33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg
37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg

THE 30's!

The 30's where were I started to take a major interest in the world of Pop Music! I remember my half-brother introducing me to The Box and the first video I saw was "Barbie Girl" by AQUA (NOW 39) and remember falling in love with Spice Girls "Wannabe" (NOW 34) and "Say You'll Be There" (NOW 35). I also remember the '97 Brit Awards extremely well, being introduced to the world of spectacular performances, music videos and publicity!

'95-'98 saw the the rise of BritPop with bands like Oasis, Pulp and Suede. Girl Power from Spice Girls and All Saints. Manufactured Euro-Pop like Steps & AQUA. It was a fun time for Pop and the NOWs of these generation captured some of it pretty well.

So let's vote!

VOTING:

To vote, you just need to put these NOWs in order of your most favourite to least favourite. With your Number 1 being the highest and your 10 being the lowest.

Also, please include your favourite songs from Each NOW. You can only pick THREE songs from each NOW CD. Your top 3 will be added to other peoples to make a little mini chart to go with each NOW's results (if that make sense).

THE NOWs

NOW 30: Tracklisting
NOW 31: Tracklisting
NOW 32: Tracklisting
NOW 33: Tracklisting
NOW 34: Tracklisting
NOW 35: Tracklisting
NOW 36: Tracklisting
NOW 37: Tracklisting
NOW 38: Tracklisting
NOW 39: Tracklisting

Deadline

All votes need to be in before midnight of the 28th (Saturday). I also want MORE people voting this time, I appreciate everyone who's stuck with these rates so far, but we need more votes or else I feel it a bit boring/pointless (is that the right word here?). and we're just getting to many ties at the moment.

Promote & Vote, that's all I can say.

Thank You

Any questions, fire away!

Last edited:
Re: The NOW Rate: Volumes 30-39 (1995-1998)

We should have also voted for worst song on each one along the way!

Some shit on NOW 23 would have taken the 20s crown. And Status Quo's Beach Boys cover from NOW 33 for the 30s.

Those sleeves look pretty. 34 was the first one on CD that I bought as soon as it came out, and I remember being very excited about the releases of 35 and 36 at the time.

Those sleeves look pretty. 34 was the first one on CD that I bought as soon as it came out, and I remember being very excited about the releases of 35 and 36 at the time.

I love the 37 cover. So shiny and gold! I had to have it!

I definitely bought 31, 35 to 37 and 39 at the time. The others I ended up getting over the ensuing decade, but at the time it was a toss-up between the Now and the relevant Dance Zone Level between which import I would spend my cash on.

I love the worst song idea as well. There's always at least one real dud which felt like the compiler had to do a favour to get a higher profile track approved.

Last edited:

Clearly no one will vote Vanilla's No Way No Way as worst song as it's amazing.

Now 30 has Scarlet's Independent Love Song. The only logical winner.

Now 30 was the first one I bought on CD. I played it to death, particularly disc 2. Annoyed they put a weird non-rap version of "Run Away" on it though. Now 30 is the best Now artwork ever I think. In fact the whole 30s period is the best set of covers. Why did they give up sometime in the 50s and just rehash the same colours and themes over and over?

Now 37 was my soundtrack to a great summer '97.

Just voted - and I'd forgotten just how much rock and Britpop there was on some of these volumes... as obvious as that may seem given what years we're talking about.

As a result, since I wasn't a fan of either genre, there was often one CD of the two I barely listened to and one I listened to pretty much from beginning to end (the one with all the pop, dance and R&B on it).

I definitely preferred the Now 10s, 20s and 40s - but will be interesting to see the overall results since I don't think my ranking of the 30s will be very typical.

Sorry for the lack of support for this thread with week guys. I've been so ill and tired that I just couldn't even be asked to try and do anything. But I really need more votes! This is a massive plea for votes because this is the lowest amount so far.

Also, starting from the 40's onwards we'll add the "Worst Song Ever" section. But for now, let's just stick to "The Top 3" thing

Why not start the worst song with this one? or have too many people submitted their votes?

he / him

I feel like the next batch of NOW's are going to start igniting my interest.

Just submitted my votes. I think that was the toughest one yet to rate. One that I think of as being a great NOW wasn't so great when I looked again. Maybe I was just thinking of the pretty cover!

Re-playing these for my opinions for the results (tomorrow) and I actually do love 75% of each of each one. Disc 2 is a very dodgy neighbourhood though! But if you're into your Alternative, that's the disc to play. I'm also living for the love of Sheryl Crow as well.

Adding up the votes for this Rate as we speak. What times should I reveal them? What suits you?