather than Telestar. Didn't Victoria Beckham bankrupt them with her Damon Dash hip hop album?!

Yes! That and the break-up of Mis-Teeq (who were their main money maker at the time)

I find the history of the HITS franchise all a bit confusing. They were there as a main rival, then they weren't, then they were again, and now where are they?